Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2011, 01:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

I can't believe they had the snowflake and that Penny kept it and that it is actually there. WOW this sounds like a brilliant episode.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

If they needed to cut something, I guess the Cheesecake Factory scene is the least essential, but it didn't feel like filler when we watched it. (Nor did the episode seem extra long at the taping, either.) Plus, it's a pretty good sized scene, and all the scenes I can remember that they've cut have been much shorter.

And it made me so happy that they brought the snowflake back! As soon as I saw Amy holding it I gasped, and then was instantly lamenting that I was there by myself and had no one to get excited with about it.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
Old 02-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaxor (View Post)
And it made me so happy that they brought the snowflake back! As soon as I saw Amy holding it I gasped, and then was instantly lamenting that I was there by myself and had no one to get excited with about it.
Don't worry Roxanne, as soon as this episode airs and/or if they show the snowflake in the promo the L/P thread will be overflowing with joy and squeels from all the fellow L/P shippers.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Master Fan

I agree Carl. I am so happy that they remembered the snowflake. How great is that , they really do want LP back, don't they??
I can't wait til this airs, I am dying to discuss this with theother LP fans who are spoiler free too1!!

Quote:
Sheldon tells Penny about how now that Leonard's dating Priya, all the guys hang out at Raj's now. I really can't remember what Penny said, but they talked a little before Sheldon's phone rang, and it's Amy on a video call. When Sheldon answers, he tells Penny to go get him the umbrella now. She sighs, and he wonders what she's exasperated about.

But then Amy basically ends up talking to Penny instead (starting with a "hi bestie!"), and Sheldon sits there and holds the phone while they talk, I think about Leonard and Priya. Sheldon eventually makes some comment about just sitting there while the hens cluck.

I know this is all really vague, but yeah, it was actually a good sized scene, so there's a lot more to it that I'm just not remembering since we just saw it once.
Thanks for the rest Roxanne, I was so confused when I read the report earlier, now it explains why Bernadette and Amy show up at Penny's
I dont' think they could cut that scene out though because it leads to LP stuff

Last edited by LostInTime; 02-09-2011 at 03:31 PM
Old 02-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

The snowflake reminded me of the "smart and beautiful" callback earlier this season; it's nice to know the writers do remember, and reference, the earlier details. (And not just with LP; I also liked the guys talking about Sheldon's loom and serapes.)
Old 02-09-2011, 03:34 PM
Master Fan

Totally agree Roxanne, all the shout outs to the great stuff that I love about the show
and I love that they had Stuart, Zac and Kripke on , I just kind of wish Leslie was there too
Old 02-09-2011, 03:37 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

I haven't been a big fan of Kripke in the past, but watching him, Zack, and Stuart sing karaoke was definitely one of the highlights of the episode for me!
Old 02-09-2011, 03:56 PM
Master Fan

I just like seeing them come back
Old 02-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
If they needed to cut something, I guess the Cheesecake Factory scene is the least essential, but it didn't feel like filler when we watched it. (Nor did the episode seem extra long at the taping, either.) Plus, it's a pretty good sized scene, and all the scenes I can remember that they've cut have been much shorter.
Quote:
Thanks for the rest Roxanne, I was so confused when I read the report earlier, now it explains why Bernadette and Amy show up at Penny's
I dont' think they could cut that scene out though because it leads to LP stuff
When it comes to writing for the screen the rule of thumb is that you are supposed to get your information and plot points across in the least amount of words possible. The two main bits of information that cheesecake factory contained is that Sheldon is annoyed because the guys are breaking tradition with spending Thursday's over at Raj's and the reinforcement that Leonard and Priya are dating and that despite her efforts Penny isn't happy about it.

Those two bits of information are contained in the previous apartment scenes and Penny's bedroom scenes respectively. You really don't need an explanation as to why Bernadette and Amy show up at Penny's apartment. That can just as easily be infered by the audience as anybody who's been paying and watching the show knows that both Bernadette and Amy know that Penny isn't happy with the way things with Leonard ended. Only the result of them going over there matters.

Granted, I'll be more than fine with the scene staying in the episode but I believe that if anything gets cut it will be that.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think they will be cutting really short parts in at least some scenes, like they did with the Love Car Displacement. Reading the tapping report and then watching the episode, I remembered the things they left out O.o

Sheldon holding the phone while watching the talk would make people like him more than they've done in these lasts episodes. I hope they don't cut that out =D

I like this more LP approach than in other episodes, it seems more subtle but very clear, and the continuity is something people have always liked, from wherever it is ;D
Old 02-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Why no one has posted in here?

I just saw the Benefactor Factor. And I have to say I enjoyed it a lot. especially the last part, it just felt like the writers used their normal interactions for the episode, and they all really seemed to enjoy acting with each other

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to double post...
Old 02-12-2011, 08:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fercita (View Post)
Why no one has posted in here?

I just saw the Benefactor Factor. And I have to say I enjoyed it a lot. especially the last part, it just felt like the writers used their normal interactions for the episode, and they all really seemed to enjoy acting with each other

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to double post...
This is the spoiler thread. Where we talk about spoilers and related issues for episodes that have not aired yet. There's an episode specific thread in the regular TBBT forum where we share our thoughts on episodes that have aired.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserkrules (View Post)
This is the spoiler thread. Where we talk about spoilers and related issues for episodes that have not aired yet. There's an episode specific thread in the regular TBBT forum where we share our thoughts on episodes that have aired.
Yeah, but I'm usually really bad at finding spoilers, and some of you guys know a lot. And I've seen them talking not necessarily about spoilers in here, though not a lot.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Fercita I believe the rule is once you post you have to wait for somebody else to post or if nobody posts after your last one you can put up a new post when 24 hours have passed between your last and new post. I hope this doesn't confuse you even more.

Your good because about 47 hours had passed between your two posts (#25 and #26).
Old 02-12-2011, 06:43 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fercita (View Post)
Yeah, but I'm usually really bad at finding spoilers, and some of you guys know a lot. And I've seen them talking not necessarily about spoilers in here, though not a lot.
When new spoilers come up they normally will get posted here pretty quickly, but I don't think there's been anything of note over the past few days. And while the discussion sometimes shifts so it's not so spoiler-centric, in general the discussions and episode reactions are over at the main forum.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread