Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Elite Fan

Degrassi S&S #29: Because we're sick of foilers, we want something legit!

welcometotheDegrassi Spoilers and Speculationsthread

banner credit goes to icygrrl02

---

Official Titles for Season 7:

701 Standing In The Dark Part 1
702 Standing In The Dark Part 2
703 Love Is A Battlefield
704 It's Tricky
705 Death Or Glory Part 1
706 Death Or Glory Part 2
707 We Got the Beat
708 Jessie's Girl
709 Hungry Eyes
710 Pass the Dutchie
711 Owner of a Lonely Heart
712 Live to Tell
713 Bust a Move Part 1
714 Bust a Move Part 2

----

General:

Linda Schuyler honoured for 'Degrassi'

Excerpt:

CTV.ca: What kinds of subjects are out there that you still want to tackle on the show?

Linda: It's funny; my writing team is very good. Brendon Yorke, who is going to be at Sprockets on Saturday, heads them up and they are good at keeping up on what's going on today.

Right now we are working on a script that involves kids fighting and posting the video on YouTube, and the kids come to hero status because of it. Well, that is a story that could have never been told in the original series, because this kind of phenomena didn't exist.

There always seems to be fresh angles coming up on how teenagers are reacting with one another and interacting with the media. Even though a lot of the themes might stay the same, the way the stories get told are so dependent on how the media interplays with this generation.

CTV.ca: How much longer do you see yourself continuing the series?

Linda: When we did the classic show, when our students going through graduated, we stopped the show. And we figured it had run it's course and felt successful, and it felt right.

This time we're being smarter. As our older gang is graduating, we are seeding the school with younger students. So we are leaving our school so that as long as the broadcasters and the audiences wanted it, we could be around for quite a while.

source

Quote:
There's a pretty detailed story from a girl who was an extra for season seven on one of Degrassi's livejournal communities. I don't want to post a link because the girl didn't want to get in trouble for sharing anything. But I will say I'm almost positve that the influx of students are the Lakehurst gang, based on pictures and her description of what she had to do.
source (livejournal.com)

Reflections from Steve Bergson- Degrassi Tribute (Sprockets Film Festival)

Excerpt:

* AIDS will be one of the themes in the new season (they were kinda cagey about revealing too much about the new season)

* Linda mentioned how the adult/teen interaction has changed, in comparison to the "original" Degrassi, in that they want to have the kids work out the problems on their own, not have the grown-ups solve it for them. At the same time, if they don't have adult-teen interaction, it leaves less for such Original Degrassi-ers as Spike, Snake and Joey to do on the show. So, they've compromised a little.

* Something they've been trying this time around is gradually introducing younger cast members so that when the "original regulars" get too old to work on the show, the "newer" regulars will be able to take their place. In this way, they hope to extend the life of the series in a way that they couldn't with DJH or DH.

source

July 20, 2007 Podcast

The-Mary: This is kind of random. But what's your favorite of Shane Kippel hair cuts?
Adamo: Shane Kippel... you know what? Shane Kippel...ugh, I can't even say this. I can't even say what I want to say. I'll give away new season information.
The-Mary: Oh no!
Adamo: But I'll just say there are some crazy hairstyles for Shane Kippel coming up this season. The hairstyles do not stop. But you know what, this is--
The-Mary: And that would be a spoiler on season 7? Does the hair like, factor into the plot?
Adamo: Yeah... you... I can't even begin...
The-Mary: Oh my god! I'm so curious!
Adamo: It's a big one. It's a big one.

source (the-n.com podcast)

Behind the scenes with Degrassi girls' 'Vervegirl' cover shoot

Excerpt:

When "Degrassi: The Next Generation" returns, expect the upcoming season to be as riveting as ever.

Dobrev, brushing her freshly coiffed dark brown curls off her shoulders, says "Degrassi always 'goes there' and it's going there again this year. Make sure you watch!"

Collins later excitedly reveals a clue when she says, "I can't say very much, but this photo shoot - it will be right up Paige's alley next season."

source

Shirley Douglas makes guest appearance on 'Degrassi: The Next Generation'

Expert:

Actress Shirley Douglas was on the set of "Degrassi: The Next Generation" for a guest appearance Thursday - although she admits she didn't know until recently that the show was still in production.

Douglas said she was surprised when she got the invitation to appear on the wildly popular teen show. "I used to watch Degrassi a long time ago, and I didn't realize they're still making it, because I don't have any children at home and I don't watch a lot of television for young people," Douglas said in an interview.

"So I was very excited when I heard they were still doing it."

The 73-year-old Toronto-based actress - who has appeared in such iconic Canadian TV shows as "Road to Avonlea," "Wind at My Back," "Robson Arms" and "Corner Gas" - has a role as head of the theatre department at a college that one of the "Degrassi" characters has applied to.

She said she thinks of "Degrassi" as a Canadian icon.

"It's exciting that this company has stayed together and kept going quite successfully," she said.

"This show has been going a long time and it runs beautifully, it just runs beautifully."

Mike Lobel, who plays Jay Hogart on the show, appears in one scene with Douglas. He said he was intimidated to meet her but immediately felt comfortable.

source

Rumors:

Following appearances by Kevin Smith and Alanis Morissette two seasons ago, the Toronto-made series Degrassi: The Next Generation is considering welcoming more celebrity guests. Sources claim Janice Dickinson is scheduled to show up in an episode next season.

source

News from the Exec:

04/23/07
Just walked back from set to my office, we are just completing the first shot of the day on the first episode of Season 7--a one-hour special (701/702) that at this time is called "Standing in the Dark". It's great to be back!

The first scene we are shooting (which is not the first scene of 701) is in university apartment where Ellie, Jesse, Paige and Alex are laughing at a romantic comedy on television, while a despondent Marco looks at his cell phone...

05/18/07
Just chatting with Shane... I think you'll like the new hairstyle Spinner gets early in this season....

05/22/07
Just walked back from set, we're on the last day of 706!!

Here's the episode summary as it stand now:
704 It's Tricky
707 We Got the Beat
708 Jessie's Girl
709 Hungry Eyes

05/25/07
I laughed when I read the "episode synposes" set out below (and apparently on imdb.com) for the first two eps: not even close!!!

06/03/07
Don't know when the Degrassi press release will come out, but this coming Monday CTV will have their annual "upfont" at which they announce everything about the forthcoming year, followed by a huge party. A lot of the Degrassi and INstant Star cast will be there. There will be an announcement of something special about the launch of Degrassi episodes this year, and I think they may also screen some excerpts from the Minis we just shot ten days ago...

06/07/07
The current CTV plan is that when Dancing With the Stars finishes its season, sometime in November, Gossip Girl (a new American show which looks like it should be a hit) will move to the 8:00pm - 9:00 Tuesday slot, and Degrassi will run 9:00 - 10:00, following Gossip Girl.

However, schedules change, and if a show that is starting in September doesn't do as well as people had hoped, it is still possible that Degrassi could start earlier in the fall...

06/30/07
701 and 702 take place in winter... it's January and everyone is returning to Degrassi after the winter break... I love the music in the snowboarding sequence...

06/30/07
We completed the soundmix for episode 701 yesterday, it is soooo good, expecially loving the music this year--and I think we're back on track wihth some excellent issue-oriented storylines! It means one episodes is complete and ready to go!!

07/23/07
And yes, Jake Epstein was in the other day, rehearsing for the episodes coming up that will be directed by Bruce Macdonald (the director who shot the very first Next Generation episodes!)

We just did the soundmix for 704--a great Jimmy and Ashley story!

07/25/07
Today we'll put the final touches on the new opening sequence. The opening establihsing shot is changed, and made slightly shorter, so the music has been edited there, and then some actors have been replaced by new actors, and the final shot of the entire cast (with the word Degrassi in front) is different, to reflect the cast changes...

07/25/07
My guess is the press release won't come out now until much closer to the broadcast... in the meantime let me give you some hints! Topics this year include rape drugs, a life-threatening illness, alcoholism and an infusion of rival school students due to a school closure. A new “queen bee” will also hit Degrassi giving Paige a run for her money. New characters include Raymond Ablack as Sav; Charlotte Arnold as Holly J; Paula Brancati as Jane; and Samantha Munro as Anya....

07/25/07
Oh, and here are some tentative episode titles:

704 It's Tricky
707 We Got the Beat
708 Jessie's Girl
709 Hungry Eyes
710 Pass the Dutchie
711 Owner of a Lonely Heart
712 Live to Tell
713 Bust a Move Part 1
714 Bust a Move Part 2

07/31/07

(in response to: Are the episodes going to be spread out through out the season or are we going to get a bunch of episodes in row focusing on one group?)
Yes, they'll be mixed together!

Season 7 Promos:

"This, changes everything." (youtube)

*Spin & Jimmy walk past Emma and Manny*

"This isn't good. They haven't forgiven. They still associate me with Lakehurst."

*pan to Lakehurst kids I'm guessing??*

"And they don't make things easier for anyone, ever."

*"WELCOME LAKEHURST STUDENTS" sign*

"This changes everything."

(Thanks to Jen aka starsprite)

Season 7 slogan: look who goes there now.

Scheduling info:

The Best Years season 1 finale and South of Nowhere mid-season finale are on September 21st. The remaining 8 episodes of SoN will return in February. The Degrassi season 7 premiere is on Oct. 5th preceding the "About a Girl" premiere. The N will run this Degrassi season in 3 installments -- first 8 episodes, middle 8 episodes, last 8 episodes. After the first 8 Degrassi episodes are completed on November 16th, "What Goes On" bows on November 30th.

source

Season 7 Summaries:

Coming soon

Yellow is for "I'm working on it."
malia tate

Last edited by lalatina15; 08-07-2007 at 04:21 PM
Old 07-15-2007, 01:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Nice job, AP. Nice job.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 07-16-2007, 06:21 AM
Elite Fan

Yo Vince, where's the news you promised us? Waiting!

If I'm missing anything up there, tell me btw.

malia tate
Old 07-16-2007, 11:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

When their going to be spoiler of the new season already ?

Last edited by SweetGirl07; 07-16-2007 at 07:20 PM
Old 07-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

Foilers? Can anyone link me to them?

Also, I was watching the-N and a commercial for the rest of the season 6 episode came up. Obviously, we've seen it already, but towards the end there's a scene with Peter sitting on the floor of a party? when a girl in a mini skirt and boots walks pass him. I didn't recognize the scene, does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Old 07-16-2007, 10:26 PM
Elite Fan

Yay, new thread. Boo, no spoilers.

icon
Old 07-16-2007, 10:29 PM
Elite Fan

I know what you are talking about, and it's just part of the promo. It's the part where we are suppose to believe that he's involved with some sort of stripping storyline or whatever. Can't remember exactly. Point is, it really has nothing to do with anything.

There are foilers on imdb.com... and new ones every once in awhile on Wiki. If I find those links, I can get them over to you. They are pretty funny some of them

malia tate
Old 07-17-2007, 08:46 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

There's a few characters (Peter, Alex, Jimmy, I think Emma) involved in those type of promos the wonderful thread starter mentioned. They're just some kind of general season promos for the N, not from actual episodes.

And here's some possible news, just what the show needed:

Quote:
Following appearances by Kevin Smith and Alanis Morissette two seasons ago, the Toronto-made series Degrassi: The Next Generation is considering welcoming more celebrity guests. Sources claim Janice Dickinson is scheduled to show up in an episode next season.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 07-17-2007, 09:36 AM
Elite Fan

Janice Dickinson! That's....interesting.

icon
Old 07-17-2007, 02:45 PM
Elite Fan

Why does Janice being on the show make me think it would be involved with Manny? I want Manny to get story lines - but I don't think I want that lady on the show.

malia tate
Old 07-17-2007, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

She would be so random!
Old 07-17-2007, 03:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

um, who is she?
Old 07-17-2007, 03:12 PM
Master Fan

nice title, yo.
..make me new
Old 07-17-2007, 03:56 PM
Passionate Fan

Janice Dickinson? Wow.

She's a former supermodel, and she used to be a judge on America's Next Top Model.

Sean&Emma {Degrassi}
Old 07-17-2007, 03:59 PM
Elite Fan

Of course nothing.

Katie, this lady.

I added the AIDS stuff up there as well as the stuff about Janice.

malia tate
Closed Thread   Post New Thread