Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2017, 09:43 PM
Master Fan

So they're making Val/Archie/Veronica a triangle?
Old 03-22-2017, 10:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

I don't think so.

...Well, I don't know. I really hope not.

What people are dreading right now is a potential Archie/Betty/Veronica triangle.

Or an Archie/Valerie/Veronica triangle.

Or an Archie/Betty/Jughead triangle.

Meanwhile, Bughead and Archerie fans want no part of this chaos, and just hope for things to be left as they are.
James26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hope they leave both couples just as they are. Why do either of them need triangles to mess things up? We don't.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:38 AM
Master Fan

Archie/Betty/Jughead would piss me off more than Valerie/Archie/Veronica. Veronica and Valerie aren't really friends, so if Veronica wound up with Archie, it wouldn't be as bad.

Jughead and Archie are childhood bros and the three kids have been besties for their entire lives. Screwing that up would be offensive, especially since Archie has always preferred Veronica. He will seriously take any woman in the world and put her before Betty.

I want no part in triangle crap,though. I only wanted it initially so they'd stick to tradition, but then they were smart and went with a couple that was popular in one verse. Bughead isn't canon now, but it was in the 40's.

They have characters that haven't appeared this season and V could easily be with one of them. I'll be honest, though. Veronica isn't straight imho and she could easily be with a girl. They'll never do Beronica,but she could be slashed with someone else. She was good with Reggie and even if he only appears sometimes, he's her canon LI. In Life with Archie,she marries him in the verse where he marries Betty.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
so if Veronica wound up with Archie, it wouldn't be as bad.
WHAAAAT????

I've got nothing against Veronica or Betty. I just think that Archerie is -- by far -- the most interesting and fun relationship.

The writers have spent two episodes creating this beautiful bond, and a part of me just knows they're going to tear it down in the interests of "creativity," or "exploring other options." Nonsense.

Hope they have some fun scenes tonight.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:08 AM
Master Fan

I'm excited to see more development. They've been very sweet.
serendipity or fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

The definitive Archie/Valerie tune. Placed in the OP.

Lyrics

I get a little bit overwhelmed

But I find you when I need you most

You are the compass that I've always held

'Cause around you I can be myself

[vocalizing]

I'm trying now, I'm turning the page

We're animals, breaking out of our cage

There's nobody, no one, no way who gets me like you do

And I know it ain't gonna change, you always pull me through

We're as wild as we can be

I got you and you got me

I got you, you got me

[vocalizing]

We grew tall in the same small town

Stealing shopping carts that we'd race around

Late at night looking at the stars

Carry moon beams home in a mason jar

[vocalizing]

I'm ready now, I'm turning the page

We're animals, breaking out of our cage

I got you and you got me

I got you, you got me

Moving up, moving on

Headlights go till the dawn

We're future kings and riot queens

Ohh we're turning up, turning on

Nothing's right when you're gone

We're future kings and riot queens

And nobody, no one, no way

(Nobody, no one, no way)

And I know it ain't gonna change

I've got you and you've got me

I've got you, you've got me

I got you, and you got me

Source / Corrections: James

You simply cannot convince me that these two aren't perfect for each other.

The deleted scene.

I'm actually glad that they left this out. It's a nice moment, but the kiss was more of a surprise without it.

Last edited by James26; 03-24-2017 at 10:14 PM
Old 03-25-2017, 02:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

Reviews

"Betty and Veronica have long fought over Archie's heart in the comics upon which Riverdale is based, but The CW show has given K.J. Apa's Archie a love interest far more aligned with who the redheaded hunk is in 2017. Valerie (Hayley Law) didn't have to try particularly hard to snag a smooch from the show's leading man — all she had to do was make sweet music. Val and Archie had been working on songwriting, but their musical connection turned romantic in "Chapter Six: Faster, Pussycats! Kill! Kill!" While the pair didn't perform at the variety show together, Archie can credit the Pussycat with helping make his solo debut the best it could be. (Creepy teacher Ms. Grundy certainly doesn't deserve the credit.) In this deleted scene, Archie and Val share yet another steamy moment in the music room, and it's yet one more reason to ship these two."

–Refinery29.com

"I just hope it doesn’t fall back into the Archie archetype and somehow twist Betty’s relationship with Jughead as a way to get Archie (who I also like better developing a relationship with Valerie)."

–GeekGirlPenPals.com

Last edited by James26; 03-25-2017 at 11:31 PM
Old 03-28-2017, 12:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's such a beautiful song.

So in the comics Archie/Val are married?
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 03-28-2017, 05:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

^ In at least one reality. From what I hear, the writers were surprised by how popular they became.

They're not married on the show, though...not yet.

Cute:

Last edited by James26; 03-28-2017 at 06:07 PM
Old 03-29-2017, 07:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by James26 (View Post)
WHAAAAT????

I've got nothing against Veronica or Betty. I just think that Archerie is -- by far -- the most interesting and fun relationship.

The writers have spent two episodes creating this beautiful bond, and a part of me just knows they're going to tear it down in the interests of "creativity," or "exploring other options." Nonsense.

Hope they have some fun scenes tonight.
I mean in terms of triangles. The classic one would hurt Betty a lot. Veronica and Valerie aren't really friends,so there won't be as much heartbreak.

I think that Archie and Val will manage for the season. The remaining episodes are probably either going to be about other characters or the mystery.

That deleted scene was hot.
Old 03-31-2017, 06:08 AM
New Fan

Quote:
I mean in terms of triangles. The classic one would hurt Betty a lot. Veronica and Valerie aren't really friends,so there won't be as much heartbreak.

I think that Archie and Val will manage for the season. The remaining episodes are probably either going to be about other characters or the mystery.

That deleted scene was hot.
My heart is crushed now, I love Valerie Brown but I am so shocked at the actions of Archie Andrews. I don't even know the.....why Archie why? Urgh, my blood is on fire right now, why did you have to betray Valerie like that? You started a romantic relationship with her in the latest episode only to break her heart in the next one. What is wrong with you Archie?

Last edited by sheenamaria; 03-31-2017 at 06:16 AM
sheenamaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 03:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Promos can be misleading. I'm going to give Archie the benefit of the doubt until I see the episode.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 04-02-2017, 04:00 AM
Obsessed Fan

Review

"Archie and Valerie are iconic canon comic book characters, so seeing them together is fun. Seeing Archie and Valerie as the main couple instead of Archie and Veronica or Archie and Betty is also refreshing. Heck, it was just as refreshing in the comic book, since writer/artist Dan Parent seemed as intent as many of his readers to do away with the outdated Betty-Archie-Veronica love triangle. What would have been great, though, is if Valerie had been characterized before she got with Archie. Still, I love seeing Archie and Valerie together. If anyone can temper Archie's cute-yet-occasionally-frustrating-airheadness with a loving, guiding hand, it's Valerie."

–Ebony

Quote:
I think that Archie and Val will manage for the season.
That would be good, especially when you consider all these reviews they're getting.

The writers aren't going to make me believe that Archie would just give up a girl as nice and beautiful as Valerie -- whom he happens to have things in common with.

The problem is that, contrary to what this review says, they're not being treated like a major couple, and they really should be.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:47 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by James26 (View Post)
Review

"Archie and Valerie are iconic canon comic book characters, so seeing them together is fun. Seeing Archie and Valerie as the main couple instead of Archie and Veronica or Archie and Betty is also refreshing. Heck, it was just as refreshing in the comic book, since writer/artist Dan Parent seemed as intent as many of his readers to do away with the outdated Betty-Archie-Veronica love triangle. What would have been great, though, is if Valerie had been characterized before she got with Archie. Still, I love seeing Archie and Valerie together. If anyone can temper Archie's cute-yet-occasionally-frustrating-airheadness with a loving, guiding hand, it's Valerie."

–Ebony

That would be good, especially when you consider all these reviews they're getting.

The writers aren't going to make me believe that Archie would just give up a girl as nice and beautiful as Valerie -- whom he happens to have things in common with.

The problem is that, contrary to what this review says, they're not being treated like a major couple, and they really should be.
I love this review and I do agree with the statement about Archie and Valerie being a refreshing take from the common love triangle depicted in various Archie Comics (Betty-Archie-Veronica).

Also, I agree with your thoughts about how Valarchie is not treated as a major couple in-show. I love Bughead and I see such beautiful development from both Betty and Jughead especially in the last few episodes. I was just wishing the same thing would happen for our ship. Ever since I saw the pilot, I noticed that Valerie was into Archie so we got to see an interest forming from her side but what about Archie? How does he feel about Valerie? At the moment, the problem I see lies with Archie's POV/side. I want him to voice his feelings to her and make it known that he likes her. That he wants to be with her. That he chose Valerie and that his heart is with her. I am hoping that we get to see such development occurring in the next few episodes for Valarchie. Truly, I want to see this relationship to go to new heights and I believe that if the writers play their cards right, then this ship is destined to be end-game.

Last edited by sheenamaria; 04-04-2017 at 07:38 PM
sheenamaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread