Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2017, 07:33 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennessee Whiskey (View Post)
She certainly brings out the best in Archie.
There you have it. Right there.

Quote:
I'd be okay with Archie/Val being the end game for Archie.
By this point, they'll need to convince us of why this shouldn't happen. No reason yet.
James26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 04:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm not too upset about the lack of scenes. When a couple has a big moment, then gets a break, I like to think that the writers have a plan. I just hope I'll enjoy what they're planning.
Old 03-11-2017, 05:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
By this point, they'll need to convince us of why this shouldn't happen. No reason yet.
Exactly! You'd think they would have started up with the A/B/V triangle yet they barely gave it an episode and are really working on pairing Betty/Jughead and Archie/Val (not that i'm complaining!)...but I don't get what their plan is. I'm hoping these are their end games and by giving them to us right off the bat, we root for them to get through the angst that will surely come their way down the road.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 07:26 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Exactly! You'd think they would have started up with the A/B/V triangle yet they barely gave it an episode and are really working on pairing Betty/Jughead and Archie/Val
It's possible that they just wanted to honor the legendary triangle by giving it a nod (as they should have) before moving on to other pairings.

I've heard that in the comics, Archie's relationship with Val becomes just as serious as his relationships with B and V -- at least in recent years. So, I wouldn't be too surprised if Valerie becomes 'the one' for Archie on the show.

It's still early, of course, so anything could happen, but I think that he and Val have a nice romantic chemistry, so I'd be fine with them ending up together.
Old 03-12-2017, 02:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hope they get some time to really explore the relationship, it could be a really beautiful romance if given a chance. I don't want it to be some sort of filler while waiting to jump to A/V or A/B.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 03-12-2017, 12:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

Betty and Veronica have both shown interest in him since the pilot -- but Valerie is the girl he chose.

And the reasons make sense:
  • They have things in common (they're both dedicated people and share an interest in music)
  • They empathize with each other (he knew that her heart was with the Pussycats)
  • They support each other (she encouraged him amidst criticism and stage fright; he cancelled their duet so she could rejoin her band)
Now, I realize that couples break up all the time on teen dramas, but if they're going to break Archerie up and pair him with someone else, the reasons should make just as much sense as the above, and we should see him forming a new connection that's just as strong.

Bear in mind that I actually like the other girls, but Archerie is the most romantic and logical connection that I've seen so far.
Old 03-12-2017, 02:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheenamaria (View Post)
My Valarchie heart cannot contain this much happiness, I feel like I am about to soar to heaven after witnessing such a stunning couple. I am hoping Archie and Valerie are end game. There is something in the air when I see them interact, it is like a mix of euphoria, electricity and magic (sorry for the Sabrina reference). My goodness, I feel like screaming on top of my lungs. That intense chemistry, oh lord. Sorry for being melodramatic but watching this ship is like observing a life-affirming romance in a movie that you loved which deeply touched your soul.
OT: I don't know how or why, but Sabrina and Jughead have a very weird relationship. She's always watching over him when she's not spending time with him and makes him magical hamburgers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James26 (View Post)
It's possible that they just wanted to honor the legendary triangle by giving it a nod (as they should have) before moving on to other pairings.

I've heard that in the comics, Archie's relationship with Val becomes just as serious as his relationships with B and V -- at least in recent years. So, I wouldn't be too surprised if Valerie becomes 'the one' for Archie on the show.

It's still early, of course, so anything could happen, but I think that he and Val have a nice romantic chemistry, so I'd be fine with them ending up together.
They have a daughter, but I forgot her name. It's very hard for me to buy the comics, because my nearest shop is an hour and a half away. I've only seen the digest and those are boring to me as an adult.

I don't want them to breakup Bughead or Valerie/Archie and I think in Bughead's case, the fans will throw a huge fit. I can see them possibly breaking these two up for Archie/Veronica, since that pairing is popular and a classic. However,it's like you guys said, it needs to be logical.

Veronica has options and I was amused by her and Reggie. We need to see more of him and she was sitting by him when he made fun of Jughead.

The triangle lasted for decades imo because he didn't truly connect with either girl. Also,they were frenemies and too okay with Archie not picking. I mean,Archie even had Cheryl as a third love interest, but it only stuck with one. I think Kevin is the only person Veronica can have any kind of relationship with in the comics(She moves in with him when school is over and he goes to New York) and Betty was happy with some dude named Adam for awhile. Even Jason made Betty happy, so Valerie/Archie didn't need to mean misery for the girls. Veronica ends up with Reggie in Life with Archie where he marries Betty.

Valerie is strong, successful and smart. She gets him the way Betty gets Jughead and he really needs that right now. I hope this pairing becomes more popular, because so far,I'm the only one I know who likes them. Everyone else I know prefers Archie with Veronica.

Last edited by Against_all_odds; 03-12-2017 at 02:34 PM
Against_all_odds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 06:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
They have a daughter, but I forgot her name.
Star. Basically, I think it's one of several possible futures, in which he marries various women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
I hope this pairing becomes more popular
I'm okay with them being less popular than others, though I don't entirely understand it. Apart from Fred, I think that Archie's most substantial interactions have been with Valerie. And he's definitely bonded with her on-screen more than any other girl (the empathy, the common ground, the support).

I think that if Archie/Val had happened earlier in the season -- instead of the Grundy story line -- they'd have a stronger following right now. I don't know why timing matters, though.

In any case, it's a nice relationship so far, and I hope the writers keep it up.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

They might not have the biggest fanbase yet, but they're so charming that it won't take long before they're winning people over.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 03-13-2017, 03:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

Anything you'd like to see happen with these two? If they ever introduce Archie's mom, I'd like to see her meet Valerie.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

That would be good to see. Hopefully she'd be approving...but since Fred is such a good guy, I worry that Mrs. Andrews isn't so nice.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 03-15-2017, 08:14 AM
Obsessed Fan

I wouldn't be too surprised by that, though I think they have enough silly, villainous mothers on the show.

In any case, I hope that the writers take things slow with Archie and Val, instead of acting like they've been together for years.

When we see them again, I don't want them making out all day and finishing each other's sentences. I just want more of the support, empathy, and affection that they show each other.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:06 AM
Obsessed Fan

They are cute.

Han er god barn, men han er så lat.

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Stelena&Bamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 10:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

You mentioned that already. Why do you think they're cute?
Old 03-15-2017, 10:31 AM
Master Fan

Archie doesn't seem to have any issues with his mom. If she was a , he'd react like Betty did. I think it just didn't work out between them and Fred doesn't seem bitter or hostile when his soon to be ex-wife was mentioned.