Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2012, 09:09 AM
Extreme Fan

parts of it sound interesting but reading/seeing is always different so who knows?
i am however depressed yet again, there is no real sheldon/penny scenes. the last two seasons have lacked them alot and i am just getting really bummed over this. they were the reasons i got hooked into the show.... sigh....
i feel bad for howard too and i am starting to think if the finale for this year is a wedding it wont be theirs

OTP: Jim/Pam (the office US), Castle/Beckett (Castle), Sean/Fiona (Shameless), Henry/Jo (Forever)
Old 01-26-2012, 09:16 AM
Addicted Fan

Wow! Just reading the first scene had me laughing so hard. The image of Sheldon laughing that hard... I just can't place it in my mind... and that he's going to wet himself? I was laughing like an idiot in our school org's hang-out place and everyone's eying me oddly.

I love the S/A scenes! I was glad that Amy wasn't gushing over Sheldon being in her lab. I was on the impression some people thought she's becoming more "normal" recently. If she was excited in a romantic way, it was her chance to make advances towards Sheldon there. I guess she's still the old Amy who was able to boss a Sheldon Cooper around and show him "who's the biologist here?"
lol at Sheldon's "biologists are mean" comment. He can;t just invade someone's workspace and be very condescending. I like the apology there.

I never had a tamagotchi back when I was a kid because my parents know that I have the touch of death and most of the things I used to play with art often ending up in the trash. I was only to play with one when my sister bought one and it's been dead a lot of times lately.

And I agree with Moyra, I know it's for the sake of comedy that they tell Howard to accept whatever Bernie's throwing at him. It's just so sad, now that he turned really sweet around her.

Last edited by rubyanjel; 01-26-2012 at 09:21 AM
Old 01-26-2012, 12:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserkrules (View Post)
He's joking.
So latent insecurities express themselves through a heavily veiled joke.

I agree though

Quote:
I agree. Penny doesn't deserve the guy who is condescending toward her, continually mocks her intelligence, her career aspirations, and her choice to be sexually active.
Well, everyone knows what I think about all those things, so I have to disagree about this bit quite a lot.

Quote:
A prenuptial agreement, antenuptial agreement, or premarital agreement, commonly abbreviated to prenup or prenupt, is a contract entered into prior to marriage, civil union or any other agreement prior to the main agreement by the people intending to marry or contract with each other. The content of a prenuptial agreement can vary widely, but commonly includes provisions for division of property and spousal support in the event of divorce or breakup of marriage. They may also include terms for the forfeiture of assets as a result of divorce on the grounds of adultery; further conditions of guardianship may be included as well.

The above definition from wikipedia. It essentially means that Bernadette's personal monetary assets that she already has before marriage are protected in case her and Howard end up getting a divorce. The only assets she'll have to split with Howard are the ones they jointfully acquire during the marriage. People who have a lot of wealth tend to get one signed before going into marriage as they don't want to lose half of it if they end up getting divorced.
Thanks! n.n In Spanish we just call it "Bienes separados", good thing I wasn't far off.

Talking about Sheldon's laugh, how did it sound, Roxanne? Was it the breathy laugh or was it something different? More like Jim's laugh or...
Old 01-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm no expert but can't a prenup also protect Howard, giving him a guaranteed sum of money or property in the even they break up and it's not his fault? I mean it's not like he doesn't make a good living and I'm sure he only lives with his mom as he's probably doing it for her as much as himself for company? Probably the same reason Sheldon and Leonard still live together, and also for the comedic value. It is weird that the guys all have full time work in jobs that pay well but apart from Raj they have room mates, Penny on the other had is always struggling to get by but has never had a room mate. Could L&P move in together before seasons end?

Last edited by lancer1993; 01-26-2012 at 01:25 PM
Old 01-26-2012, 01:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

A prenup is just a contract it can cover anything, you'll see many times it covers inheritance for chiildren from a prior marraige. Property of all types including pets and their distribution at the time of a marrriage dissolution. Penalites for infidelity,
Old 01-26-2012, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thats what I'm saying, it's no necessarily a bad thing. the bad part IMO comes from the fact it's saying 'what if we divorce' which is never a good way to get married but also it's more excepted now and shouldn't be used as a road block to getting married.

Somehow I don't think Howard's with confront his pending father in-law on the topic. Although I do look forward to meeting Bernadette family.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I agree. Penny doesn't deserve the guy who is condescending toward her, continually mocks her intelligence, her career aspirations, and her choice to be sexually active.
Nice!

So true.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thank you, Roxanne!

My head is going to explode with all the Sheldon/Amy going on in this episode! I love how she can knock him down a notch and how she teaches him. He's going to learn a lot from her if they can last a while!
You know, people think you’re this weird robot man who’s so annoying all the time, and you totally are, but then it’s like that movie WALL-E at the end. You’re so full of love and you can save a plant and get fat people out of the floaty chairs…
Old 01-26-2012, 03:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the report, Roxanne.
Love the Sheldon and Amy's scenes.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:22 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the report Roxanne!
Old 01-26-2012, 07:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Well, everyone knows what I think about all those things, so I have to disagree about this bit quite a lot.
Of coarse.

Last edited by Berserkrules; 01-26-2012 at 07:49 PM
Old 01-26-2012, 08:02 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the update Roxanne! We would be totally lost without you.
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 01-26-2012, 09:43 PM
New Fan

Thanks for the taping report

Sounds like a good episode. I'm completely loving the Shamy and the fact that Penny thinks about her and Leonard getting married
Old 01-26-2012, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We already knew Penny was thinking about how NOT to marry Leonard, like 8 months pregnant. So its nice they can talk about it. Still waiting on her ILY to Leonard.

After Siri some are suggesting they need to drop the Raj's selective mutism, but how? Short of a better drug or therapy I don't see it happening.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Of coarse.
Some people are just bitter there ship isnt even a possibility. The creators have said there ship won't happen. So before someone says im being disrespectful..I'm just reinforcing what the creators have said. No hate, Just facts.

So they are coming up with crazy theories why Leonard and Penny don't work. Blows my mind. Really does. smh. Lenny has been End Game since the Pilot.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread