Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2011, 09:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks again for the report Roxanne.

This really does seem like a strange episode.

Quote:
The Howard/Bernadette thing completely shocked me, although, I'll be more shocked if they actually go through with a marriage.
One can hope. That would be some real forword momentum for a change.

Last edited by Berserkrules; 03-09-2011 at 10:54 AM
Old 03-09-2011, 03:39 PM
New Fan

Pictures of BNL on set

Thanks for the report Roxanne! Sheldon and Amy are pure evil

Here are some pics of BNL on set:

Kaley with BNL: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/big_ban..._0.display.jpg

Kunal and Ed playing Ping Pong: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/big_ban...re.display.jpg

More Ping Pong: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/big_ban...ne.display.jpg

Ed vs Brian George: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/big_ban...ng.display.jpg

Seems like a really fun, relaxing set
Old 03-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

Roxanne! Thank you so much for the report, it was great as always.

I really don't know what to think about this episode, ti seemed so off and weird for me, I thought they wouldn't go that far for the Howard/Bernadette pairing, at least not yet, it's too soon I think!

The Sheldon having sex with Amy was hilarious xD

I'm disappointed in this episode's Raj, I really wouldn't have thought he was like that at all, especially with Howard, who is his best friend.

I just don't understand the motivations behind Howard, Bernadette and Raj. I found the scene with Leonard and Priya oddly intimate, I would have liked them together if Priya wasn't just a plot device, so I liked that scene for some reason, too bad the writers introduced her insecurity just to convince people she does not belong there (because I missed Penny in that last scene too).
Old 03-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

The episode felt slightly off to me too, I think just because the concept of a plot revolving around gossip could really fit on any sitcom. It wasn't until Sheldon and Amy decided to try their experiment, and were discussing the scientific ways to measure the results, that I felt they put a BBT twist on it, and even that was a bit too little too late.

I actually liked Priya in the scene with Raj when they were talking to their parents... I thought it showed their sibling dynamic more than we've seen so far.

I really don't know where they're going with the Howard/Bernadette/Raj thing... I wasn't expecting Raj's crush to be brought up again. And now that Howard and Bernadette are engaged, I have no idea where that leaves Raj. Plus I wanted more of a conclusion regarding the original rumor that Bernadette was going to break up with Howard... Was she really going to? Or was that false, too? Will that be addressed at some point?

When they were getting ready for the last group scene, the people next to me kept asking each other where Penny was, and looking for her. I thought it was fairly obvious she wasn't there because of Priya, but then remembered that episode hasn't aired yet, so they wouldn't know. But that just goes to show people expect Penny to be in those scenes, and it's off without her there.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
Old 03-09-2011, 04:53 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the report Roxanne
I get the feeling the bernadette/Howard engagement is a set up for LP
They will probably end up being best man and moh
I think Raj will either come up with a reason to not be Best Man or Howard finds out about the crush and asks Leonard and of course Penny will be MOH
anyway that is what I am thinking

The Shamy rumors were so funny and so ridiculous I can't believe they fell for them and I am sad that Penny had to miss out on the proposal because Priya was there and Leonard isn't allowed to hang around with her anymore but I love how she texted Leonard the Shamy rumor!!!!
LP must be secret buddies take that Priya
Old 03-09-2011, 05:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

I would love it if they had a secret affair, but unknown to the audience, and this is how they are, able to 'not see each other'. This could be a great season finale. Or even the wedding at the end and if something L/P happens there.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInTime (View Post)
The Shamy rumors were so funny and so ridiculous I can't believe they fell for them and I am sad that Penny had to miss out on the proposal because Priya was there and Leonard isn't allowed to hang around with her anymore but I love how she texted Leonard the Shamy rumor!!!!
LP must be secret buddies take that Priya
I loved how Leonard was the first one she texted too!
Old 03-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer27a (View Post)
I would love it if they had a secret affair, but unknown to the audience, and this is how they are, able to 'not see each other'. This could be a great season finale. Or even the wedding at the end and if something L/P happens there.
Honestly as soon as I read that she said yes I said to myself. They are setting up something for LP with this
Old 03-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInTime (View Post)
Honestly as soon as I read that she said yes I said to myself. They are setting up something for LP with this
I don't think that thought crossed my mind at all, but I really hope you're right.

I was thinking a few days ago how The Wheaton Recurrence was the 5th to last episode last season, and basically set up the arc for the rest of the season, and was wondering if there'd be anything major in 4x20 (the 5th to last for this season) to build on until the finale... I wonder if this engagement is it?
Old 03-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaxor (View Post)
I don't think that thought crossed my mind at all, but I really hope you're right.

I was thinking a few days ago how The Wheaton Recurrence was the 5th to last episode last season, and basically set up the arc for the rest of the season, and was wondering if there'd be anything major in 4x20 (the 5th to last for this season) to build on until the finale... I wonder if this engagement is it?
that could be, I just can't shake an LP story coming from this suddent engagement.

Quote:
I loved how Leonard was the first one she texted too!
That is probably how they have to communicate now
Old 03-09-2011, 09:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

Now that I read the comments I can't stop but think that even the engagement is a plot device for LP. Maybe even Shamy is a plot device, they are pretty much taking the almost seldom Shenny scenes and focusing on other things (was I the only one who thought Sheldon was feeling something else for Amy when they went to the book signing/conference/demonstration? He seemed curious about something that happened there instead of the gossip itself when he was with Leonard telling him about it all)

Or I'm opening myself to suggestion, but I wouldn't let it pass that the writers are trying to do everything to accommodate the self-insertion pairing that way T.T

I'm probably just been paranoid, but I can't understand why they would make Howard propose to Bernadette but for LP reasons (which is awful, the reasons I mean...)

Was I the only one angry at Bernadette? I was always thinking "Oh, don't you dare break up with Howard, you witch!"

O.o
Old 03-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fercita (View Post)
Maybe even Shamy is a plot device, they are pretty much taking the almost seldom Shenny scenes and focusing on other things (was I the only one who thought Sheldon was feeling something else for Amy when they went to the book signing/conference/demonstration? He seemed curious about something that happened there instead of the gossip itself when he was with Leonard telling him about it all)
I think Sheldon cared more about the gossip than he'd probably want to admit; at the least he wanted to share it. How he at first said he wouldn't tell Leonard what it was, but then quickly gave in, was similar to how he wasn't going to say which friends he invited over, but then said anyway even though Leonard didn't care in The Toast Derivation.

Quote:
Was I the only one angry at Bernadette? I was always thinking "Oh, don't you dare break up with Howard, you witch!"
I was surprised by the gossip, but I think I was never angry because we never saw or heard it directly from her. And when she was asking Raj if Howard was with him at the restaurant, she didn't seem at all like there was anything wrong.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I think Sheldon cared more about the gossip than he'd probably want to admit; at the least he wanted to share it. How he at first said he wouldn't tell Leonard what it was, but then quickly gave in, was similar to how he wasn't going to say which friends he invited over, but then said anyway even though Leonard didn't care in The Toast Derivation.

I was surprised by the gossip, but I think I was never angry because we never saw or heard it directly from her. And when she was asking Raj if Howard was with him at the restaurant, she didn't seem at all like there was anything wrong.
It's just, you wrote it like he was curious about something else, I don't think he would care so much about denying something so obvious, he didn't care enough to pretend he was not gossiping, and Leonard kind of asked him any way. Maybe I'll have to read it again (I think I didn't read it right), or wait for the actual episode

Well, Penny said Bernadette told her, or am I mistaken?, that's why I thought that was true.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:46 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
It's just, you wrote it like he was curious about something else, I don't think he would care so much about denying something so obvious, he didn't care enough to pretend he was not gossiping, and Leonard kind of asked him any way. Maybe I'll have to read it again (I think I didn't read it right), or wait for the actual episode

Well, Penny said Bernadette told her, or am I mistaken?, that's why I thought that was true.
It might not have come across right when I wrote it... Usually I don't go into too much detail about how the characters say the lines, unless it really matters, but even then it can be hard to describe sometimes.

And I think we're supposed to assume that Penny heard from Bernadette, but I don't remember that ever being specifically addressed. And even if it's based on something Bernadette said, maybe Penny misunderstood, or made a bigger deal out of it than it was. I just think it's strange that Bernadette would really be seriously thinking of dumping Howard, but would then enthusiastically accept his proposal.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:20 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
And I think we're supposed to assume that Penny heard from Bernadette, but I don't remember that ever being specifically addressed. And even if it's based on something Bernadette said, maybe Penny misunderstood, or made a bigger deal out of it than it was. I just think it's strange that Bernadette would really be seriously thinking of dumping Howard, but would then enthusiastically accept his proposal.
I think that Penny may have misunderstood Bernadette about breaking up with Howard. In the Toast Deviation A/B/P go to a bar for Penny. Bernadette making the comment about finding the best looking guy and having your way with him was more of a fantasy than her saying she was unsatisfied being with Howard. In The Prestidigitation Approximation episode Penny is going to the movies with Howard and Bernadette but that's all the show discusses about the H/B storyline. In The Zarnecki Incursion, again no mention of the H/B storyline but Howard seems to be in a good mood during the episode and Bernadette makes no mention of being dissatisfied with Howard even when Penny was ranting about Leonard being with Priya (normally when someone is dissatisfied about somethin they will bring it up in a discussion when someone else is talking about there problems). Finally, In The Herb Garden Germination episode, again from what Howard said in the Cafeteria Scene, he is in a good mood. From what you said Roxanne Bernadette did not appear to be happy or relieved that Howard wasn't there with Raj.

Since The Cohabitation Formulation episode there really has been nothing about the H/B storyline other than what I mentioned above. The Herb Garden Episode is the first one in the last 4 episodes to actually discuss this. Bernadette telling or hinting to Penny that she wanted to break up with Howard probably came in a moment of anger with how The Cohabitation Formulation episode ended. In The Prestidigitation Approximation episode H/B are still together so Bernadette seems to have gotten over what happened.

It seems to me that Penny's gossip about Bernadette wanting to break up with Howard played more into the gossip storyline that the writers were going with. We have 4 episodes left for this season. Maybe within these episodes all or our questions will be answered. Myself, I just don't see Howard getting married now.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread