Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2021, 08:48 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Crazy (View Post)
What’s coming up for Atwater on Chicago P.D.? –Demar
“Atwater has some powerful episodes coming up this season,” showrunner Gwen Sigan tells Inside Line. “We’ll dive once again into his relationship with Celeste, a woman he cares deeply about but who isn’t aware he’s a cop. Atwater’s lies put him in a tricky position — both morally and on the job. It’s quite a dilemma for him and also explores some deep territory Atwater’s been dealing with this season — the reasons he felt compelled to lie to Celeste, his relationship to being police, and his identity at large.” (#OneChicago returns Dec. 8.)
https://tvline.com/2021/11/23/chicag...ne-beth-jamie/
Thanks.
Old 11-24-2021, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
"CHICAGO PD"

"A WAY OUT"

ORIGINAL

12/08/2021 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Wednesday) : With the FBI closing in on the Roy Walton investigation, Voight and Halstead strategize on a way out. After a city bus driver is shot by a passenger, the team investigates a possible abduction.

TV-14
X

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 09:55 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
Thanks.
Old 12-04-2021, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
‘Chicago P.D’ 9×09 Advance Review: “A Way Out”

Chicago P.D. 9×09 “A Way Out” is a fitting midseason finale. It’s emotional, it makes you think, it does a good job of bringing storylines that the show has been developing the entire season — and some the show has been developing for longer — to some sort of a conclusion, and it ends on the highest of high notes, that absolutely leaves you begging for more.

It’s also a nerve-wracking hour, where what some characters want and what they need seems to be in direct contradiction, just as the fandom seems somewhat divided on these same questions. But in Chicago P.D. 9×09 “A Way Out” this show makes a choice of what they want to be going forward, for better or worse. What that choice entails will be left for the post-mortem. For now, here are some teases to get you (if possible) even more excited about Chicago P.D. 9×09 “A Way Out.”
  • Sometimes you get everything you want and absolutely nothing you want at the exact same time. Enter this episode.
  • Adam has a moment in this hour that will make you roll your eyes and go: “Men,” though it’s played off in an endearing way instead of an infuriating one.
  • One thing I’ll say is that the show is getting a bit better at keeping the team centered, even when they’re focusing on one or two people.
  • Some scalding hot tea is dropped this episode.
  • We’re gonna be discussing the symbolism in a few scenes for the entirety of the hiatus, and personally. I’m IN.
  • There are episodes that give you crumbs, and some that give you a whole ass meal.
  • Don’t underestimate Hailey Upton. Just …don’t.
  • Some people in this team should start asking the obvious questions, that’s all I’m saying. Family is about being nosy.
  • Never thought I’d go for black on this …particular …thing. But I’m surprisingly into it.
  • We’ve had one really good Voight and Jay scene this season. This episode gives us another one.
  • I might have found a new favorite three word sentence.
  • The final few moments might top anything else the show has done this season.
X

Fire - https://gallery.spoilertv.com/album/...nterfest.m0Uhp
Med - https://gallery.spoilertv.com/album/...gift-you.m0vVy

Leigh Tumblr
Old 12-06-2021, 09:44 AM
MST Manager

Thanks.
Old 12-08-2021, 10:15 AM
Moderator Support Team

Chicago P.D. Boss, Jesse Lee Soffer Preview Halstead's Dilemma: 'No Good Options' for Him in Fall Finale
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 03:38 PM
MST Manager

Thanks.
Old 12-09-2021, 09:10 AM
Moderator Support Team

Chicago P.D. Boss Teases 'Exciting' Burgess and Ruzek Episodes — Plus, More Atwater and Celeste Ahead
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 02:30 PM
MST Manager

Thanks.
Old 12-09-2021, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Chicago P.D. Boss, Jesse Lee Soffer and Tracy Spiridakos Shed Light on That 'Upstead' [Spoiler] in Fall Finale

TVLINE | Are there any Upstead moments to look forward to in the remaining episodes?
SIGAN |
Yes, there will be many.
SOFFER | Of course! Upton and Halstead are still partners, and they’re great partners. Obviously, we’re going to have bumps and hurdles. It remains to be seen what will happen with the marriage and relationship down the line. It might be something that gets in the way of police work, or police work might hurt the marriage and make them question things. Or it could be great, and they just belong together, and this is who they are.
SPIRIDAKOS | I’m sure they will be something! Maybe Jay can do some stuff wrong now for a little bit, and Hailey can be the voice of reason. I like that.

TVLINE | What are some of the issues Jay and Hailey face as newlyweds?
SIGAN |
The truth about them, and any relationship, is that the ring doesn’t take away any complications/issues that are already there. These two have always been complicated — very much in love but also very different people. They each have flaws of their own, and we will continue to explore them.

TVLINE | It seems like the power dynamic between Jay and Voight shifted in this episode, especially when Jay sets that new ground rule for transparency with Voight to protect Voight from himself. How would you describe their relationship in the remaining episodes of this season?
SIGAN |
I’m so excited to explore the new relationship between Jay and Voight, and Jesse and Jason [Beghe]’s performances in this episode only made it that much more exciting. We saw Jay get to a very empowered place. Through his struggle, he came out with a new understanding and a new way to work with Voight that felt acceptable in his head for the heavy cost he paid this episode. Now we’ll explore: Can that relationship work? Is Voight really willing to do that? What will it mean for both of their characters? As stated in this episode, “everyone changes everyone.” It’s going to be a fun ride to see that change play out in Halstead and Voight.
SOFFER | I do think that Jay has been through so much and learned so many lessons. He’s not a young detective anymore who makes irrational, brash decisions. He’s a seasoned veteran and a great foil to Voight’s character. Voight, who can walk in the shadows, needs somebody to pull him back. I think it was a logical next step for the two.

TVLINE | How would you describe Hailey’s relationship with Voight in the remaining episodes of this season?
SPIRIDAKOS |
I don’t know what is coming up for Voight and Hailey… but she’s never been afraid to challenge him, and I can’t imagine that changing. But their relationship has also changed in an interesting way. I guess we’ll have to wait and see!

TVLINE | Before the Roy situation, Hailey’s views on policing aligned more with Voight’s. Given everything she’s gone through since, do you think those views have shifted at all?
SPIRIDAKOS |
The way she sees Voight has shifted. As much as she respects him and sees him as family, she doesn’t hold him on a pedestal the way she used to. And I think the way she sees herself has shifted as well. She is also no longer on her own, where she didn’t consider the consequences of her actions. She has seen what those consequences look like now, and it ended up not only affecting her, but the person she loves the most in the world — Jay. This is not a place she wants to find either of them in again. I think she expects better of herself and is holding herself to a higher standard.

TVLINE | Do you think this close call with Roy will inspire Voight to make even more changes in how he does things? Why or why not?
SIGAN |
Voight’s pushed many lines in his career, but I do believe this episode puts him in a different place. He’s seen the white knight of the unit [Halstead] affected, and he’s seen the cost that Halstead was forced to pay for his actions. He also saw that cost in Upton earlier this season. There’s also the reality always hanging there, that what he did to Roy, it didn’t work. All it did was cause lots of pain. So yes, it will spark some attempts at change.

TVLINE | What are some of the struggles Jay and Hailey face in the second half of the season? What can you tease about their journeys ahead?
SOFFER |
I imagine that [Jay] and Voight are going to find this new dynamic and let it continue to evolve. It’s been growing and changing for a while now, and we’ll see how that plays out. Hopefully, Voight lets Jay in some more, and they continue to trust each other. That couple put Jay in some situations that he really doesn’t like, but maybe it also helps Voight make some decisions in a more morally sound way. I’m sure [in] the second half of the season we’ll see that different dynamic between the two of them.
SPIRIDAKOS | Hailey has a really crazy episode coming up that I am excited about. There is a very intense case, and Hailey is extremely motivated to solve it. And my stunt double Kelli [Victoria Scarangello] and I get to go into the Chicago River in January!
SIGAN | I’m incredibly excited about an upcoming Upton episode. It’s been one of the most ambitious episodes we’ve done on the show so far, especially from a production standpoint.
X

Chicago P.D.'s Tracy Spiridakos And Jesse Lee Soffer Break Down The 'Great' Change For Upstead's Big Scene, And What Comes Next

Quote:
Are we going to be getting a celebration with the rest of the unit?

Spiridakos:
I don’t think so.

Soffer: Doubtful. Outlook not so good.

Spiridakos: Yeah. They see us in the next episode both wearing rings and they put it together. I can’t remember who sees it first, if it was Voight or I think it was Atwater [LaRoyce Hawkins].

Soffer: I think it’s Ruzek [Patrick John Flueger].

Spiridakos: It was Atwater, and he’s like, “Wait, what’s happening?”

Soffer: It’s literally the next morning and we’re wearing rings.

With moving past Roy and married now, what’s their relationship like moving forward? Are they stronger than ever on and off the job?

Soffer:
I’ll be totally honest with you. We spent so much time in the first part of the season doing the Roy and North storyline that after that storyline is over, I think a lot of the storyline shifts to some of the other characters and what’s going on in their lives. Atwater has a relationship that he hasn’t been totally forthcoming in. Ruzek and Burgess [Marina Squerciati] have Makayla and they’re dealing with this interesting dynamic. So we spend a lot more time with those characters and we start building some of those storylines out and we leave the marriage to the side. I’m sure it’ll come back. Being a cop and married and in the same unit is not going to be easy. I’m sure that those things will circle back around.

Are we going to get an Upton-Burgess conversation about Roy?

Spiridakos:
I know. I really want to, and I’m not sure. We’re only on Episode 13 right now, so I’m not sure what’s coming up, but I would really love that. We had that moment in the hospital.

Soffer: There’s a lot in there. That’s a really intense dynamic to see play out, for Burgess to find out. That’s something that the writers have in their back pocket for one day if they want.

Spiridakos: So far, we haven’t seen anything yet.

How much will Jay’s decision about North weigh on him?

Soffer:
I think Jay’s a very moral character and sometimes he’s the kind of ethical backbone of the unit and this was a great storyline because it really puts that ethical framework he has to the test. He had to make a decision about what was worse. Burgess could have died. This guy was responsible, this guy’s a horrible person, he was trafficking women, he was a murderer, and what happened was an accident. Hailey convinced Voight to bring him in, and then she had to shoot him.

What Voight was doing was wrong. He held this guy against his will. He wasn’t operating within the terms of the law. But when all is said and done, who belongs in jail, who got justice? I think that Jay went with the much lesser of two evils to protect people that he loved. It is nice to see the character grow and shift and change a little and for that to also change his relationship with Voight is going to be interesting. And I think it’s going to be something that fans have wanted for a long time, so that’s very cool.

Jay acknowledges that the city needs Voight, then we got that scene near the end about telling the truth. What does he imagine that dynamic is like going forward?

Soffer: I don’t know that he imagines what it’s gonna look like. He’s saying to Voight, “Look, I respect you and I understand you. I need you to respect me and understand me too. And if you can’t do that, I’m gone. But I think now, you see you can trust me, so we need to come together.” And so we’ll see how that plays out.

Spiridakos: We do see a bit of that though coming up.

Soffer: We do. Yeah, you get some of that. We start to build that dynamic in a different way, which has been interesting and fun to play out.

Where does that leave Hailey? Her relationship with Voight had to change because of all of this.

Spiridakos:
Absolutely. She kind of had Voight on a pedestal for a long time and that’s definitely changed. The way that she views him has shifted. I think she still respects him. Like we’ve said before, the unit is a big family, but the way that she sees him has changed and I haven’t seen what’s coming up for the two of them yet. I’m interested to see how that plays out though going forward.

Speaking of family, now that Jay and Hailey are married, are we going to see their families? Will Will [Chicago Med‘s Nick Gehlfuss] find out about the wedding?

Soffer:
Jay’s family is mostly dead except for Will, so I don’t know. We have a big show and we have a lot of characters and the show is really about policing and the Intelligence Unit and we have such a big job to do week in and week out that I don’t know that we can spend time with Will patting Jay on the back about his marriage.

Spiridakos: I bet you it’ll come up. Hailey’s family, I think she has two brothers.

Soffer: I thought you were one of 11 kids or something, right?

Spiridakos: You know, I don’t actually know. [Soffer laughs] I think they’d be pretty mad or maybe they know. Maybe I’ve called them. … I imagine she would have told her mom, I think they’re close, but yeah, I would love to find out more about her family. How many siblings does Hailey have? This is a question. Does she have siblings?

What else can you tease about what’s coming up?

Spiridakos: I have a really fun one coming up. There’s a really fun case. And my stunt double Kelli and I get to go in the river — more Kelli, let’s be clear, more Kelli than I.

Soffer: Also, you should be specific that it’s the Chicago River in January.

Spiridakos: Yeah, that’s happening. Very excited about it. It’s gonna be fun. It’s gonna be freezing.
X

Chicago P.D.’s Jesse Lee Soffer Admits Upstead Marriage Will Affect Work, Reflects on ‘Intense’ Sex Scene

Leigh Tumblr
Old 12-10-2021, 10:41 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the spoilage.
Old 12-10-2021, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
‘Chicago P.D.’ Stars Break Down Hailey &Jay’s Marriage Decision: This Is ‘Closure’

Upton and Halstead have made it official. The couple got married at the end of ‘Chicago P.D.’s winter finale. HL spoke EXCLUSIVELY with Jesse Lee Soffer and Tracy Spiridakos about Jay and Hailey’s big decision.

Jay Halstead and Hailey Upton have taken the next step in their relationship. After Jay took care of the Roy Walton investigation once and for all, he returned to Hailey and said they should just get married now. And that’s exactly what they did. HollywoodLife got EXCLUSIVE scoop from Chicago P.D.’s Jesse Lee Soffer and Tracy Spiridakos regarding the surprise Upstead wedding.

“I feel like the relationship was so fractured for a little while, and this moment was a moment between them to kind of just show that we’re in this together, we can get through this together,” Tracy told HollywoodLife. “So it was like a spur of the moment, let’s just go do this right now, just for you and me to do something between the two of them. That’s kind of how I saw it.”

Jesse added, “I also think it was a closure to the whole Roy storyline, the North storyline, the FBI coming after them, and that this could be the dissolution of the unit. Voight could go down for this. Hailey could go down for this. Everybody could. And to put it all to bed, it’s like the next logical step is closure. Let’s move on. Let’s move past this. The next thing that’s in our lives is this. So it seems logical, I think, as far as the writing is concerned.”

However, don’t expect these two to take a lavish honeymoon anytime soon. “I think these two are workers. They’re on the grind,” Jesse said. “So I do think, as we were saying, it’s this logical thing of closure. This is the next step in our lives. We’re doing it. Great, it’s done. Now back to work. That’s kind of how it is.”

Before proposing to Hailey, Jay made a stop at Voight’s house. He told his mentor that things would have to change in the wake of the Roy Walton investigation and the near-takedown of the unit. Jay made Voight promise to always tell him the truth so that he doesn’t have to lie anymore.

Tracy admitted that she doesn’t know if Hailey is aware of this conversation between Jay and Voight. “I kind of feel like that’s something between Voight and Jay,” Jesse noted. “Their relationship spans 9 years, and Jay has seen Voight go to great lengths, sometimes unsavory lengths, to get the job done. I think that’s Jay saying I know who I am as a cop, and I know who you are as a cop. And I appreciate who you are. I respect you. And I think you respect me, too. Give me that respect. We’re going to do things a little differently, and we’re going to work together. I think that was a private conversation about the dynamic between the two characters.” Chicago P.D. season 9 will return with new episodes in 2022.
X

Leigh Tumblr
Old 12-13-2021, 04:21 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Thanks.
Old 12-21-2021, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
"CHICAGO PD"

"HOME SAFE"

ORIGINAL

01/05/2022 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Wednesday) : The team searches for a missing child in what turns out to be a very complicated case. Burgess and Ruzek are in for a shock when someone from Makayla’s past comes forward.

TV-14
X

Leigh Tumblr
Old 12-22-2021, 03:24 PM
MST Manager

Quote:

Thanks.