Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2010, 01:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for the report.

Color me not surprised that they skip ahead four months so they don't have to deal with fthe fallout of the season finale. L/P are friendly and back on speaking terms. Talk about lazy writing. Anybody who's been hoping for good development for the relationship should just stop, What the writers have done here is further proof that they intend to shorthand it all the way.

I also don't care for the Penny is a **** theme that the writers seem to be painting. It really feels like they're taking TAAHM script templates and inserting TBBT characters in there.

The Howard, Raj, and Leonard storyline just sounds boring to me.

Again thanks for the report.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hello,

Roxanne. Thanks for the report

Very funny (sarcasm)... We were looking forward to know what would happen with L/P relationship. Now, we see that the writers, simply, ignored this story.

I agree with Berserkrules. I guess LP fans shouldn't hope for a good Lenny storyline. With this lazy writing I think that Prady and Lorre don't show any respect to TBBT's viewers.

Definitely, I'm going to quit watching this show.

Bye

PS: "It really feels like they're taking TAAHM script templates and inserting TBBT characters in there". BTW, I hate Two and a Half Men.

Last edited by lclc; 08-11-2010 at 06:30 AM
Old 08-11-2010, 03:16 AM
Loyal Fan

Roxanne, thank you so much. You never disappoint with your detailed reports. Unfortunately I can't say the same about the writers of the show... sigh
Old 08-11-2010, 04:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
I'm planning to just read the premiere should it be posted, and hopefully, I'll have enough self control to stay away until after the episode has aired. Fighting a losing battle here...
That's what I thought. Now I am thinking "self control" is a bit optimistic. I thought I loved The Big Bang Theory, not some version of Two and a Half Men.

Old 08-11-2010, 05:14 AM
Master Fan

yes, leonard and penny crap is over
yes there are a lot of shenny scenes
Old 08-11-2010, 06:02 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by skje (View Post)
yes, leonard and penny crap is over
yes there are a lot of shenny scenes
no wait!
don't tell me you find those "Shenny" scenes adorable?
Not only are they screwing up Lenny, but I think that they are also screwing up Shenny. The whole interraction between them is not pretty. Sheldon saying Penny is kind of a ****....
...and Leonard wanting to go back with her after things were so dramatic.
I wonder why they made Leonard and Penny date, then breakup, if they didn't want to deal with the whole issue.
Dealing with things like that, maybe it would have been better for them just to be friends all along, and then make them fall in love at the end of the serie.
Or they could have done the same thing with Shenny.

Not happy.

Well, the Amy storyline looks funny, if I make abstraction of the Lenny and Shenny interractions
...and I like the storyline with Howard!

thanks a lot for your report Roxanne! glad you could go!
Old 08-11-2010, 06:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

[QUOTE=fantomette;49415896]
..".and Leonard wanting to go back with her after things were so dramatic.
I wonder why they made Leonard and Penny date, then breakup, if they didn't want to deal with the whole issue.
Dealing with things like that, maybe it would have been better for them just to be friends all along, and then make them fall in love at the end of the serie.
Or they could have done the same thing with Shenny"

Steph

I agree and they ruined Leonard too. After the break up, the writers have portrayed him as a pathetic man. Talk about TAAHM, maybe He is TBBT's Alan Harper.

Poor Johnny.

Last edited by lclc; 08-11-2010 at 06:52 AM
Old 08-11-2010, 06:33 AM
Master Fan

Shamy that is funny
Thanks Roxanne
I am going to read it more later
Hope you had fun
Old 08-11-2010, 07:26 AM
Absolute Fan

[QUOTE=lclc;49416317]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantomette (View Post)
..".and Leonard wanting to go back with her after things were so dramatic.
Or they could have done the same thing with Shenny"

Steph

I agree and they ruined Leonard too. After the break up, the writers have portrayed him as a pathetic man. Talk about TAAHM, maybe He is TBBT's Alan Harper.

Poor Johnny.
it looks a bit like Allan Harper, yes.
I hope that scene where he said he wants to date her again and then bazinga, is not "as bad" when we see it on tv. But it doesn't look good to me.

Oh but I am not saying "poor Johnny" he's working with friends, he's having fun, and TBBT has given him the liberty to do things like doing theater for free in NYC to help friends (and then, fans like ME can go see him).
Old 08-11-2010, 07:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

[QUOTE=fantomette;49417235]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lclc (View Post)

Oh but I am not saying "poor Johnny" he's working with friends, he's having fun, and TBBT has given him the liberty to do things like doing theater for free in NYC to help friends (and then, fans like ME can go see him).
Yeah,

I said it because Johnny told that He is very protective with his character

Last edited by lclc; 08-11-2010 at 07:55 AM
Old 08-11-2010, 08:00 AM
Absolute Fan

[QUOTE=lclc;49417476]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantomette (View Post)

Yeah,

I said it because Johnny told that He is very protective with his character
yes I understand.
it does hurt, that scene. It hurts a lot. That Leonard is not over her after all those months. He seemed so mad in the last epi of S3, I thought he was gonna try to move on.

Oh you would have liked to see Filthy Talk: Johnny's part was the anti-Leonard.

But back to the main topic. I'm not sure I like the whole "Penny should have Sheldon and Amy's baby" storyline.
I'm afraid it may "shock" some people. I don't know...it's a bold thing to joke about that...
Old 08-11-2010, 08:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

Well, the writer's could address the L/P issue in future episodes - I am not totally convinced that we won't see them really struggle in a friendship. The reality is that they probably only have Mayim signed up for a few episodes and have to get through that storyline. I'm not happy with the way they are just acting like everything is ok - and it really bothers me that Penny is acting like they never had anything good - but I'm willing to give the writer's the benefit of the doubt and hope we'll get more later.

On another note - I really don't like what they are doing with Sheldon. One minute he is the "child", the next he is going out of his way to hang out with Penny and then he is treating her like crap and calling her a ****. His sly remarks used to be really funny - but the whole **** thing kind of crosses a line.

I guess I wonder if that since the show is becoming more popular, the writer's thought they had to stray a little from what the show originally was to appeal to a wider audience. I wish they would take the writing back to where it was during the first 2 and the first part of last season.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Well, the writer's could address the L/P issue in future episodes - I am not totally convinced that we won't see them really struggle in a friendship. The reality is that they probably only have Mayim signed up for a few episodes and have to get through that storyline. I'm not happy with the way they are just acting like everything is ok - and it really bothers me that Penny is acting like they never had anything good - but I'm willing to give the writer's the benefit of the doubt and hope we'll get more later.

On another note - I really don't like what they are doing with Sheldon. One minute he is the "child", the next he is going out of his way to hang out with Penny and then he is treating her like crap and calling her a ****. His sly remarks used to be really funny - but the whole **** thing kind of crosses a line.

I guess I wonder if that since the show is becoming more popular, the writer's thought they had to stray a little from what the show originally was to appeal to a wider audience. I wish they would take the writing back to where it was during the first 2 and the first part of last season.
I wouldn't hold my breath. You need only look at the shows history to see the style that the writers utilize. They write on a very base and shallow level. Very littel real developement going on here. The fact that they're completely skipping over the direct fallout from what happened in the season three finale tells me that they don't really care about real character developement, so much as just doing whatever. This show clearly isn't the show that fan's orginally came to enjoy anymore. It's become a watered down, generic sitcom for the masses.

As for Johnny. He gets paid for his participation on the show and given that he really doesn't have much say in where Leonard's character goes, he has to maintain a certain level of emotional objectivity from his character so that he can be open to playing that character wherever the writers decide to take him. Don't think for one second that he has any real say in the matter at all.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sounded funny to me Most shows skip ahead four months over the summer. I don't get what they were supposed to address with LP, exactly. The slept together when Penny was drunk, but she didn't wanna sleep together when she wasn't. Pretty self explanatory to me. Thanks so much for the report.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserkrules (View Post)
I wouldn't hold my breath. You need only look at the shows history to see the style that the writers utilize. They write on a very base and shallow level. Very littel real developement going on here. The fact that they're completely skipping over the direct fallout from what happened in the season three finale tells me that they don't really care about real character developement, so much as just doing whatever. This show clearly isn't the show that fan's orginally came to enjoy anymore. It's become a watered down, generic sitcom for the masses.

As for Johnny. He gets paid for his participation on the show and given that he really doesn't have much say in where Leonard's character goes, he has to maintain a certain level of emotional objectivity from his character so that he can be open to playing that character wherever the writers decide to take him. Don't think for one second that he has any real say in the matter at all.
Maybe the writers do write on a shallow level - but it's a comedy - not a drama. If they bring too much LP drama in to the scripts it can take away from the funny aspect. So as long as it keeps me laughing - then the true purpose of the show is still there.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread