Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2020, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The Romantics [NH+2] #1259: "That was the moment I fell in love with her, this girl who could see past all the mistakes I’ve made."

Nathan Scott was known for getting what he wanted. Anything he wanted. He had the looks, the athletic talent, the family name, the money, the popularity, the influence. He wasn’t afraid to use it. What more was there? But, he wasn’t fulfilled. Haley James was known for being unknown. She was the uniquely quirky intelligent bookworm, with no status, no major popularity, and seemingly no outward special talents. She had an upbringing and lifestyle that in no way paralleled Nathan’s. She lived life playing by the rules, and defining excellence by said rules. Yet, she wasn’t fulfilled.

All of that would change when the boy who always gets what he wants entered the girl’s orbit. He saw the diamond in the rough. He dared her to move. He dared her to take risks, dream big, think outside of the box. He dared her to share her big heart, hidden talents, and incredible beauty with the world. She believed the boy, she learned to do so, and the world didn’t end. Just the opposite, life truly began. Likewise, she dared him to move. She dared him to believe, just believe. She dared him to believe in himself, believe in his worth, believe in his goodness, believe in his infinite potential, believe he was more than good enough. He believed the girl, he learned to do so, and the world didn’t end. Just the opposite. True love… Always and forever was born.
Always and forever has seen the highest highs and the lowest lows. Together, these high school sweethearts have set the world ablaze. They haven’t always been perfect, they've lost some battles, they’ve made mistakes, and they’ve failed, but they’ve found that true love is a place where forgiveness is right where you fell, and redemption has stories to tell. They’ve grown as individuals, and in their relationship. They’ve shared shed tears, they’ve shared laughter, they’ve shared loss and anguish, they’ve shared dreams coming true, and they’ve shared starting a family. The bad and the ugly that comes with the good? It’s all been worth it, it’s been everything, because these two know that without each other, without their love, nothing else matters.

What happens next? Who knows, but we know this: True love is timeless. True love triumphs. True love stares odds down and defies them. True love believes that the sky is the limit and all things are possible. True love is… Always and Forever. We’re betting on Nathan and Haley. Always and Forever.

» romantics
001 – 485

their love is
m e m o r i e s

» testimonials

» fiction
Undo Me
by Dawn
"I'll get that." Her breath hitched in her throat when she heard his voice, her body tingled with his presence. The hand she knew as well as her own stretching past her to pay for her coffee only giving her the confirmation she didn't need as to who was stood behind her. She stood aside while he ordered his own drink. Neither said a word, neither needed to. He pushed her lightly by the small of her back across the small cafe to a window table that she was sure hadn't been free of holiday shoppers seconds before. He probably had someone move. It was something that she'd always claimed had infuriated her; his unapologetic belief that he was slightly better than everyone else, that he deserved more. It had never annoyed her half as much as she'd let on – maybe because to her he was better. He did deserve more.

It wasn't until they were seated that she allowed herself to look at him for the first time. He no longer gave off the air of a cocky boy; he was clearly a man now. It surprised her and she wasn't sure why. Despite having spent hours watching video footage of his games through college – much to the chagrin of her roommates who never received an answer when they asked why - in her mind she still pictured his face the way she'd loved it most. Lying next to her in bed sleeping, his eyes flickering behind his eyelids as he dreamed of her, or at least that's what she used to tell herself as she lay studying his strong features. Often reaching out with her fingers tracing them over so much that there were times even now she swore she could feel them on her fingertips.

"How've you been Hales?" He asked, and she shivered despite the warmth of the people filled room and her heavy winter coat. She still wasn't sure this was happening. Maybe she was dreaming? Yeah, that was it. She'd overheated in the toy store when she'd been shouting at the smug stock boy who, although she'd tried not admit to herself, reminded her of him, and she was actually out cold on the sweaty floor of Toys R Us. Her shopping scattered around her. It certainly wouldn't be the first time her subconscious had played this meeting out.

"Still preferring Haley-land to real the world I see?" He joked bringing her out of her thoughts and she felt a deep blush take over her cheeks, she lifted her cup to her lips in an attempt to hide it. He noticed though, his self assured smirk only causing it to deepen still. She tried to recall the last time she'd blushed like this and her mind flashed with images of their younger selves. It wasn't likely, she knew, that it truly was the case that it had been that long, but as had always been the way in his presence she could only think of him.

"I've been good," She answered finally and he nodded in response, a ghost of a smile playing at his lips. "..and from what I read so have you."

"I've been lucky." He answered with a self deprecating shrug that she couldn't help but laugh at.

"You, Nathan Scott, never needed luck. You were too damn stubborn not to achieve whatever you set your mind too."

"You say stubborn, others have more choice words."

"Others don't know you like I do." She spoke the words before she had a chance to think about them. It had been five years since they'd spoken, six since they'd been them. Did she know him now? She'd like to think she knew his core. That she knew the essence of who he was so well that despite the years, and what may of happen to changed him, she still knew what made him, him, the way she knew he still knew what made her, her.

She cursed herself as the words hung between them. Their eyes locked on each other, the air thick with so many unsaid things. Silence had never been uncomfortable for them. She'd never felt quite as at home as when lying in his arms just listening to their breathing settle into a rhythm, not knowing where one ended and the other began. Moments later he nodded softly, so small a movement that if she hadn't been looking she'd of missed it.

» best moments

Old 07-26-2020, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

» art
by Catch

» vows

» family

1,000th thread
Previous thread
Old 07-26-2020, 07:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Yes! Great quote!!!!! Hi!
Old 07-26-2020, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I thought so too
Old 07-27-2020, 01:44 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT! I love the title too.

BTW, very interesting conversation in the last thread! Good points were made about our actresses, I admit... I admit it's probably why I could never really follow them very closely. I saw a long time ago that they're just normal human beings, with many faults, and that there are other, more smart, people worth reading. To be honest, for me it's not worth wasting time with reading and listening to every little thing they say. Because - it happens to me a lot actually - I'm sitting here and just think "wow, okay okay... but seriously, girl?"

I remember the times when Joy was such a conservative. And now... I assume her former beliefs were what they were because of her exhusband.

I do wonder though, what happened to that other woman from Sophia's Chicago PD show? What was the deal? I haven't heard about it at all.

Last edited by For You to Notice...; 07-27-2020 at 01:49 AM
Old 07-27-2020, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, it's definitely best not to let yourself get too invested. Then they can't let you down when they inevitably screw up.

Sophia's stans relentlessly attacked her every time she shared anything on social media, to a point where other CPD cast members (mainly Laroyce Hawkins) stepped in and said something about it. They basically keep trying to bully her into quitting to a point where every time she posts something (which is kind of rare now) or her character is posted on official accounts, Laroyce comments #StayUpton.

tftnt

Leigh Tumblr
Old 07-27-2020, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

No problem guys
Old 07-27-2020, 02:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by For You to Notice... (View Post)
TFTNT! I love the title too.

BTW, very interesting conversation in the last thread! Good points were made about our actresses, I admit... I admit it's probably why I could never really follow them very closely. I saw a long time ago that they're just normal human beings, with many faults, and that there are other, more smart, people worth reading. To be honest, for me it's not worth wasting time with reading and listening to every little thing they say. Because - it happens to me a lot actually - I'm sitting here and just think "wow, okay okay... but seriously, girl?"

I remember the times when Joy was such a conservative. And now... I assume her former beliefs were what they were because of her exhusband.

I do wonder though, what happened to that other woman from Sophia's Chicago PD show? What was the deal? I haven't heard about it at all.
Yeah, Leigh is a good conversationalist.

RE: Joy, she was always conservative. She grew up Pentecostal and she kind of fetishizes vintage, 1950s Housewife in a way that people fetishize the Salem Witch Trials when they pose in front of monuments. I remember her saying something before she married Michael, I think it was an old quote I read, from before OTH, or maybe at the very beginning, where she said if she got married and her husband asked her to give up her work and follow him, she'd do it.

It's always kind of bugged me about Joy. Not so much her traditional side, but the whole vintage, my life should be like a 1950s Housewife. Even though the most privileged of housewives had a tough time with abuse, oppression, not to mention family planning. If you've ever read On The Pill, you'll know those demanding birth control when it was first invented were middle-class housewives, who begged companies to send them samples because they couldn't take care of any more kids and their husbands wouldn't stop wanting to sleep with them, and they had to listen to their husbands.

Sophia definitely has a privileged outlook on trauma, but Joy, has a privileged outlook on life.

She was always conservative, which is why now, her sort of way of preaching and kind of self-righteousness hasn't gone away.

She's like done a 180, well, almost, Biden is a more conservative democrat, the crime bill (three strikes, mandatory minimums) was called the Biden Bill.

Honestly, Joy I would say is the most celebrity out of all celebrity. Name changes, tone-deaf about so many things.

Sophia is a close second.

Hilarie is a rarity as Leigh said. I've never found anything that I disliked about her, not that I was actively looking.

Re: investing in celebrities. Honestly, I follow them on twitter and instagram, but I'm not about to name my future kid Joy or Sophia. It's honestly, they talk about it all the time. For months, Joy was preaching Biden and saying all the Democrats should jump on his ticket, and avoid a revolution, which according to her "we don't need right now".

Sophia, almost any chance she gets, when she interviews someone or is interviewed, she'll avoid talking about the trauma she actually faced on TV sets, and talk about trauma she faces by osmosis, like with trying to fix people. I listen to WIP podcast, because she does have great recommendations for companies, the ones who sponsor her, and also she has a lot of important people on, and she is a good conversationalist. She brings up great points. The issue with Sophia is part of those points are how she suffers so much as an empath. It's like you're not the only one who cries when you're saddened. I mean, given the state of our country is not caring for anyone but ourselves, it's good that Sophia thinks like that. But, she's not as private as she makes herself out to be. The jabs at Chad happen all the time. I told Leigh, I don't even like Chad. I'm not a fan of his acting, and he, has yet to impress me as a person. But, he's moved on. He's got a family. He's got a wife. And Sophia brings up Chad even when people don't bring him up. Like with Glennon Doyle on her podcast. Glennon was talking about this box she was forced into from a very young age, going to Sunday school, and how she felt so sickened she developed an addiction and an ED. Sophia compared Glennon's trauma to her wanting to fix people, like relationships with bad guys. Oh, brother.

She says this frequently.

As Joy frequently makes tone-deaf comments about grammar or politics, without acknowledging the downright xenophobic and nationalist things she's said before, to say nothing of her constant misuse of a comma, and the fact that social media is a free-rein territory of colloquialisms and acronyms and people of whom English is not their first or second language.

Not to mention, I think she blogged about yelling at other people's kids a couple times.

Celebrities, I feel, often want to feel validated for their privilege.

So, it's not really paying attention to the little things. It's paying attention to what they are saying, all the time.

Thanks for the new thread! I'm going to write it out. Still working on those acronyms, speaking of.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 07-27-2020, 02:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh, my god! That's so true. I've had such a bad complex when it comes to that. Damn you, Naley.

P.S.: James' smirk in the second one from the top left, is like SWOON!!!!
Old 07-27-2020, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Re: investing in celebrities. Honestly, I follow them on twitter and instagram, but I'm not about to name my future kid Joy or Sophia. It's honestly, they talk about it all the time. For months, Joy was preaching Biden and saying all the Democrats should jump on his ticket, and avoid a revolution, which according to her "we don't need right now".
It's just really weird. It's one thing if you like the name, but specifically because of a celebrity is weird, and potentially embarrassing for the kid in the future.

Quote:
Sophia, almost any chance she gets, when she interviews someone or is interviewed, she'll avoid talking about the trauma she actually faced on TV sets, and talk about trauma she faces by osmosis, like with trying to fix people. I listen to WIP podcast, because she does have great recommendations for companies, the ones who sponsor her, and also she has a lot of important people on, and she is a good conversationalist. She brings up great points. The issue with Sophia is part of those points are how she suffers so much as an empath. It's like you're not the only one who cries when you're saddened. I mean, given the state of our country is not caring for anyone but ourselves, it's good that Sophia thinks like that. But, she's not as private as she makes herself out to be. The jabs at Chad happen all the time. I told Leigh, I don't even like Chad. I'm not a fan of his acting, and he, has yet to impress me as a person. But, he's moved on. He's got a family. He's got a wife. And Sophia brings up Chad even when people don't bring him up. Like with Glennon Doyle on her podcast. Glennon was talking about this box she was forced into from a very young age, going to Sunday school, and how she felt so sickened she developed an addiction and an ED. Sophia compared Glennon's trauma to her wanting to fix people, like relationships with bad guys. Oh, brother.
It's just so weird. You don't suffer as an empath, that's not a thing. You feel, but you do not suffer, and mimimalising a survivor's story by saying you suffer by osmosis is appalling.

Quote:
Not to mention, I think she blogged about yelling at other people's kids a couple times.
No. Just no. I do volunteer work with kids and the only time I ever raise my voice is when I need to get the attention of every single one of them.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 07-27-2020, 03:58 PM
Loyal Fan

No, you absolutely do not suffer as am empath. I don't consider it trauma. She does. I mean, if she were talking about her personal experiences, I would get that. And if you don't feel comfortable talking about your personal experience on set, then, don't talk about it, but don't feel like you have to lean into someone else's trauma.

It did minimize it, for sure.

I know, especially since you can't guarantee that celebrity will be as puritan with the law and privilege as you want her to be. For example, Alison Mack.

I'm curious. I know we were talking on the general thread about Haley pairing with someone else.

Who on the show would you have liked to see either Nathan and/or Haley date. To be honest, I think Nathan would have been great with Brooke, and this is so out of realm, but I think Haley would have been good with Jake. Even though I've never seen any discussion of that alternate pairing.
Old 07-27-2020, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's not trauma, not for her anyway.

Nathan/Brooke has been a pretty popular potential pairing here I kind of would have liked them to bring someone new in for Haley.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 07-27-2020, 04:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Right, not for her.

Someone new would have been nice, but given how they treated all new characters, made them sort of two-dimensional, starting with season 2, with Anna and Felix and then later with Quinn and Clay. Chris Keller was okay, in the end he provided us comic relief, and we all got to learn Tyler Hilton's music.

But, I don't like Chris for Haley. And among the ones who were there, I would say, Jake, because I'm sorry, I just can't picture Lucas with anyone.

Someone new would be nice. But, how that character would be written.

Ugh. Maybe I should just write some fanfiction. Haha.

I just wanted to post this hilarious scene from season 5:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOkDroD9uJE
Old 07-27-2020, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The guy wouldn't have been sticking around long term so that wouldn't have mattered all that much.

Leigh Tumblr
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top