Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2005, 06:47 AM
Elite Fan

From Newsrama:

Quote:
Majesco, a provider of diversified offerings and content for digital entertainment platforms, today announced it will publish the video game adaptation of the popular comic book series, The Darkness, for the next generation of consoles. Scheduled for release in 2006, The Darkness is being developed by Starbreeze, the acclaimed development studio behind the top-selling video game, The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay.

Based on the best-selling Top Cow comic book, The Darkness casts players as Jackie Estacado, a fearless Mafia hitman for the Franchetti crime family who is suddenly possessed by the terrifying and spectacular powers of The Darkness. Throughout the game, players must learn to control and harness The Darkness power in order to overthrow the vicious mob boss and fulfill their destiny.

"We are excited to have secured Starbreeze, a highly talented and respected team, to develop one of our first titles for the next generation of video game consoles," said Jesse Sutton, president of Majesco. "Combining the top-tier development talent and technology of Starbreeze with the compelling content of Top Cow's The Darkness comic book series provides a solid foundation for success."

The Darkness features a seamless and unique blend of modern crime drama and supernatural horror through first and third-person, non-linear gameplay. Utilizing the Starbreeze engine for next generation consoles, The Darkness features single and online multi-player action across highly realistic environments.

Union Entertainment, a feature film and video game production company, packaged the deal which includes Paul Jenkins, a seminal writer in The Darkness comic book series, who will provide game story and dialogue.

The Darkness comic book series launched in 1996 and is currently published in 19 different languages around the world. The highly popular comic sells more than 500,000 copies of each issue and generates more than $25 million annually across its various brand extensions. "The Darkness" live action film, produced by Platinum Studios and Dimension Films, is estimated for release in 2007.

Additional information about The Darkness will be unveiled during the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) being held May 18-20 in the Los Angeles Convention Center, booth 846 in the South Hall, in Los Angeles, CA.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, Top Cow is getting into games. That's pretty cool.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:57 AM
Elite Fan

Found two interesting items at Newsrama:

Quote:

Today at Comic-Con International, the world's largest comic book convention, Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq "MSFT") and Marvel Enterprises Inc. (NYSE: MVL) announced a licensing agreement that will team the entertainment powerhouse Marvel with Microsoft's proven creative and technology success in the interactive gaming space. Under the terms of the agreement, Microsoft has obtained the exclusive rights to develop and publish massively multiplayer online games (MMOGs) featuring Marvel's iconic universe of Super Heroes(TM) for use in games developed for the Xbox 360(TM) system and published by Microsoft Game Studios.

"Marvel has created some of the most iconic and exciting characters and stories in the past century. We're thrilled to bring this universe to interactive entertainment," said Peter Moore, corporate vice president of Worldwide Marketing and Publishing for Xbox at Microsoft. "With this next generation of gaming, Marvel fans will finally have the ability to create choices with their favorite Super Heroes, villains and creatures in unbelievable detail – all with the power of Marvel's incredible vision and the Xbox(R) platform."

Marvel's stable of Super Heroes is known throughout the world and their epic stories have been forever etched into popular culture. Though originating in comic form, the Marvel myths have been a force in feature films, television shows and video games such as best-selling titles based on the Spider-Man, X-Men and Hulk franchises.

MMOGs, which enable thousands of players to interact online simultaneously, represent one of the biggest areas of growth for the multibillion-dollar interactive entertainment industry. The Marvel-based titles will be developed for the Xbox 360 console platform.

"The alliance with Microsoft catapults us into the games category in an unprecedented way. Microsoft is an acknowledged leader in the interactive game space, and backed by their technology, creative and marketing clout, Marvel will establish a strong presence in the burgeoning online gaming arena," said Tim Rothwell, worldwide president of the Consumer Media Group at Marvel Enterprises. "We are very excited to be working with Microsoft to bring our fans what we expect will be a world-class online gaming experience. We also believe online gaming will provide valuable, global exposure to our character brands."

Further details regarding Microsoft and Marvel's MMOG titles will be released in the coming months.
and

Quote:

ENNIS/PALMIOTTI PEN GHOST RIDER VIDEO GAME
According to today’s Hollywood Reporter, Majesco Entertainment is readying a video game based on Marvel Ghost Rider in summer 2006, coinciding with the Sony Pictures/Marvel Studios movie starring Nick Cage. The deal is part of a licensing agreement finalized this year between Majesco and Marvel.

U.K.-based development studio Climax is working on the new game for PlayStation 2, Xbox and PlayStation Portable platforms.

Writers Garth Ennis and Jimmy Palmiotti are writing the game's story, which will pick up after the events in the upcoming film providing and instant interactive sequel.

Members of the Climax development team reportedly went to Australia during the film shoot and spent time with Marvel’s Ari Arad.

"They came away with some great assets, both 2-D and 3-D, which have been crucial for us to most accurately re-create (director) Mark Steven Johnson's theatrical vision into a 3-D interactive video game world," Kirshen told The Hollywood Reporter.

"The Ghost Rider game offers a unique combination of high-impact combat and motorcycle action infused with supernatural elements,” Majesco Entertainment senior product manager Liz Buckley added.

Buckley also said like the recent Marvel and Activision "Fantastic Four" video game, the Ghost Rider game will utilize characters from the film and the Marvel comic universe, and that players, as Ghost Rider, will face off against such villains as Blackheart and Mephistopheles. Players will be able to ride the Hell Cycle on water and boost over jumps. The third-person perspective game also will feature such weapons as the Hellfire Chain and Hellfire Shotgun.

At this time, the game will not feature voices or likenesses from the film's cast.

Majesco also is developing a video game based on Top Cow Comics' "The Darkness" for next-generation consoles.
Old 07-16-2016, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Dragon Age: Magekiller - Dark Horse Comics
Old 07-23-2016, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 07-23-2016, 02:43 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Thanks for that news.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 08-05-2016, 02:35 PM

Anyone played Batman: Arkham Knight? I've yet to.
Old 08-06-2016, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Me to
Suicide Squad Featured in Injustice Gods Among Us
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/inju...ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Quote:
David Ayer’s Suicide Squad is getting some more exposure as the team will be featured in the Mobile version of the game Injustice Gods Among Us. This includes the tattooed up version of The Joker as played by Jared Leto
Old 08-08-2016, 05:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 08-08-2016, 02:39 PM

Harley is so cute in that banner!
Old 08-15-2016, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 08-16-2016, 02:23 PM

10 Comic Book Series That Should Get A Telltale Video Game

I'd for there to be A Hellblazer video game made & perhaps Preacher.
Old 08-17-2016, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Looks good
Old 08-19-2016, 06:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero