What does ''Mamo-chan'' mean?
Old 12-27-2014, 10:23 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

His name is Mamoru. It's a nickname.
Old 12-27-2014, 10:24 PM
Ultimate Fan

It's his nickname since his name is Mamoru, though I just use their english names.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:16 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Oh. Thanks.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:42 AM
Elite Fan

What I've figured out from watching Crystal and the original is that "chan" is added to the end of someone's name that you're familiar with and/or good friends with. Then there's Mamoru calling Usagi "Usako" which I think is maybe another and/or more familiar nickname/term-of-endearment. I could be wrong, but that's what it seems like to me.

I think it was in one of the earlier episodes where Usagi adds the "chan" to one of the girl's name and then gets embarrassed and asks if it's ok for her to use it, so I figure it's not something you just toss around.
Old 12-29-2014, 04:44 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

-chan is a friendly thing.

But like Mamo-chan and Usako aremore intimate? From my knowledge of SM only. I think Usako is definitely much more intimate. So, while he doesn't really show it, he does use that term/name to show his feelings.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:23 PM
Elite Fan

Last episode of the first arc in just a couple of hours.
Old 01-03-2015, 12:11 PM
Ultimate Fan

Me towards Sailor Moon/Tuxedo and these past two episodes.

Once again, this episode, like the last did nothing for me. Wish it did but it felt like a waste of the 15 minutes of footage that we got. I feel like these past two (probably 3, coming up) could've all been condensed into 1, maybe 2 episodes and did not need to be drawn out as long as it has since nothing of importance has happened. We the saw the Inners try to fight the good fight but they get up just to get knocked right.back.down. They get to the scene of the crime? knocked down. They use Sailor Planet Attack? knocked down. They put their pens together? knocked down. Sailor Moon wakes up, she goes on about her love for "mamo-chan" then they get out and she starts to use the Silver Crystal but she isn't strong enough so Tuxedo has to give her the courage and pep talk to fight back and we end on the "battle" still not done.

I felt like they spent so much time making Metalia "move" that everything else suffered, the animation was beyond stiff in this episode, like half the scenes, no body moved, it was basically still-art.

And if the sword didn't even touch Moons/Tuxedos bodies....why did they faint? Is their love that "strong" that it just puts them straight to sleep while the world is ending? I can only think that Silver Crystal traveled 5 mins back in time and put the watch/stones on them so they would never get stabbed/scratched.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:41 AM
Elite Fan

This episode was definitely frustrating. I wasn't annoyed last ep, but this one definitely seemed like basically nothing happened.
Old 01-19-2015, 03:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey everyone, at this point I wonder why they even try to do a remake; it's a pity really because fans were really waiting for this. This part was so emotional in the original with the death of the sailors, this episode felt blah.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:02 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Haven't watched this one yet. But Ugh. Not as into it as I want to be. I hope the next arc is better. Really, I just need them to do S so I can get Haruka and H/M.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:55 PM
Elite Fan

I think the end of this arc took way too long, but I'm cautiously optimistic about this 2nd arc.
Old 01-21-2015, 03:15 PM
I am a basketball genius!

When did you want it to end?
Old 01-22-2015, 08:52 AM
Elite Fan

About 2 episodes ago. At the very least the ep before this one. that ep especially just seemed unnecessary. It was complete filler.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread