Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2003, 09:36 PM
Passionate Fan

Your Welcome, Eyes-only4-Behr. I loved Daria's voice-- she never seemed to have any inflection. It never varied. I loved the episode where she volunteered to read at the nursing home, but everyone hated the sound of her voice. So, she tried to get lessons from Brittany. Ah, those were the days. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

-- Butterflies and Hurricanes ~ Muse
Old 05-20-2003, 04:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by i'm still remembering:
Is my favorite too, what hapenned to this show???
with Tom and Trent?

The last ep was focused soley on everyone's plans for college.

Jodie: After being upset for the duration of the movie (because her father wanted her to go to one college, while she wanted to go to Turner) Mack talked to Jodie's father and she was allowed to go to Turner an all black school.

Jane: She got rejected from two of the schools that were safety's for her so she figured she shouldnt apply to the school that she wanted to. After a small compromise with Daria, she sent in her photos to the college of her choice and got accepted.

Daria: She dumped Tom; saying that they were headed in opposite directions, mentally and phsyically. And after being put on the waiting list of the school that Tom is going to, she decided to go to her second choice, Raft. Which is in the same town as Jane's school.

Quinn: Spent 600 dollars on a pair of shoes. Helen made her get a job. She started working at a resteraunt. Made friends with this college girl. The college girl turned out to have a drinking problem. And Quinn told her to get some help.

The fashion club: Sandi lost her voice after Stacy made a birthday wish, hoping Sandi would shut up. At the end, Sandi gave Stacy a list of things that she should do to make up for it, Stacy said no then afterwards said if she had to, then she'd leave the group. Everyone ended up leaving the fashion club, but said that the following day they'd make plans at Sandi's to decide what they'd do with their free time; magazines included.

Trent: After telling Jane that he thought she was a sell-out for going to college, he apologized and said that the only reason he had got mad was because he'd miss her not being home with him. He ended up going to her graduation, being the only other LANE there.

Professor Oneil: Got engaged to Ms. Barch, even though he didn't want to. DeMartino tried to help him out of it, causing Ms. Barch to give him a black eye. Then Oneil got a bit more stronger, causing Ms. Barch to find him more attractive. The wedding was called off, but they are still together.

Kevin & Brittany: Brittany was accepted to college, but Kevin was held back.

And that's the season finale of what happened.

Age-a-licious's Bootylicious Nsync Fanfiction Page
Old 05-20-2003, 06:17 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Doogie:
<STRONG>Your Welcome, Eyes-only4-Behr. I loved Daria's voice-- she never seemed to have any inflection. It never varied. I loved the episode where she volunteered to read at the nursing home, but everyone hated the sound of her voice. So, she tried to get lessons from Brittany. Ah, those were the days. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>

Yeah I remember that .. that was fuuny,, even when she was happy for some reason,, u sure can never tell, lol but that what made her chacter great [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Legolas' Arrow #68
Obssed JB fan # 15
Jason's Older Fans
Old 05-20-2003, 11:01 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Eyes-only4-Behr:
<STRONG>

Yeah I remember that .. that was fuuny,, even when she was happy for some reason,, u sure can never tell, lol but that what made her chacter great [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Yeah, her voice never changed. When she was angry, she had the same voice. When she was happy, same tone of voice. It was great. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Also, Age-a-licious thanks for that recap. I'd forgotten how the show ended. I remember thinking, at the time and really even now, that the Daria/Tom breakup came out of nowhere. I didn't think there was much build up in the previous episodes to give any sense of depth to that development. But really, I think I blame MTV more than the writers. They really should have given the producers more of a warning before they canceled the show.

-- Butterflies and Hurricanes ~ Muse
Old 05-21-2003, 09:00 PM
Passionate Fan

Age-a-licious - where did u find the recarp from,, was it on MTV?

I so wonder if they will every rerun Daria ,, or put it on dvd [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Legolas' Arrow #68
Obssed JB fan # 15
Jason's Older Fans
Old 05-23-2003, 06:12 AM
Loyal Fan

Aww, it got cancelled ? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] The thing og Daria I saw was the movie, but thanks for that recap!

- - Maroon 5 - -
Old 05-23-2003, 11:56 PM
Passionate Fan

i think its been canc for about 2 yrs,, not sure thou [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Legolas' Arrow #68
Obssed JB fan # 15
Jason's Older Fans
Old 05-24-2003, 12:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Age-a-licious - where did u find the recap from. Was it on MTV?
No. Actually, I just watched my DVD of it and recapped everything.

Sorry.

Old 05-24-2003, 12:44 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Age-a-licious:
<STRONG>

No. Actually, I just watched my DVD of it and recapped everything.

Sorry.</STRONG>
Thanks,, for taking the time to recap it all [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

On the dvd they have all the eps?
Legolas' Arrow #68
Obssed JB fan # 15
Jason's Older Fans
Old 05-24-2003, 01:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Thanks,, for taking the time to recap it all [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Don't mention it. It was my pleasure.

Quote:

On the dvd they have all the eps?
Unfortuantly no.

On the "Is it College yet?" DVD, they have the movie (of course), "Boxing Daria" (Where Daria becomes depressed after seeing the box to the refridgeratior) and "Lucky Strike" (Where the teachers go on strike and Daria teaches Quinn's class)

I'm not sure what's on the "Is it fall yet?" DVD, but I have two other vhs's of Daria.

Ones called Daria Disenfranchised. That has the ep called "Cafe Disaffecto" (The one where their local cafe gets broken into and the lawndalian students have to come up with money), "Malled" (Where the students take a field trip to the mall of millenium.), "This years model" (Where a modeling agency comes to the school, and everyone tries to become a model), and "The lab brat" (Where they have a science project due and Kevin and Daria are paired together).

The other VHS is called Daria. It has "Esteemsters" (which is the first ep of Daria, where they move into town and Jane and her have to take a self esteem class), "The invitation" (Where Brittany has a party and Jane and daria go), and "College Bored" (where Helen and Jake take Daria and Quinn to their old college and Quinn becomes frat queen.)

I hope that helped. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-24-2003, 02:20 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>

Unfortuantly no.

On the "Is it College yet?" DVD, they have the movie (of course), "Boxing Daria" (Where Daria becomes depressed after seeing the box to the refridgeratior) and "Lucky Strike" (Where the teachers go on strike and Daria teaches Quinn's class)

I'm not sure what's on the "Is it fall yet?" DVD, but I have two other vhs's of Daria.

Ones called Daria Disenfranchised. That has the ep called "Cafe Disaffecto" (The one where their local cafe gets broken into and the lawndalian students have to come up with money), "Malled" (Where the students take a field trip to the mall of millenium.), "This years model" (Where a modeling agency comes to the school, and everyone tries to become a model), and "The lab brat" (Where they have a science project due and Kevin and Daria are paired together).

The other VHS is called Daria. It has "Esteemsters" (which is the first ep of Daria, where they move into town and Jane and her have to take a self esteem class), "The invitation" (Where Brittany has a party and Jane and daria go), and "College Bored" (where Helen and Jake take Daria and Quinn to their old college and Quinn becomes frat queen.)

I hope that helped. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Yes it help alot,, an thanks for all the updated on the dvd,, I didn't know they had DVD so thing is something that i need to buy [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] do they sell it on the mtv web site? because i so miss Daria [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Legolas' Arrow #68
Obssed JB fan # 15
Jason's Older Fans
Old 05-24-2003, 02:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

do they sell it on the mtv web site?
Since Daria is not aired on MTV anymore I don't think they sell it on MTV. But you can find the DVD's and VHS's at your local store. I bought mine at Sun coast and I've seen them at the nearest FYE's.

Also, they have two Daria books, if you haven't purchased them, there's one called Daria diaries and the other is called the daria database. Their like "everything you would want to know about daria from daria". Their classics. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-24-2003, 05:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>

Since Daria is not aired on MTV anymore I don't think they sell it on MTV. But you can find the DVD's and VHS's at your local store. I bought mine at Sun coast and I've seen them at the nearest FYE's.

Also, they have two Daria books, if you haven't purchased them, there's one called Daria diaries and the other is called the daria database. Their like "everything you would want to know about daria from daria". Their classics. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Thnaks for the info,, because i went to mtv,, where they sell items and of course could not find anything [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] .... so i guess need to go to Borders,, an also check out the books [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] thanks for all ur help ,, i'm would be so lost, hehe [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Legolas' Arrow #68
Obssed JB fan # 15
Jason's Older Fans
Old 05-24-2003, 10:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

thanks for all ur help ,, i'm would be so lost, hehe [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Hey, like I said before..don't mention it. That's what I'm around for. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-25-2003, 12:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>

Hey, like I said before..don't mention it. That's what I'm around for. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
we'll good thing u don't mind leading the blind here, lol,, when some to see the light [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Legolas' Arrow #68
Obssed JB fan # 15
Jason's Older Fans
Closed Thread   Post New Thread