Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2004, 09:23 PM
Total Fan

City of Heroes looks good, I've heard rumours of a City of Villains add-on which is pretty crazy.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Activision Developing X-Men Legends Sequel
Source: Activision October 21, 2004

Based on strong consumer response to its action role playing game X-Men Legends , Activision, Inc. announced today that the company is developing a sequel based on the ever-popular Marvel franchise with Raven Software. The original game challenges players to master the attributes of their favorite X-Men by creating, customizing and controlling teams of four mutants as they embark on a quest to stop the extinction of mankind. The title is currently available worldwide for the PS2, Xbox, and GameCube.

"For 40 years Marvel's X-Men have captivated consumers worldwide and today the brand is stronger than ever," said Ron Doornink, CEO of Activision Publishing. "X-Men Legends is already on track to be the best selling game in the franchise's history."

"We are thrilled with the critical and consumer response to X-Men Legends. Marvel and Activision are committed to ensuring that the X-Men Legends series will continue to be a top notch game franchise for years to come," said Ames Kirshen, director of video game development at Marvel.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:06 PM
Elite Fan

I haven't been able to play it yet, but I hear that the Punisher game is pretty cool. My local video store hasn't gotten it for rent, and I hardly ever buy a game before I play it, so it may be a while before I have any sort of first hand knowledge.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:58 PM
New Fan

I love X-Men Legends, but I keep deleting the file so I get half-way through and then I have start all over again.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not a gamer at all. Tetris is my favorite. And I played a lot of Pac-Man when I was little (I'm showing my age).

A lot of the comic based games look amazing though. It makes me want to become a gamer.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:44 AM
Elite Fan

I found this on Newsrama

Quote:
Telltale Games has announced that it will produce a PC-based videogame on Jeff Smith’s Bone, a move which will raise the profile of the property again, following the recent release of Scholastic’s first volume of the collected Bone under it’s Graphix imprint.

According to Telltale, the game will start off in the first pages of Smith’s epic. The gaming company’s announcement reads:

Lost in the desert and dying of thirst, the Bone cousins are separated by an angry swarm of locusts. Now Fone Bone, armed only with a mysterious map and his well-loved copy of Moby Dick, searches a strange valley to try and find his lost relatives. Along the way he will come face to face with its unusual denizens and begin to be drawn into the greater intrigues that surround the valley.

Telltale Games brings you all the humor, charm and mystery of Jeff Smith's acclaimed comic book series Bone. Fans of the comic and adventure gamers alike will find a new home in the valley, as they explore familiar locations and interact with its residents in this character driven adventure.

"Detailed rich characters and incredibly immersive story telling are everything to us," said Telltale's CEO Dan Connors in a press release. "We are proud that Jeff Smith and Cartoon Books have decided that we are the best partners to bring Bone to life in a series of PC games. The Bone world has so much texture and depth and combines a unique blend of superb adventure, mystery and humor – it is a great first license for Telltale."

"We are very impressed with the work the Telltale team has done in the past. We’re confident they can bring the fun and adventure of the Bone story to life. Bone has been a big hit with comic book lovers everywhere and reaching the PC market will allow even more people to boldly go where no Bone has gone before." commented Cartoon Books' publisher, Vijaya Iyer in the same release.

No release date for the game is given.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bone would be a fun game I think.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:40 AM
Elite Fan

I think it could be a great all ages video game. I'm interested to see how it turns out.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:05 AM
Elite Fan

From Comic Book Resources: (follow the link for screen shots).

Quote:
PREVIEWING ACTIVISION'S "FANTASTIC FOUR" VIDEO GAME
by Jonah Weiland, Executive Producer
Posted: March 7, 2005
Activision has provided CBR News with screen shots from this summers "Fantastic Four" video game, set to coincide with the release of the feature film. The screen grabs can be found at the end of this article along with a fact sheet on the game provided by the publisher. "Fantastic Four" will be released this Sumemr for the Playstation 2, XBox, Game Cube and on the PC and is rated "T" for Teen (mild language and violence).

The only game based on 20th Century Fox's upcoming feature film, Fantastic Four is a team based action adventure in which players harness the Marvel superheroes' unique and amazing powers through a compelling single-player mode or two-player co-operative gameplay experience. Authored by Zak Penn, the writer of the movie X2: X-Men United, the game's storyline follows the Fantastic Four movie plot and expands the adventures by letting players stretch, control fire and use invisibility and brute force to defeat evil super-villains in new environments and familiar comic book locales. Challenged to master each super hero's individual powers and combine them to level even more devastating attacks, players must battle the never-before-seen enemies and the ultimate evil - Doctor Doom -- to save the human race from disaster.
GAME FEATURES:

Relive the movie experience and go beyond it - Re-capture the movie experience and become the Fantastic Four; follow the story and battle Doctor Doom in locations taken straight from the movie while experiencing an original story, missions and environments exclusive to the game.

Experience the Fantastic Four in an all-new way - Play as your favorite Fantastic Four team member as you assume their personas and master their individual attributes and unique powers to solve puzzles, overcome obstacles and defeat enemies.

Mr. Fantastic / Reed Richards - Use Mr. Fantastic's ability to stretch in order to attack from a distance, squeeze into tight spaces and reach places no one else can. Use his brainpower to heal characters, hack computers, over-ride security systems and take control of enemy's weapons to use against them.

Invisible Girl / Sue Storm - Play as the Invisible Girl to turn invisible and perform stealth moves with ninja like speed or use her telekinetic powers to immobilize enemies.

Human Torch/Johnny Storm - As the Human Torch, players can create walls of fire and supernova fireballs, shoot fire from their fingertips and bend flames at their will as they ward off enemies.

Thing/Ben Grimm - Use Thing's raw brute force to pick up objects or tear them apart, break through walls and obstacles and obliterate enemies.

Control the Fantastic Four together as a team - While playing as a team of one to four characters, the game lets players dynamically switch between characters during their adventures and combine super powers in order to level more devastating attacks and accomplish missions.

Share the Fantastic Four experience with friends - Play through the game with a friend in two-player co-op story mode or fight against each other head-to-head in multiple arena battles each with their own special powers and attributes.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sounds like The Incredibles game.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:56 AM
Elite Fan

That doesn't surprise me...especially since a lot of people consider The Incredibles a rip off of Fantastic Four anyway.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was being sarcastic. Yes, I agree the Incredibles was an FF ripoff, but a really well done one.
Old 03-12-2005, 09:09 AM
Elite Fan

Ah. Sarcasm. My old friend. I can't believe I didn't recognize you.

I agree. It was a well done rip-off...although I'd call it an homage. It sounds better.
Old 03-13-2005, 10:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sarcasm doesn't always work in print. I've noticed that.

These games make me want to become a gamer. The Spiderman games always look amazing. So does X-Men Legends.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:32 AM
Elite Fan

The Spiderman game is very fun. I haven't played the Xmen game because I haven't had 50 extra dollars, and the Movie Gallery here didn't get it in for rent.