Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Loyal Fan

I really hope it gets better. It sounds like there were a couple of funny parts, but overall, I feel like I'm just going to be disappointed with the episode.

Follow my blog at wordpress!

Icon by omgsuzanne
Old 08-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Considering I disliked more episodes last season than I liked, this one sounds pretty good to me - the Howard plot sounds really stupid though. It seemed funny in the opening scene, but of course they have to go the dirty route, and blah.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Don't think for one second that he has any real say in the matter at all.
I don't think anyone said that. We don't have any say either, so we get protective and we get angry/frustrated when things don't go the way we want them to. For Johnny to actually have to portray something he doesn't want...well, I would feel bad for him, too.

I've really, really, really loved all three seasons of this show...I really hope that 4.01 just happens to be one of the few each season I don't like.

Appealing to the masses is crap. We made the show what it is, in a way. We loved it, supported it, and all that. Now that other TAAHM watchers and all that decide to tune in AFTER BBT made it through the strike and got a PCA and all that doesn't mean that they need to cater to them. The show was great before them and it's got potential to stay great.

As for addressing the LP stuff...well, I guess that's a way to address a normal breakup, but since Penny's part of the cast I think they should have at least talked, or at least not have Leonard NOT be over her after four months. Either completely say "Okay, moving on" or focus on it a little more.

That said, acknowledging a four month gap, I think it's realistic that the storyline doesn't focus on them, as much as some of us want it to.

Quote:
On another note - I really don't like what they are doing with Sheldon. One minute he is the "child", the next he is going out of his way to hang out with Penny and then he is treating her like crap and calling her a ****. His sly remarks used to be really funny - but the whole **** thing kind of crosses a line.
One minute we have sweet, genuine Shenny friendship and the next it's totally one-sided. Makes me sick. They've ruined my couple and my favorite friendship. Awesome.

I don't think I'm reading taping reports anymore-I'd prefer to have Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady disappoint me at the date and time CBS intended.

Old 08-11-2010, 02:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think this episode sounds funny, I will like this episode. I know that this episode isn't the best one for LP, especially not for Leonard, I felt little bit bad for him, but still I do think and I kinda know deep in my heart and brains that some day they will get back together. But this is just the episode one of the S4 and it takes time for LP to get to be friends again, they get there in this season, but it's little bit too awkward for now. All that happened in the last episode, there's too much awkwardness now bc of that, I might be really awkward around Leonard or Penny, too after thing like that.
I thought that Sheldon is not really real Sheldon, he's little bit changed, but he still thinks the same and it's still Sheldon, the baby thing, OMG, it was a bit shocking. I am starting to like Sheldon/Amy thing, they seem like a great couple.
I'm gonna read the reports in the future, I have read all the reports what there is. I just can't stop, I don't have self-control. It just makes me happy to read the reports, even if the episode would be "bad" and I'm never gonna stop watching TBBT, I too addicted. Too late for me

Last edited by lennylove; 08-11-2010 at 02:47 PM
Old 08-11-2010, 02:39 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

I was disappointed with how they handled LP in the episode. I would have liked to see more of what happened right after the finale, but I don't mind too much that they jumped forward.

What really bothered me what how Penny's comment about her and Leonard not being a great example, and then how the best thing Leonard could come up with was snow cones, and THEN his pathetic plea to take him back. That was just awkward.

Given the show's history, I'm not holding my breath for great character development, but I'm still glad that they're not completely sweeping everything under the rug yet either. LP may be friendly again, but there's still some awkwardness in their interactions.

I didn't care much for the Howard storyline, but it didn't ruin the episode for me. I just wish they'd done something that wasn't so obvious.

I actually loved all the Sheldon/Amy/Penny interactions. I don't know how much I'd enjoy Sheldon and Amy on their own, but Penny being there and trying to draw them into conversations was really funny.

And I never got the impression that Sheldon was being mean to Penny, at least not at all intentionally. He was more fascinated by the numbers than saying anything that would imply what meant about Penny. Amy was the one who asked Penny if she considered herself a ****, but there wasn't any ill-intent there either. The only real dig Sheldon had at Penny was his comment about finding man number 32, but that was after Penny had just ruined his plan to have a baby with Amy, so he was annoyed about that.

Oh, and the jumping ahead by 4 months was almost worth it just to see Penny's complete and utter shock when she finds out about Amy. Though I guess it's a stretch to believe that it took her 4 months to find out (maybe hinting that she and Leonard really haven't talked much), but her reaction to that news was possibly the best part of the episode, so funny!
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
Old 08-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

I agree about the LP moment at the beginning, I think they were good example, bc they were really happy together. It was sad moment, and Leonard's comment about the snow cones, that's the best and greatest moments? It WAS AWKWARD. The "take me back", it was too much for that moment, I felt that it kinda actually didn't belong in that moment.

Thanks again roxanne, it was good report. And the JK moment at the tapings, so sweet, thanks for telling and SEEING that. It makes me happy, it's good that they are fine now and are back for the bff stuff and are still close, though I don't like Kaleys current boyfriend. It just was making me sad that there was't any of closeness between them few months ago, seems like they could have had some kinda fight or arguing. Because it really seems that there had been awkwardness back then. But good that they are back being really close.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennylove (View Post)
I agree about the LP moment at the beginning, I think they were good example, bc they were really happy together. It was sad moment, and Leonard's comment about the snow cones, that's the best and greatest moments? It WAS AWKWARD. The "take me back", it was too much for that moment, I felt that it kinda actually didn't belong in that moment.
Exactly. At first I was glad that Leonard was standing up for their relationship, because they were happy when they were together, but then the writers had to ruin it with the snow cone stuff.

And you're welcome! One of my favorite things about tapings is being able to watch the cast between the takes, and I was especially curious about Johnny and Kaley given all the speculation surrounding them late last season.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
Old 08-11-2010, 04:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emdancer (View Post)
Maybe the writers do write on a shallow level - but it's a comedy - not a drama. If they bring too much LP drama in to the scripts it can take away from the funny aspect. So as long as it keeps me laughing - then the true purpose of the show is still there.
I don't hold to that because some of the best sitcoms of all times didn't skimp out on character developement the way this show does. Shows like All in the Family, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Cheers, and Frasier all thoroughly explored their characters and the comedy never suffered for it.

The big problem with the writing on this show is that it's half assed. They'll set up big isssues but then they'll never really follow through in any considerable way.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:17 PM
Passionate Fan

Well we all have to remember that this is only the first episode for season 4. I figured that they would focus the episode on Sheldon and Amy. I know some of you didn't like the Howard storyline but I guess it was nice that they focused on Howard for an episode. He and especially Raj tend to get the short end of the stick. As to the situation Howard had with the arm, that can't be the first time that an engineer did something like that. After all, Howard is a sex hound and no doubt he wishes he had a girlfriend and this was the next best thing.

As for L/P I am as big of a fan of those two as anyone. I agree with you Roxanne and I'm also glad you gave your viewing perspective of the scene because I wondered how the scene looked after I read your report. I don't like the writers continuing to make Leonard look pathetic "Please take me back". I mean they were together for most of Season 3 and for the writers to suggest the only thing that Leonard could come up with about them having fun was snow cones turning their mouths blue? From what Sheldon was describing about Penny she seems to have fallen back on old habits with relationships.

You can only do so much in a 30 minute episode, so I'm going to keep an open mind and see how the next few episodes play out. I imagine the writers will address the L/P situation in a near future episode. To my fellow L/P fans we know that things aren't go to be swell with these two early on but we just have to be patient. It won't all be gloom and doom.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
the only thing that Leonard could come up with about them having fun was snow cones turning their mouths blue?
Maybe it was the first thing he came up with that wasn't too intimate.

I hope they can be friends again like Johnny/Kaley are.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:09 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Maybe it was the first thing he came up with that wasn't too intimate.

I hope they can be friends again like Johnny/Kaley are.
...but Leonard isn't ZEN like Johnny is. Or like Sara Gilbert said "Stoic"! LOL!

And geeez I don't think things between them were as complicated as LP. I am sorry, but I still think the last episode from S3 was unnecessary. They were becoming friends again, they were able to talk. But then, they slept together and it was really horrible to watch (for me it was...LOL). Like Berserk said: the writers set up big issues, but don't follow through.
When you cannot keep your hands off your EX he or she should just move to another zipcode. OR: you two should have a REALLY good talk. And now, LP didn't have that talk, she still lives across the hall. That cannot be good. Especially when after 4 months Leonard still say: take me back.
I hope the writers are not going to take the "they are hooking up but not dating" route. That would make me very very sad.
Quote:
One minute we have sweet, genuine Shenny friendship and the next it's totally one-sided. Makes me sick. They've ruined my couple and my favorite friendship.
I agree with you on that, Nicole.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:39 PM
Passionate Fan

Well they will have taped about 5 episodes by the time the premiere is aired and then the 6th episode will be taped 5 days later, so I'm going to see where the writers are going with L/P by then.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantomette (View Post)
That part's what hurts the most.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Passionate Fan

Keep your chins up ladies. I'm sure there are better times ahead for L/P. Besides, this is the only tv show that I watch regularly and never miss so I have to keep myself optimistic. I think Penny might be a little in denial right now. We didn't get a whole lot with L/P either this episode and I know the little we did get stunk. They were in the first two scenes together and then after that the show focused on A/P/S and H/L/R.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:45 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantomette (View Post)
...but Leonard isn't ZEN like Johnny is. Or like Sara Gilbert said "Stoic"! LOL!

And geeez I don't think things between them were as complicated as LP. I am sorry, but I still think the last episode from S3 was unnecessary. They were becoming friends again, they were able to talk. But then, they slept together and it was really horrible to watch (for me it was...LOL). Like Berserk said: the writers set up big issues, but don't follow through.
When you cannot keep your hands off your EX he or she should just move to another zipcode. OR: you two should have a REALLY good talk. And now, LP didn't have that talk, she still lives across the hall. That cannot be good. Especially when after 4 months Leonard still say: take me back.
I hope the writers are not going to take the "they are hooking up but not dating" route. That would make me very very sad.

I don't it's going to be addressed at all. I think that when they put them back together it will just happen.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread