Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2012, 07:12 AM
Loyal Fan

Hola! Sorry I didn't comment yesterday but I did read both reports
My shamy heart is soooooooo happy
I cracked up when Sheldon talking penny about this "nether ney ya".
Great visual btw

I love Sheldon defending his woman. I wonder why he is afraid to loose Amy. It came out of nowhere when he started drinking his "ice tea"

As a huge Trekkie, I'm so happy to have will and levar on the show

My only problem is with all the drinking, the only way ppl reveal their feelings is by drinking. Don't get me wrong, I love a drink or two...or maybe three
But I would love to see Sheldon reveal their emotions without drinking
My rant is over.

I cannot wait for the episode!!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:26 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMY FAN (View Post)
Hola! Sorry I didn't comment yesterday but I did read both reports
My shamy heart is soooooooo happy
I cracked up when Sheldon talking penny about this "nether ney ya".
Great visual btw

I love Sheldon defending his woman. I wonder why he is afraid to loose Amy. It came out of nowhere when he started drinking his "ice tea"

As a huge Trekkie, I'm so happy to have will and levar on the show

My only problem is with all the drinking, the only way ppl reveal their feelings is by drinking. Don't get me wrong, I love a drink or two...or maybe three
But I would love to see Sheldon reveal their emotions without drinking
My rant is over.

I cannot wait for the episode!!!!
IMO Sheldon wasn't drunk yet when he was talking with Penny and saying all those things. He didn't act drunk. At the most he was on his way to being tipsy, but for the most part he was very sober during that scene. So everything he told Penny wasn't really with the aide of alcohol. And he actually SOUGHT Penny out to SPECIFICALLY talk about "girls" (i.e. Amy). Maybe he said more than he would have otherwise....or maybe not. He started talking about his worry about the situation about 1 second after he downed the liquor. Of course, on the show he's been shown to get drunk almost immediately (season 3) but as of last season, it took him a tiny bit longer (at the bachelor party) and he still very much had his wits about him (even if he was a bit more smiley).

Also, I agree, the worry that Amy would leave his did sort of come out of nowhere, but then again, I wonder if she planted that seed of worry when she threatened to leave him at their anniversary date. I think it's possible that that fear has been boiling under the surface ever since that. (and that makes me really sad actually)
Old 10-11-2012, 09:54 AM
Passionate Fan

I actually don't see that Sheldon worries about losing Amy is really out of the blue to be honest. I mean he knows that Amy wants more physical contact than he has been willing to give. I think he is starting to realize that it could be a problem in their relationship and that is what he was pondering. I also agree that her threat to leave during the anniversary date was probably where he got the epiphany that she was serious about wanting to move their relationship forward. I think Sheldon does want it to move forward too, but is deathly afraid he won't be able to do so because of his mysophobia and because of his inexperience. He is afraid to fail. Sheldon hates to fail and this failing here could be devastating. It is easier to try and keep things status quo than to put himself out there and take a risk and possibly losing.

I also think that when you start to feel vulnerable because you awaken to the fact you feel more for someone than you thought (because he stuffed those feelings down for so long, but they are bubbling to the surface now), it can make you insecure. You suddenly feel exposed and start to panic that you could lose something precious to you. I think that Sheldon is starting to have that insecurity because of his vulnerability. He has never had feelings about an individual before. He started to realize his vulnerability last season with Leonard. He realizes how important Leonard is in his life and I think he thinks of Leonard like a brother, someone he can depend on and who will be there with him through thick and thin. He showed his vulnerability and insecurity by having to create a scenario to try and get Leonard back into the apartment.

Now Sheldon is realizing how much Amy means to him. He realizes she is "wonderful" and so he is again feeling vulnerable. It does not help with the guys tease him about his mysophobia and fear of intimacy. That only feeds into his insecurity. While he knows that "on paper" he is a good catch, he is human and does know that there are other intelligent people out there that could show an interest in Amy and snatch her from him. While I think he knows Amy cares for him, she also has never really revealed to him (just her girlfriends) the depth of her feelings. She has shown him interest in more intimacy, but has never really said that she is in it for the long-haul.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Elite Fan

Well...if Anjel isn't bringing this over then I will!

http://popstyle.ew.com/2012/10/11/bi...plained-video/

Look at the pic. I love the different couples listed!

I especially get a kick out of "salt and pepper" on Sheldon's side, and "Blossom and Joey" and "Dharma and Greg" on Amy's side.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:06 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks, Rae. I just noticed the Dharma and Greg bit.

There are more promo photos for 6x05:

http://www.tv.com/shows/the-big-bang-theory/photos/

(they're quicker with the pics than the actual promos this season!)
Old 10-15-2012, 08:22 PM
Addicted Fan

Just trying to bump the thread and share lé promo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=hlf137Yv63Q

And lé sneak peek, dudes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYOhZS2cX34&feature=plcp

Last edited by rubyanjel; 10-16-2012 at 05:45 AM
Old 10-16-2012, 07:34 AM
Extreme Fan

Bump!
Old 10-16-2012, 11:18 AM
Total Fan

No taping tonight. I am going through withdrawals. Somebody hold me!

Ok, who's going to next week's taping besides Kyzzx?
While we're at it, who's going to the 10/30 taping?

Old 10-16-2012, 12:55 PM
Loyal Fan

No taping tonight Awww man
Old 10-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the latest.

Bummer on the no taping.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:37 PM
New Fan

Where are you getting all this side info?
Old 10-16-2012, 03:43 PM
Passionate Fan

It's okay, Moyra! We'll have a photo of the new script cover in the morning courtesy of Bill Prady (if he doesn't forget, haha)... and then it's only 6 days to wait.

Two tapings left this month, only two in November from what I can see on the OP. That will be them at the half way point of the season, isn't that usually where they stop for the really long Christmas/New Year hiatus? Just trying to prepare... mentally....
Old 10-16-2012, 03:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

There are 2 tapings in December. December 4 & December 11 are the dates.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:01 PM
Total Fan

Thank you June.

The OP needs to be updated. There will be two tapings in December: 12/4/12 ★ 12/11/12
Not sure when they come back in January. Last year, it was the second week of January.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:17 PM
Passionate Fan

Ah, two more to look forward to. Oh goody, oh goody, oh goody.

If it's more or less the same sort of schedule as last year, they should be back at work on the 9th of January.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread