Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2023, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
I really just have the music from Ghost stuck in my head rn

And Unchained Melody

I associate that song with Barchie

With the original version of the song coming out coincidentally in 1955 which season 7 will take place in I think it would be a perfect choice to have it play for a Barchie scene

I guess they could kind of cheat and also play the Righteous Brothers version even though it came out in the 60s
Unchained Melody was a huge hit in 1990. Bigger than when it first came out. The Righteous Brothers had a huge revival in the 1980s. First, Top Gun made You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' a hit again, and then Ghost did the same with Unchained Melody.

Oh, you like that for a Barchie song? Yep, it's fitting since Riverdale is back in 1955. And yeah, the original version of Unchained Melody was written and recorded in 1955 by three different artists. It didn't become a hit until The Righteous Brothers did their version in 1965.

Quote:
Originally Posted by like a perfect storm (View Post)
logging in for a minute to answer this. no that's not why, I've been cheated on so the cheating storyline upset me but then I rewatched during hiatus after 5a and all my feelings came back but also my otps are bughead and varchie so.... but the point is I started shipping them again so now I ship all three couples which helps a lot tbh. they definitely were the highlight plus some other things I won't mention but overall the writing wasn't good.

s6 was just better overall imo. that scene in 5x08 was so sweet and romantic and definitely felt like more than fwb.

I have a lot of different opinions probably than you guys since my otps are different but what matters is I do love barchie a lot now.

now I'm gone until monday! it's hard staying offline istg.

ps sorry if anything I said came off as anti, not my intention at all I just wanted to explain why I stopped shipping for a bit and why I started again.

Oh, I see. I'm sorry, Sara. Yeah, I can understand that. I also shipped Varchie, but for some reason I never really liked Bughead. I always saw Betty and Veronica as Archie's girls from the comics, and pairing Betty with Jughead seemed weird to me.

Yep, I totally get what you mean. Season 5 and 6 made me ship Barchie again after briefly giving up hope because by then, Betty and Archie were no longer with anyone.

Okay, Sara! We'll miss you! See you on Monday!
Old 02-05-2023, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Unchained Melody was a huge hit in 1990. Bigger than when it first came out. The Righteous Brothers had a huge revival in the 1980s. First, Top Gun made You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' a hit again, and then Ghost did the same with Unchained Melody.

Oh, you like that for a Barchie song? Yep, it's fitting since Riverdale is back in 1955. And yeah, the original version of Unchained Melody was written and recorded in 1955 by three different artists. It didn't become a hit until The Righteous Brothers did their version in 1965.

Oh, I see. I'm sorry, Sara. Yeah, I can understand that. I also shipped Varchie, but for some reason I never really liked Bughead. I always saw Betty and Veronica as Archie's girls from the comics, and pairing Betty with Jughead seemed weird to me.

Yep, I totally get what you mean. Season 5 and 6 made me ship Barchie again after briefly giving up hope because by then, Betty and Archie were no longer with anyone.

Okay, Sara! We'll miss you! See you on Monday!
thanks bb. actually I heard bh had something in the comics too not as long as the show but something but I never read the comics and I don't plan to. I just ship all three of them and I can't stop now I can't help it and I wish I did ship just barchie it would be easier it hurts too much shipping the other two now.

I do think we should stick to just barchie in here though, that way nobody gets upset or anything because this show stresses me out enough tbh.

that's such a good song, alison!! I want them to sing it!!

I also heard labyrinth by tswift might be played during s7 I'm excited for that!!
together.” || adam conantcassie blake

Sara | tumblr
Old 02-05-2023, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don’t know about them singing Unchained Melody

Just fine with it playing in the background like in Ghost

Yeah I did see that on Twitter

I would love that if they did for Barchie
Old 02-05-2023, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

awww yeah I'd love if it's in the background!

my friend said she wants them to do it for barchoni, I'd be okay with that.

btw it's after 11pm I should be asleep. I come home tomorrow so I gotta go to bed ttyl!

Sara | tumblr
Old 02-05-2023, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just know Barchie flashbacks will be used in season 7 too because it’s a big thing with them

Ah I’m not ready

Re-your earlier message Alex I do love You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin’ as well

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 02-05-2023 at 11:04 PM
Old 02-06-2023, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

I want flashbacks again so bad!

Sara | tumblr
Old 02-06-2023, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah it was said a little while ago that the actor who plays young Archie is coming back next season too
Old 02-06-2023, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

awwww, I'm excited to see that!

Sara | tumblr
Old 02-06-2023, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I’ve loved seeing both the actors that have played young Archie and Betty in the flashbacks and also them as their children
Old 02-06-2023, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
I just know Barchie flashbacks will be used in season 7 too because it’s a big thing with them

Ah I’m not ready

Re-your earlier message Alex I do love You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin’ as well

Thanks, Alison. Yeah, I like that song as well. There were a lot of older acts from the 1960s who were seeing revivals in the 1980s due to nostalgia. Kind of like what we're seeing with 80s music today.

Quote:
thanks bb. actually I heard bh had something in the comics too not as long as the show but something but I never read the comics and I don't plan to. I just ship all three of them and I can't stop now I can't help it and I wish I did ship just barchie it would be easier it hurts too much shipping the other two now.

I do think we should stick to just barchie in here though, that way nobody gets upset or anything because this show stresses me out enough tbh.

that's such a good song, alison!! I want them to sing it!!

I also heard labyrinth by tswift might be played during s7 I'm excited for that!!

You're welcome, Sara.

Oh, did they? I wasn't aware. Must be in the more recent comics.

No problem. We can just stick to Barchie on this thread. I used to have a tough time multishipping as well, but I find that it's easy for me when it comes to Clark/Chloe and Clark/Lois.

I haven't heard Labyrinth.
Old 02-06-2023, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Here’s a good Barchie edit with the main chorus of Labyrinth Alex

https://instagram.com/p/CkWbDpOIGeo

and another edit with the beginning of that same song

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 02-06-2023 at 08:53 PM
Old 02-06-2023, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Thanks, Alison. Yeah, I like that song as well. There were a lot of older acts from the 1960s who were seeing revivals in the 1980s due to nostalgia. Kind of like what we're seeing with 80s music today.

You're welcome, Sara.

Oh, did they? I wasn't aware. Must be in the more recent comics.

No problem. We can just stick to Barchie on this thread. I used to have a tough time multishipping as well, but I find that it's easy for me when it comes to Clark/Chloe and Clark/Lois.

I haven't heard Labyrinth.
thanks. I just think it'll be a lot more civil. shipwars are awful! omg I shipped both of those as well though I prefer clois. and multishipping definitely makes things easier I agree.

omg those are sooooooo good!! I think tswift wrote all her songs for them tbh.

Sara | tumblr
Old 02-06-2023, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Definitely from Midnights that album especially has so many songs that remind me of them

https://twitter.com/ZefronsNinja/sta...81908148568064

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 02-07-2023 at 02:03 AM
Old 02-07-2023, 06:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah there's a lot from her other albums too. there's ones for every phase of their relationship.

awwwww!!!

Sara | tumblr
Old 02-07-2023, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for those vids, Alison! OMG, that's Taylor Swift? That's really different for her. That's some Enya/Evanescence stuff right there.

Quote:
thanks. I just think it'll be a lot more civil. shipwars are awful! omg I shipped both of those as well though I prefer clois. and multishipping definitely makes things easier I agree.

omg those are sooooooo good!! I think tswift wrote all her songs for them tbh.

You're welcome. You shipped Chlark and Clois as well? Well, I shipped them both, but not at the same time. See, I wanted Clark to break things off with Lana after high school ended when he realized that she wasn't "the one" and eventually move on with Chloe. But then Clark and Chloe would end on a not-tragic but "bittersweet" note, and he'd end up with Lois. Chloe wouldn't die or anything, but it would be a mutual parting of ways when they finally go their own paths after being on the same one for so long. It's like a three act play, with Clark/Lana as the first act, Clark/Chloe as the second act, and Clark/Lois as the third and final act. That's how I do things, according to what best serves the story and character.