Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2016, 05:34 PM
Master Fan

The Flash Spoilers & Speculation #40: BREAKING NEWS: "From Streak to freak!"

ϟTHE FLASH ϟ

Barry Allen was just 11 years old when his mother was killed in a bizarre and terrifying incident and his father was falsely convicted of the murder. With his life changed forever by the tragedy, Barry was taken in and raised by Detective Joe West, the father of Barry’s best friend, Iris. Now, Barry has become a brilliant, driven and endearingly geeky CSI investigator, whose determination to uncover the truth about his mother’s strange death leads him to follow up on every unexplained urban legend and scientific advancement that comes along.

Barry’s latest obsession is a cutting edge particle accelerator, created by visionary physicist Harrison Wells and his STAR Labs team, who claim that this invention will bring about unimaginable advancements in power and medicine. However, something goes horribly wrong during the public unveiling, and when the devastating explosion causes a freak storm, many lives are lost and Barry is struck by lightning. After nine months in a coma, Barry awakens to find his life has changed once again – the accident has given him the power of super speed, granting him the ability to move through Central City like an unseen guardian angel.

Barry has always had the heart of a hero and now he has the legs to match, but he quickly learns that being a superhero is not as easy as it seems -- and he can’t do it alone. While Barry struggles to understand his new abilities, the people around him also have to adjust to a new reality. Joe West, Barry’s surrogate father, is coming to grips with the fact that the world of the extraordinary actually does exist. Joe thought he understood what it meant to chase criminals, but now he’s facing opponents who can do more than just rob a bank, they can control the weather. Though he knows this remarkable turn of events is Barry’s destiny, every time Barry faces danger, Joe is terrified for his surrogate son. While Joe worries about Barry, Barry worries about Joe’s daughter Iris, and how his new life as The Flash will change their relationship. Iris and Barry grew up together, and she has always believed in Barry’s conviction that unknown forces were at work the night his mother was killed. Barry has kept his romantic feelings for Iris hidden, and now feels he must protect her by keeping his new identity a secret as well. And Iris has a secret of her own -- she has been dating her father’s partner, Detective Eddie Thawne, who is such a good guy, even Barry finds it hard to hate him. Still, there is tension between Barry and Thawne, who is jealous of Iris’ newfound fascination with The Flash and is determined to unmask him. Barry realizes that keeping the secret of his new identity separates him from Iris, even as her growing obsession with uncovering the truth brings her ever closer to The Flash.

Barry has found another kind of surrogate family in the team at Harrison Wells’ S.T.A.R. Labs. Wells himself is quickly becoming a second father figure to Barry, who learned about morality and justice from Joe, and is now learning about science and technology from Wells. Wells’ ultimate agenda remains somewhat mysterious, but Barry is excited by the grander worldview that has been opened for him, and the friendship he’s building with S.T.A.R. lab team members Caitlin Snow and Cisco Ramon. For Caitlin, who lost her fiancé in the catastrophic explosion, working with Barry is providing a much- needed sense of purpose and a way to deal with her grief. Caitlin’s excitement at seeing Barry learn to use his new power is balanced by her growing concern for his safety – she and Cisco have both learned that accidents have devastating consequences. Cisco was a close friend of Caitlin’s fiancé and secretly blames himself for the tragedy. A mechanical genius who comes up with amazing gadgets that help Barry control his speed, Cisco is happy to suddenly have a new project –- and a new friend –- in Barry.

While he struggles to combine these two very different groups of people into a crime-fighting unit, Barry is still excited every day by his newfound powers. He is also shocked to discover he is not the only “meta-human” created in the wake of the accelerator explosion – and not everyone is using the new powers for good. In the months since the accident, the city has seen a sharp increase in missing people, unexplained deaths and other strange phenomena. Barry now has a renewed purpose – using his gift of speed to protect the innocent, while never giving up on his quest to solve his mother’s murder and clear his father’s name. For now, only a few close friends and associates know that Barry is literally the fastest man alive, but it won’t be long before the world learns what Barry Allen has become…The Flash.

The series stars Grant Gustin (“Glee,” “Arrow”) as Barry Allen/The Flash, Candice Patton (“The Game”) as Iris West, Rick Cosnett (“The Vampire Diaries”) as Eddie Thawne, Danielle Panabaker (“Necessary Roughness,” “Justified”) as Caitlin Snow, Carlos Valdes (“Once” on Broadway ) as Cisco Ramon, with Tom Cavanagh (“Ed,” “Eli Stone”) as Harrison Wells and Jesse L. Martin (“Law & Order”) as Detective West. THE FLASH is produced by Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (“Arrow,” “The Tomorrow People,” “Green Lantern”), Andrew Kreisberg (“Arrow,” “Eli Stone”), David Nutter (“Arrow,” “Game of Thrones”) and Sarah Schechter. The pilot was directed by David Nutter. This series is based upon characters published by DC Entertainment.

ϟ CAST

Grant Gustin as Barry Allen

Candice Patton as Iris West

Danielle Panabaker as Caitlin Snow

Carlos Valdes as Cisco Ramon

Tom Cavanagh as Harrison Wells

Jesse L. Martin as Detective West

Keiynan Lonsdale as Wally West

ϟ CREW

Greg Berlanti

Andrew Kreisberg

Gabrielle Stanton

Sarah Schechter

Official Twitter

Flash TV Writers

ϟ UPCOMING EPISODES

2.11 The Reverse Flash Returns

HE’S BACK… — When Cisco (Carlos Valdes) gets a vibe of Eobard Thawne (guest star Matthew Letscher), Barry (Grant Gustin) and the team don’t believe it. But, after an attack at Mercury Labs, Christina McGee (guest star Amanda Pays) confirms that the Reverse Flash is back. Meanwhile, Iris (Candice Patton) and Francine (guest star Vanessa A. Williams) share a nice moment that brings Iris closer to her brother, Wally (Keiynan Lonsdale). Michael Allowitz directed the episode written by Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing (#211). Original airdate 1/26/2016.

2.12 Fast Lane

WALLY FLIRTS WITH DANGER — Barry (Grant Gustin) teams up with Wells (Tom Cavanagh) to figure out a way to close the breaches, but they are distracted by a meta-human nicknamed Tar Pit (guest star Marco Grazzini) who can transform into liquid asphalt. Iris (Candice Patton) is concerned for Wally’s (Keiynan Lonsdale) safety after she finds out about his drag racing hobby. When he refuses to stop she makes a bold move that puts her in danger. Rachel Talalay directed the episode with story by Brooke Eikmeier and teleplay by Kai Yu Wu & Joe Peracchio (#212). Original airdate 2/2/2016.

2.13 Welcome to Earth-2

BARRY VISITS EARTH-2 – Barry (Grant Gustin), Wells (Tom Cavanagh) and Cisco (Carlos Valdes) journey to Earth-2 to rescue Wells’ daughter, Jesse (guest star Violett Beane) from Zoom. Barry is stunned when he runs into Earth-2 Iris (Candice Patton) and Joe (Jesse L. Martin), but nothing prepares him for meeting Killer Frost (Danielle Panabaker) and Deathstorm (guest star Robbie Amell). Meanwhile, back on Earth-1, Jay (guest star Teddy Sears) has to take over the Flash’s responsibilities when a meta-human nicknamed Geomancer (guest star Adam Stafford) attacks Central City. Millicent Shelton directed the episode written by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg and Katherine Walczak (#213). Original airdate 2/9/2016.

ϟ SET PHOTOS, CANDIDS, and VIDEOS

ϟ FUTURE THREAD TITLES
From Streak to Freak!

ϟ PAST THREADS

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25
26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | | 38
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 02-25-2016, 06:01 PM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for the new thread that title!!!

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 02-25-2016, 06:05 PM
Master Fan

You're welcome! I'm loving Scott already!!
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 02-25-2016, 06:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

Tftnt. That title

Icon by Me
Old 02-25-2016, 06:57 PM
Passionate Fan

Tfnt! Loving the title too
Old 02-25-2016, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread. Great title!
Old 02-26-2016, 04:08 AM
Master Fan

Thanks guys!
Philanthropist.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:06 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 02-27-2016, 03:03 AM
Master Fan

You're welcome
Philanthropist.

Old 02-27-2016, 04:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quotes from Candice’s podcast: Link to Podcast

Quote:
“All signs are pointing to yes for Iris and Barry.”

“For this kind of show, you have to pull out all the stops. You can’t keep things for season 3 or season 4.”

“The scene that we shot [today]… I’m close to and around the STAR Labs set, so we can assume Iris is still very much a part of the team.”

“[The Earth-2 episodes] were by far my favorite episodes to shoot to date since the pilot. …You see Westallen, something people have been waiting for forever, it’s finally happening.”

“It was nice as a women on this show to play [a part with agency] even if it was just for two episodes.”

“Iris has been right there with Barry Allen since day one, so there’s a lot of pressure and weight there.”

“I kind of like having Wally as my brother rather than my nephew.”

“The speedforce suit! When I saw it in the comics, I took a picture and sent it to Geoff Johns like, ‘can we do this?’ …I don’t necessarily need powers, but I could use a little leather.”

“I know it’s a cliché, but I just love Catwoman. Her and Poison Ivy, for sure.”

“We’re just living in a different time, where audiences don’t want to stand for a woman not being in on the secret for that long.”

“Iris is a woman that is constantly learning and evolving and making mistakes, and learning from them. …She’s most admirable as a woman who is learning to grow up.”

“I love that she’s an advocate for letting others know… She doesn’t want anyone else going through what she went through.”

John Wesley Shipp spilled that the finale was originally going to be different, but Rick Cosnett left the show for personal reasons. Candice however, says she heard nothing about that.

“I was extremely close to Rick Cosnett, and I still am to this day. …We built a family, so it’s hard to see people go.”

“All the scenes between Barry and Iris and Iris and Joe… They seem so emotionally draining, and they are, but they’re probably the easiest ones for me to shoot Especially with Jesse, we have such a rapport. I never feel unsafe with him.”

“I’m not sure what the storyline would be for Iris in Picture News, but I’m hoping we see…”

“People should stop taking jobs at Picture News. It doesn’t end well.”

“I think I know who [the Man in the Iron Suit] is, but I’m not sure how it works.”

“I’m always reading scripts, I’m interested in doing films especially independent features, but it’s difficult. I’m hoping something perfect will happen in the two and a half months we have off, and I can just explore creatively.”
(x)

Last edited by Stelena&Bamon; 02-27-2016 at 07:20 AM
Old 02-27-2016, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Why is Candice changing her tune, I wonder? She always said she wanted a slow burn for Barry/Iris and now she's saying that they can't wait until S3 or S4? Hmm. Maybe it's because of the positive reaction to the Earth 2 episodes?

Edit: Or was she talking about pulling out "all of the stops" in general terms?

And damn, she is shading the show, lol. "Nice to play a woman with agency even if it's only for 2 episodes."

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 02-27-2016, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks for the new thread (love the title!) and thanks for the Candice comments.

Candice might be changing her tune because she knows WestAllen are romantic at the end of 2 and she's fully on board.
Old 02-27-2016, 11:00 AM
Master Fan

You're welcome. Scott is already giving us the giggles

Thanks Stelena&Bamon for the link and quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by london grammar (View Post)
Why is Candice changing her tune, I wonder? She always said she wanted a slow burn for Barry/Iris and now she's saying that they can't wait until S3 or S4? Hmm. Maybe it's because of the positive reaction to the Earth 2 episodes?
I don't think it's to do with the positive reaction. Candice tends to be someone who always goes off the script. So weeks earlier she was talking about the potential of WestAllen and the unresolved feelings. It could be WestAllen is doing more than simmering but kicking it up a notch. Or like you said in your edit she's discussing the show as a whole.

Grant and Candice are similar like that they go off the narrative, not fairytales and crackships.

As for the shade...she only speaks the truth.
Philanthropist.

Old 02-27-2016, 11:08 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
As for the shade...she only speaks the truth.
This! And I love it. Problem lies with TPTB at TF and Arrow. Every week on TV there are female characters kicking butt and rocking just as hard as male characters, and people love it. Sometimes they get beat up and whatnot, but it's a learning curve for them. I don't get why with these writers it is so hard to have the women defend themselves and be involved in the action as much as the men are. Fine, you might get a few dudebro's commenting on Iris kicking the crap out a guy whilst Barry's knocked unconscious or whatever. But it's a few dudebro's, I'm sure the world will still continue to spin. I know they've cut down on it this year but still I don't need Barry to get a pep talk from someone to help him do something. Let him screw up, find the strength withhin himself to get over it and get back up. The Earth 2 eps are the first one's I've watched since the beginning of the season and I absolutely loved them. I think they're also amongst the highest rated, and certainly got people talking because they were so fun. I really do hope TPTB allow the female characters to be more involved in the action stuff as the show moves forward.
Old 02-27-2016, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

It is really interesting that the episodes where female characters are kicking ass are the highest in ratings in a long while.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread