Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-22-2004, 12:07 PM
Addicted Fan

Age--Clearly you are nuts, but in a good way, so stick around! I dream every night that Kyan is my wife, and he greets me every night at the door with a plate of cookies wearing a frilly pink apron and nothing else. In the dream i'm the breadwinner and Kyan is my bitch. It's sweet. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Personally I'm a sucker for Thom painting. I like the man's brush stroke, what can I say?
Old 04-27-2004, 02:58 PM
Addicted Fan

There is a two page article about Thom in the new issue of People magazine! It has the Olsen twins on the cover. It was a great write up, except the picture of him they took he looks tired and like they put on too much make up.

#34 OBSESSED JB FAN

Come and see why we are so fabulous!
My space
Old 04-28-2004, 11:43 AM
Obsessed Fan

Is that the March issue?

I used to be schizo but now we're fine.
Old 04-29-2004, 09:41 AM
Addicted Fan

If he's wearing mucho makeup in People, it's nothing to the trowel job they did on him in Emmy, the pics of which can be found on the pic thread. Lipstick, blush, foundation--Uhhhh, Thom's an attractive guy, why does he need to look like a doll?
Old 04-29-2004, 09:08 PM
Obsessed Fan

SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Ahem.

Thom might just be coming to a city near you.

And one of those cities is Atlanta! Yes! I'll be meeting Mr. Thom Filicia in about four months! Yay! This totally makes up for missing out on Carson a few weeks ago!

[ 04-29-2004: Message edited platelet ]
Old 04-30-2004, 12:25 AM
Addicted Fan

Hmmm, what are the chances of Thom's little design rodeo making it all the way to Melbourne Australia?

Slim to none you say?

Bah! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Platelet, I'll be wanting details! What were you wearing, what was he wearing, etc....you know, all the important stuff! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2004, 10:08 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by platelet:
<STRONG>SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Ahem.

Thom might just be coming to a city near you.

And one of those cities is Atlanta! Yes! I'll be meeting Mr. Thom Filicia in about four months! Yay! This totally makes up for missing out on Carson a few weeks ago!

</STRONG>
ohhh, that looks so cool! Not just because it's Thom but I love interior design and art too. Hell I'll go to that even if Thom wasn't there!
Old 04-30-2004, 11:20 AM
Master Fan

EEEEEE!!! I need Thom to come by, and I'm sure he'll be in the Bay Area (but it'll be packed, I'm sure).

By the way, platelet - it's good to see you! [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

[ 04-30-2004: Message edited shrrshrr ]

My LJ for Movies
Old 05-17-2004, 10:45 PM
Master Fan

It's Thom's birthday today, May 17, FYI.

sarzy, I agree. You can see the eyeliner from a mile away.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

FIRST OF ALL! I had NO idea that may 17 was THOM'S birthday....for about 13 years I have been celebrating may 17'th as TRENT REZNOR'S birthday (okay, trent - Nine Inch Nails...familiar?)

OH MY GOD! to find out that thom and trent share the same birthday! wow...now i have to drink twice as much on may 17...

i have a newfound respect for thom....(i mean i respected him before...but god, he was born on the same day as my hero...i like 'em even more now)

would anyone like me to make a post about taurus's...i know a really good astro site and i would be willing to look up thom there....ahhhh...i know you wanna know so here is...according to astrology online all the facts about a taurus....

Patient and reliable
Warmhearted and loving
Persistent and determined
Placid and security loving

On the dark side....

Jealous and possessive
Resentful and inflexible
Self-indulgent and greedy

Taurus About Your Sign...
The Taurean's characteristics are solidity, practicality, extreme determination and strength of will - no one will ever drive them, but they will willingly and loyally follow a leader they trust. They are stable, balanced, conservative good, law-abiding citizens and lovers of peace, possessing all the best qualities of the bourgeoisie. As they have a sense of material values and physical possessions, respect for property and a horror of falling into debt, they will do everything in their power to maintain the security of the status quo and be somewhat hostile to change.

Mentally, they are keen-witted and practical more often than intellectual, but apt to become fixed in their opinions through their preference for following accepted and reliable patterns of experience. Their character is generally dependable, steadfast, prudent, just, firm and unshaken in the face of difficulties. Their vices arise from their virtues, going to extremes on occasion,such as sometimes being too slavish to the conventions they admire.

On rare occasions a Taurean may be obstinately and exasperatingly self-righteous, unoriginal, rigid, ultraconservative, argumentative, querulous bores, stuck in a self-centered rut. They may develop a brooding resentment through nursing a series of injuries received and, whether their characters are positive or negative, they need someone to stroke their egos with a frequent, "Well Done!" Most Taureans are not this extreme though.

They are faithful and generous friends with a great capacity for affection, but rarely make friends with anyone outside their social rank, to which they are ordinarily excessively faithful. In the main, they are gentle, even tempered, good natured, modest and slow to anger, disliking quarreling and avoiding ill-feeling. If they are provoked, however, they can explode into violent outbursts of ferocious anger in which they seem to lose all self-control. Equally unexpected are their occasional sallies into humor and exhibitions of fun.

Although their physical appearance may belie it, they have a strong aesthetic taste, enjoying art, for which they may have a talent, beauty (recoiling from anything sordid or ugly) and music. They may have a strong, sometimes unconventional, religious faith. Allied to their taste for all things beautiful is a love for the good things of life pleasure, comfort, luxury and good food and wine and they may have to resist the temptation to over indulgence, leading to drunkenness, gross sensuality, and covetousness.

In their work, Taureans are industrious and good craftspeople, and are not afraid of getting their hands dirty. They are reliable, practical, methodical and ambitious, within a framework of obedience to superiors. They are at their best in routine positions of trust and responsibility, where there is little need of urgency and even less risk of change, and a pension at the end. Yet they are creative and good founders of enterprises where the rewards of their productiveness come from their own work and not that of others. They can flourish in many different trades and professions: banking, architecture, building, almost any form of bureaucracy, auctioneering, farming, medicine, chemistry, industry Taureans make good managers and foremen surveying, insurance, education and, perhaps surprisingly, music and sculpture. They make an ideal trustee or guardian, and can attain eminence as a chef. Some Taureans are gifted enough in singing to become opera stars or to excel in more popular types of music.

They are more than averagely amorous and sensually self-conscious, but sexually straightforward and not given to experiment. They make constant, faithful, home loving spouses and thoughtful, kindly parents, demanding too much of neither their spouses nor children. They can be over possessive and may sometimes play the game of engineering family roles for the pleasure of making up the quarrel. If anyone offends their amour proper they can be a determined enemy, though magnanimous in forgiveness if their opponent makes an effort to meet them halfway.

No other sign in the zodiac is closer to earth then Taurus. The main objective in leading a Taurean life is primarily (though not entirely) to maintain stability and physical concerns. Your inner spiritual sense longs for earthly harmony and wholesomeness. When you fully understand this, and work toward this end, you will no longer need to blindly reassure yourself with external possessions and comforts. A realization that finding this inner peace will cause all of the above mentioned positive things will overtake you and your life will be very full.

Ultimately the Taurean needs to discover their truest, deepest and highest values. When they know what is truly valuable, they are no longer chained to people and to things that have to do with lesser values. The greatest indication of value to a Taurean is beauty, which cannot be owned, only appreciated.

Possible Health Concerns...

Taurus governs the throat and neck and its subjects need to beware throat infections, goiter and respiratory ailments such as asthma. They are said to be at risk of diseases of the genitals, womb, liver and kidneys, and of abscesses and rheumatism. Because their body type has an inclination to physical laziness, Taureans can be overweight.

Being Attracted
Things Natural
Time to Ponder
Comfort and Pleasure
DISLIKES
Disruption
Being pushed too hard
Synthetic or "man made" things
Being rushed
Being indoors

PROBLEMS THAT MAY ARISE FOR YOU, AND THEIR SOLUTIONS

As with all sun signs, we all have unique traits to our personalities. When these traits are suppressed, or unrealized, problems will arise. However, with astrology we can examine the problem and assess the proper solution based on the sun sign characteristics. As a Taurean you may see things below that really strike home. Try the solution, you most likely will be amazed at the results. If you find yourself on the receiving end of the negatives below, it is because you are failing to express the positive.

PROBLEM: Having feelings of being used and manipulated, led down the garden path and made a sucker of.
SOLUTION: Realize that your magnetism attracts negative as well as positive influences. You need to choose your friends, not let them choose you.

PROBLEM: Physical things start loosing their appeal, and you feel more and more out of touch with the world around you. You stop caring so much about how much money you have among other physical concerns.
SOLUTION: You are starting to discover an inner harmony that is trying to replace the physical with spiritual. You must let this grow without killing the part of you that provides sustenance for your family.

PROBLEM: Unexplained fear of loss, jealousy and a paranoia that others are out to get you.
SOLUTION: You have within you the ability to not only attract faithfulness, but also the intellect to see what is truly going on around you. You are loosing faith in both of these personal traits. Rebuild that faith.

PROBLEM: Feeling depressed with life. Disgusted and dissatisfied. People around you are little comfort. You feel that life lacks meaning. Easily addicted to physical pleasures.
SOLUTION: Revisit and realize the value of spiritual things in life. Take control of your life by realizing it is not the things in life that are important, but the spirit behind it all.

Your ruling planet is VENUS

Mean distance from the Sun (AU) 0.723
Sidereal period of orbit (years) 0.62
Equatorial radius (km) 6052
Polar radius (km) same
Body rotation period (hours) 58.32
Tilt of equator to orbit (degrees) 177.3
Number of observed satellites 0

Some more interesting facts about your sign:

The animal associated with you sign is this tough looking bull. The Egyptian Hourus was the bull of heaven, and a white bull was sacrificed in Babylonia at the New Year to placate Ramman, the god of thunder and lightning.

The color of choice for Taurus is PINK (note from r3k: hahahahaah!)
.................................................................................

anyway, i hope you thom fans enjoyed that. if not, the mods can delete it...

if anybody knows the astro signs of the other 5 i would be happy to look up their signs and show you the info...

so far ive got thom and carson ( i know carson is a scorpio, but not the exact date...so please if you know let me know) only 3 more to go, WOO!
Old 05-18-2004, 11:05 PM
Addicted Fan

rar, you've been a busy little chicken!

I thought it was interesting what it said about Taureans losing interesting in physical things--I can see Thom doing that, especially with furniture and knick knacks and things.

I think Kyan is an Aquarian, but i might have made that up because I'm an Aquarian......
Old 05-19-2004, 02:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

well, astrology online is a really good site where i get all my astrology stuff...i just go to yahoo, and look up any sign, and then scroll down untill i see the astrology online page for that sign, and i get tons of interesting info like the above post about taurus....

really...you should read the one about carson...it seems SO true!
Old 05-19-2004, 03:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Possible Health Concerns...

Taurus governs the throat and neck and its subjects need to beware throat infections, goiter and respiratory ailments such as asthma. They are said to be at risk of diseases of the genitals, womb, liver and kidneys, and of abscesses and rheumatism. Because their body type has an inclination to physical laziness, Taureans can be overweight.
Funny this is mentioned. Thom's a smoker.
Old 05-20-2004, 12:17 AM
Addicted Fan

Thom's a smoker.....

I'm a smoker.....

It's fate!
Old 05-20-2004, 12:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by sarzy
Thom's a smoker.....

I'm a smoker.....

It's fate!