Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-22-2003, 02:38 PM
Master Fan

Tru Davies Appreciation

After witnessing the shooting death of her mother at the age of twelve, Tru was left with a haunting emotional void as well as the constant guilt as to whether or not she could have done anything to stop it.

Ten years later, Tru finds herself thrown into the role of mother to trying to keep some form of her family together. Being the middle child, Tru is constantly looking out for her reckless, but lovable younger brother, Harrison as well as her overly ambitious, older sister, Meredith.

In addition to her personal life, Tru is trying to recognize her own professional ambitions of getting into medical school and becoming a doctor. When Tru's internship at a hospital is cut due to lack of funding, Tru is forced to take a less desirable one-in the city morgue.

Not particularly happy about her new job (or the fact that she has been put on the "graveyard shift"), Tru makes the best of it--not knowing at first that this seemingly entry-level internship will eventually transform her life forever.

Over the course of the series, Tru will be in a constant struggle to understand this unique gift she has been given while trying to balance it with her desire to live the life of a normal twenty-two year-old woman. Tru's natural intuitiveness and resourcefulness will be put to the test as she constantly sacrifices precious moments of her own life to save the lives of others.

darylbeth
Old 09-22-2003, 04:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Sounds like it is going to be a very cool show!
Old 09-22-2003, 05:01 PM
Master Fan

I can't wait to see her in this show. It looks so great!

It's a Sarkney thing, you wouldn't understand...
Old 09-22-2003, 05:04 PM
Master Fan

I cant wait either. Tru sounds like an interesting character, so complex, yet shes simple. I can't wait til everything unfolds.

darylbeth
Old 09-22-2003, 06:02 PM
Master Fan

I think the thing that intriques me the most about Eliza being in the role of Tru is that she's no longer playing the quote, unquote "bad girl." In Buffy and a good majority of her movies, Eliza was the misfit, the bad girl ... the villain.

It was nice to see her play a toned down "tough" girl in Wrong Turn, and it'll be interesting to see it here as well.
You used to say everything's alright, but it's not
And that's something you're too blind to see.
Old 09-22-2003, 06:06 PM
Master Fan

I saw the preview when I was watching last weeks O.C. it gave me goosebumps and I was actually looking much like this ---> [img]smilies/jaw_drop.gif[/img] by the time it was over

What is going to be so great is, now O.C. will come back on Thursdays so they will be on the same night, just not sure which will be first in the line up.

It's a Sarkney thing, you wouldn't understand...
Old 09-22-2003, 07:02 PM
Master Fan

Well TC will be on at 8/7c.. don't know what time OC is on tho [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

I agree Mariachica, its going to be good to see ED in a different role, hopefully potentially opening up some broader roles for her [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2003, 09:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Are you sure, gloz? I'm pretty sure(almost 100%)that OC is going to be on at 8p.m., and then Tru Calling is on after at 9.
Old 09-22-2003, 09:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

I checked earlier and Tru Calling will be on at 8p.m and The O.C will be on at 9p.m Thursday nights [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].
Old 09-22-2003, 09:43 PM
Master Fan

Well I'm just going by what I've read on random websites.. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2003, 10:20 PM
Master Fan

I don't care what time it comes on Thursdays, just so long as it comes on.

Although, I do believe putting the OC in before it might be a smarter idea, what with that time slot fighting against Friends. I guess we'll see what happens though.
You used to say everything's alright, but it's not
And that's something you're too blind to see.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by gloz:
<STRONG>Well I'm just going by what I've read on random websites.. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I'm going by what I read on Fox.com
Old 09-22-2003, 11:06 PM
Master Fan

well im glad its on at 8, b/c theres nothin i watch on thursdays at 8, but 9...theres where i have the problem...darn ppl puttin oc the same hour as csi [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

darylbeth
Old 09-22-2003, 11:06 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Mariachica:
<STRONG>Although, I do believe putting the OC in before it might be a smarter idea, what with that time slot fighting against Friends. I guess we'll see what happens though.</STRONG>

I think it was a really bad idea to have TC on the same time as Friends on it's final season. It's going to have some tough competition.

I'm watching Tru Calling.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by * Cordelia *:
<STRONG>well im glad its on at 8, b/c theres nothin i watch on thursdays at 8, but 9...theres where i have the problem...darn ppl puttin oc the same hour as csi [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] </STRONG>
And Will and Grace [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]. I loath Fox.