Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2017, 11:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieSC (View Post)
Our ship name should be ZeroScenes

Me answering to Kevin Keller: Archie and Betty don't even talk, but they are endgame
We should've used this as a joke title for this thread
Old 04-13-2017, 12:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

That's so sad and so true
Old 04-13-2017, 06:37 PM
Elite Fan

Spoiler:
Old 04-13-2017, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope next season they get more focus
Old 04-13-2017, 11:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

I can't stand Varhie and Bughead, but I think episode was amazing. I totally felt that show will be going Archie & Betty road further. Archie and Veronica doesn't seem like a ship that can last. I might be proven wrong, but we'll see.

OMG, Betty doesn't know Jug has a birthday? It just proves that she didn't care about him while all 3 of them were childhood friends, it's completely unbelievable to not know this information. She most definitely just didn't pay much attention to it. Or they never ever were much of a friends...

I loved all the Barchie scenes, my babies will eventually rise
Old 04-14-2017, 04:22 AM
Elite Fan

Betty not knowing much about Jughead is bizarre. I mean I do think it was always more Betty/Archie and Archie/Jughead, but she should know more than she does.

Pretty good episode. Last episode I legitimately rolled my eyes during a Betty and Jughead scene but despite the problems I still have with them.. I liked their scenes. And I am enjoying Archie/Veronica.

But this episode also had things for Archie/Betty. Scenes for one thing.
I loved that Betty tried to change the subject when they were going after Archie for his affair with Grundy, and then Archie told them to back off of Betty.

ETA: Got gifs.

Also:
"Last time you brought me baked good, you'd kissed Archie."
"Until what? Archie changes his mind and decides he wants to be with you?"

Two quotes that at least point to them finally addressing Betty's feelings on Archie right now. Because Betty is definitely going to find out about Archie and Veronica sooner or later.
Old 04-14-2017, 04:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyls (View Post)
Betty not knowing much about Jughead is bizarre. I mean I do think it was always more Betty/Archie and Archie/Jughead, but she should know more than she does.

Pretty good episode. Last episode I legitimately rolled my eyes during a Betty and Jughead scene but despite the problems I still have with them.. I liked their scenes. And I am enjoying Archie/Veronica.

But this episode also had things for Archie/Betty. Scenes for one thing.
I loved that Betty tried to change the subject when they were going after Archie for his affair with Grundy, and then Archie told them to back off of Betty.

ETA: Got gifs.

Also:
"Last time you brought me baked good, you'd kissed Archie."
"Until what? Archie changes his mind and decides he wants to be with you?"

Two quotes that at least point to them finally addressing Betty's feelings on Archie right now. Because Betty is definitely going to find out about Archie and Veronica sooner or later.
The way they supported one another was amazing
I just hope to see some jealousy on Betty's part when she finds out about Varchie.

What do you like about Archie & Veronica? I agree that unlike Bughead they have slight chemistry, but once again it's a random hook up that is based on nothing but physical attraction. No bashing that's just the way I see them, I don't think they have any establishment for true feelings.

I also must say how happy I was about Bughead argument, Jug totaly showed his true colors, this guy is nowhere near being the easiest one, he has so many bugs in his head.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiftOfDestiny (View Post)
The way they supported one another was amazing
I just hope to see some jealousy on Betty's part when she finds out about Varchie.
Spoiler:

Quote:
What do you like about Archie & Veronica? I agree that unlike Bughead they have slight chemistry, but once again it's a random hook up that is based on nothing but physical attraction. No bashing that's just the way I see them, I don't think they have any establishment for true feelings.
I don't even really know. I think mostly it's because I like both characters and I feel more chemistry now with them then I initially did. I'm just liking it for now.
Sorry for bringing up other ships, I just feel more comfortable in this thread.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Spoiler:

I don't even really know. I think mostly it's because I like both characters and I feel more chemistry now with them then I initially did. I'm just liking it for now.
Sorry for bringing up other ships, I just feel more comfortable in this thread.
Spoiler:

They totally set up Archie & Betty in tonights episode.

I actually liked VA in episode 1 until they kissed. That whole situation blew me away.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiftOfDestiny (View Post)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Unfortunately no new ep next week.

Quote:
I actually liked VA in episode 1 until they kissed. That whole situation blew me away.
Yeah, that wasn't the best. It felt weird that Veronica would get close to Archie right then, knowing that Betty liked Archie.

Just saw this, from Cole:

Quote:
There seem to be two main Riverdale fan ships: Bughead and Beronica (Betty/Veronica). Which one are you behind?

I actually really ship Betty and Archie. When I would read the Archie comics when I was younger I was rooting for Betty and Archie way over any alternative. [I think I would have seen] that long-lived, childlike romance from two people knowing each other since youth as probably quite romantic. I am a sucker for that childhood romance narrative.
Source.

Last edited by Kyls; 04-14-2017 at 06:49 AM
Old 04-14-2017, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aww Cole is a shipper!
Old 04-14-2017, 11:02 AM
New Fan

I do think that what KJ Apa and the writers where saying when the "triangle" would be ressurected in the end of the season, it was BAV and not Archie-Bughead. Now that VA are set up, I wonder how they are going to set up BA back again. Frankly all the relationships that has developed seem like whiplash. I could never be fully convinced that Betty's longstanding crush with Archie will just fizzle out like that. And so cool that Cole thinks Betty and Archie should end up together!
Old 04-14-2017, 06:14 PM
Elite Fan

I do find it funny that Cole was to pick between two other ships, and he chose Betty and Archie instead. He's got taste there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsabelS (View Post)
Frankly all the relationships that has developed seem like whiplash.
True. Well particularly with Archie.

Quote:
I could never be fully convinced that Betty's longstanding crush with Archie will just fizzle out like that.
Yeah.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:43 PM
New Fan

Quote:
I do find it funny that Cole was to pick between two other ships, and he chose Betty and Archie instead. He's got taste there.

True. Well particularly with Archie.

Yeah.
KJ Apa has been saying in the beginning that he wanted Betty to end up with Archie during the earlier part of the season but I guess he started taking it back since there were so many people into the Jughead and Betty coupling.

I feel that the writers are maxing out their creativity because it seems all it takes to move the plot from one story to the next is to make Archie do something dumb. Like...I need them to make Archie likeable...and have more depth. I'm worried that if he ever goes for Betty again, it'll be whiplash out-of-blue decision on his part...and that'll get his character even more hate.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:21 PM
Elite Fan

I only really see snippets of interviews, and I don't know when they're from. Maybe he still feels Betty and Archie are the planned endgame, but people were being quite rude about his opinion on that, so maybe he just doesn't mention it.

I think, and I hope, that they at least take their time with Betty and Archie, so unlike pairings that seem to happen a bit too quickly on this show, there will at least be good build up.

ETA:

Last edited by Kyls; 04-14-2017 at 09:53 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread