Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfan (View Post)
I'm very excited about Mary Cooper. If she is on the show now though, then she probably won't be around at the holidays though will she?
Aw, I didn't think about that! Probably not.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
Old 10-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Searching for the taping schedule, nothing this week?
Next taping is October 11?
Old 10-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Supreme Fan

do we know for sure its mary cooper?

☆Krys ☆
Old 10-03-2011, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Mary Cooper is brlliant. She's soo different to her son, but that what makes her relationship with him all that more funny and special.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:29 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by linux3 (View Post)
Searching for the taping schedule, nothing this week?
Next taping is October 11?
That's correct; the actors had this week off, while the writers kept working on scripts.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

A week off..... shocking
Old 10-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaxor (View Post)
That's correct; the actors had this week off, while the writers kept working on scripts.
Thank you.

OK, OK, I'm mostly answering this because it's my 100th post and I am no longer a 'New Fan'.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Yay for Mrs. Cooper!

They're often done live, but sometimes still require some pretaping for the final version... Basically, say Sheldon is at his desk on his laptop, and Amy's "apartment" (often they'll just have a background, rather than a full set) is set up elsewhere. But when the camera cuts from Sheldon to Amy during the taping, instead of having a camera directly on Amy, there's a camera focused on a laptop screen (with a black background behind it), and Amy's on the laptop. The episode, of course, shows Amy on Sheldon's laptop at his desk instead, so I'm assuming those angles are done on Monday, and then the live portion on Tuesday would be mostly to get coverage of Sheldon.

Hope that makes sense!
I think I get it! So they'll film Sheldon talking and then switch the camera to Amy on her laptop who is in front of the black background. And then after the taping they'll fix it to where she'll then be on Sheldon's laptop?
Old 10-04-2011, 01:01 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSnobgrass (View Post)
I think I get it! So they'll film Sheldon talking and then switch the camera to Amy on her laptop who is in front of the black background. And then after the taping they'll fix it to where she'll then be on Sheldon's laptop?
Well, Amy has her proper background, but the laptop itself they show her on is front of a back background. But basically, yeah.

Something else I've been thinking about... If the last episode really is the end of Leonard and Priya, then we never really saw the "two girls, no sex" the writers were talking about for Leonard. At least, he did have a plot with two girls, and the second episode was about the lack of sex, but neither of those had to do with Penny, like they'd implied.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:53 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Well, Amy has her proper background, but the laptop itself they show her on is front of a back background. But basically, yeah.

Something else I've been thinking about... If the last episode really is the end of Leonard and Priya, then we never really saw the "two girls, no sex" the writers were talking about for Leonard. At least, he did have a plot with two girls, and the second episode was about the lack of sex, but neither of those had to do with Penny, like they'd implied.
They might have been talking about Alice. Alice wanted him but Leonard chose not to have sex. Two girls (Priya and Alice) no sex.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

Your not the only one to have thought this. I actually believed it was Priya and Penny. But when Alice popped in, it clicked for me. The writers probs wanted us to believe it was Penny.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

I get that the two girls thing could be applied with Alice, which was why I mentioned he did get that plot, but from how it was reported it strongly implies they meant Penny:

Quote:
“We’re going to put Leonard in a long distance relationship with Priya," [Prady] tells TV Line, adding that Penny will still have feelings for Johnny Galecki's character, meaning he'll be faced with "two women and no sex."
In the grand scheme of things I'm just glad Priya will be gone, and I'm sure Penny's feelings will be addressed again later in the season. But I guess it's a reminder to take their statements with a grain of salt.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeh, that quote certainly applies to Penny, at least thats what we first thought. But then i thought of something else.....maybe it could still apply to Penny. As far as we know Leonard is still with Priya for the time being and maybe he will be for at least a few more episodes to come. It's possible this quote may not relate to the start of the season but something along the lines of mid/end...??? But would he stick with Priya that long??? And then again, i thing ohhhh maybe it's not applying to Penny.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Yeah, we don't know for sure if they're breaking up just yet... But between how the episode ended, and Aarti's message on facebook saying she'll be done with the show soon... it can't go on much longer.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:07 PM
Master Fan

Johnny just said that he thought it could be something like that. Two girls, no sex. He doesnt write the show so i don't think he had too much of an idea on what was going to go down with Priya and Penny.

I mean it is still true. Two girls...No sex. I guess.

Priya needs to get gone!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread