Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2015, 01:39 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR_Roxy (View Post)
I haven't seen the trailer for Deadpool yet, but it's going to be rated R I heard. Surprised that a Marvel film will be rated R and wonder how it will affect ratings and the box office.
''The Punisher'' & ''Punisher: Warzone'' are Rated ''R'' & I enjoyed both of em though of course they didn't do great at the box office & weren't ''loved'' by most critics.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm not really on board with either DC or Marvel's movie universes right now. Age of Ultron left me underwhelmed, their exclusion of Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne has pretty much turned me off of watching any more of their mythology(seriously, replacing Hank and Janet with Scott Lang?), and as for Superman vs. Batman, it really doesn't make sense to call it "Dawn of Justice" if Batman is in his twilight. The Justice League is formed when Bruce Wayne was young, not in his 50's. I appreciate Zack Snyder wanting to homage Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns, but it's the wrong context. Bruce and Clark were old comrades turned adversaries in that story, not...whatever they are in that trailer. And Clark's mother telling him he owes the world nothing? Does Snyder even understand these characters at all?
Old 07-15-2015, 07:05 AM
Elite Fan

He's making them grim and gritty. He doesn't care about things like history or characterization.
Old 07-15-2015, 12:21 PM

I guess right now I'm not too excited about their films this year either. I'm excited mostly about DC & Marvel's upcoming films though mostly for next year & 2017. We'll finally get to see Black Panther on the big screen. Supposedly in ''X-Men: Apocalypse'' characters could wear their costumes.
Old 07-16-2015, 06:36 AM
Master Fan

I think I may be in the minority I am fine with the direction DC is doing. I am only really looking forward to Infinity War I & II and the upcoming Civil War regards to MCU. I am not really interested in Black Panther & Doctor Strange. Inhumans is back and forth. Ant Man I am caving because little cousins want to see it.

I really don't have a problem with Ma Kent said either. Superman doesn't owe the planet anything. He chose to be a hero because it's in his nature help not because he owes it to the planet.

Last edited by The Survivor; 07-16-2015 at 06:42 AM
Old 07-16-2015, 07:20 AM
Elite Fan

I don't have any strong feelings either way about DC, so I don't really care where they head.
Old 07-16-2015, 02:41 PM
Master Fan

Can make a supporter or fan of them all I suppose. It's all good. Everyone is entitled to feel what they feel. I am hoping it works out. I want competition and alternative to Marvel and movies being done with characters I actually care about. Just so happens alot of them with DC Comics. So personally I am rooting for them.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Survivor (View Post)
Can make a supporter or fan of them all I suppose. It's all good. Everyone is entitled to feel what they feel. I am hoping it works out. I want competition and alternative to Marvel and movies being done with characters I actually care about. Just so happens alot of them with DC Comics. So personally I am rooting for them.
Me too I'm excided for the solo Batman movie my childhood superhero was Batman and my childhood super villain was The Joker.
Old 07-17-2015, 05:48 AM
Elite Fan

I've never been a big fan of DC overall, but if the movie is good, I'll watch it regardless of which company it came from. It just so happens that I haven't thought any of the recent DC movies I've watched have been that good.
Old 07-17-2015, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

LOL for me it's the opposite. I'm not a Marvel fan but I'll watch the movies. I am a DC girl and I've thought (with the exception of Green Lantern), that the movies were pretty good.

Either way looking forward to both the DC and the Marvel movies that are coming out.
Emma♥Neal
Old 07-17-2015, 06:20 AM
Elite Fan

I think the Nolan Batman movies are good, but I think that the critics have overrated them, especially the second one.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:11 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

^^^I agree, thier good but overrated. My favorite Batman film is still Batman Returns.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:23 PM

How recent? ''Man of Steel'' was pretty good I thought. DC has only released 1 Live Action film though each year beginning in 2008, so not much to go by compared to Marvel. The only 1 that was disappointing to me was ''Jonah Hex''. I do still need to see ''Kingsman: The Secret Service''. It has gotten some good reviews.
Old 07-17-2015, 06:21 PM
Elite Fan

While it is technically a part of DC, I personally consider Vertigo stuff separate from their superhero stuff. Kinda like how I don't consider Kick-Ass a "Marvel" movie even though it was published by Marvel.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What I don't get is why Green Lantern was so bad.

I mean sure the acting could have used some work but I liked the CGI with the lantern ring creations.
Emma♥Neal
Closed Thread   Post New Thread