Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-07-2004, 01:31 AM
Elite Fan

I can't find that one anymore . It must've been one I deleted

Aiken releasing book, album in November
‘American Idol’ runner-up will also begin tour

Clay Aiken has moved on from "American Idol."
Billboard
Updated: 6:14 p.m. ET Oct. 6, 2004NEW YORK - “American Idol” graduate Clay Aiken will deliver a double whammy Nov. 16 with the release of a new album and his first book.

The as-yet-untitled RCA set is a holiday collection, while the Random House inspirational memoir “Learning to Sing: Hearing the Music in Your Life” explores Aiken’s journey from special education teacher to pop star.

Coinciding with both releases are a handful of TV appearances, including “Larry King Live” (Nov. 15), “The Tonight Show With Jay Leno” (Dec. 6) and Aiken’s one-hour Christmas special on NBC (Dec. 8), to be preceded earlier in the day by a visit to “The Today Show.”

The singer is scheduled to begin a five-week holiday tour with a full orchestra next month

----

woohoo! MOre concert footage
Old 10-07-2004, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

A full orchestra? Aww, I want to go, but I'm assuming he's only touring in the States.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:42 PM
Elite Fan

I know how you feel *deep sigh*. I wish he'd come to the Saskatoon Centre of the Arts. It's a smaller venue and so beautiful inside...
Old 10-08-2004, 09:07 PM
Elite Fan

Idols Don’t ‘Mask’ Attempt to Help Charity
by Gil Sery -- 10/09/2004

Several Idols have donated their time and creativity to help out the Hospice of Michigan in a rather artful way. What’s it all about? Gil has all the details for you inside.

Several American Idol alumni have donated their time and creativity to an upcoming charity event for the Hospice of Michigan. The Mask Project is being held to raise funds and awareness for the specialized health care services that Hospice of Michigan (and all other Hospices) provides to terminally ill patients, and the support it provides to patients’ families.

Inaugural Idol Winner, Kelly Clarkson and her successor, Ruben Studdard, along with runners-up Justin Guarini and Clay Aiken, were among the list of local and national celebrities who were asked to decorate clay masks and autograph them. The masks will then be auctioned off with the proceeds benefiting Hospice of Michigan’s patients.

For her contribution, Clarkson drew a woman’s face with multicolored hair that covers the right side of the face, and topped it off with some red-feathered “hair.” On the other end of the spectrum, Guarini’s mask was completely devoid of any creativity or art, and merely autographed in several places. RJ Helton, who placed fifth in Idol’s first season, also created a mask. His was comprised mostly of yellow and dark blue with a river of red dividing the two other colors.

Studdard, like Helton, decided to nix entirely the idea of a face and just went abstract for his mask using a palette of green, blue, purple and peach. Aiken’s mask was more traditional, depicting a serene-looking brown-haired guy with his eyes closed.

Other notable reality TV celebrities also contributed masks. Jessica Simpson of The Newlyweds created a “Chicken of the Sea”-themed mask with mermaids for eyes. Fellow MTV reality star Kelly Osbourne had a minimalist approach to her mask, creating eyelashes and big red lips. Bob Guiney, whom the Hospice website describes as “everyone’s favorite Bachelor,” used red to create a mask of — what else? — roses!

For those interested in bidding on these masks, the auction is set to take place on October 23 in Warren, MI. The rest of the masks can be seen on the Hospice website.

Here is the pic of Clay's mask he made - If he did this then add painting to his talent

Old 10-09-2004, 09:28 PM
Elite Fan

When Composers Cry blurb. A very nice one
Old 10-09-2004, 09:42 PM
Absolute Fan

And he's an ARTIST too! *whispers* I thought it was a girl in the painting...*
Old 10-09-2004, 11:02 PM
Elite Fan

*whispers I did too*
Old 10-12-2004, 02:24 PM
Elite Fan

A nice review about Mary Did You Know
Old 10-12-2004, 02:35 PM
Elite Fan

[size=large]It'll be Clay Aiken, all Clay Aiken, all the time [/size]

Talk about inspired marketing attacks, Clay Aiken is about to launch a veritable D-Day.

The spiky-haired singing sensation has written a book, "Learning to Sing: Hearing the Music in Your Life," described by Billboard as an inspirational memoir that charts Aiken's life from his days as a special-education teacher, when he gave his all to the students, to his post-"American Idol" stardom, when he continues to give "us" his all.

The book is due out Nov. 16, the same day his yet-to-be-titled holiday CD will be released.

And it's good to know that inspiration and marketing synergy are such fast friends: On Nov. 15 Aiken will have a chat with CNN's Larry King; on Dec. 6, he'll be on NBC's "Tonight Show"; and on Dec. 8 he'll grace the network's "Today" show.

But the coup de grace comes that same night, when Aiken's one-hour NBC Christmas special will air.
Old 10-12-2004, 03:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by brasha
On the other end of the spectrum, Guarini’s mask was completely devoid of any creativity or art, and merely autographed in several places.
I actually laughed at this.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And he's making a Christmas special on top of that. But now, he won't have to share the stage with the other AI contestants, it'll just be Clayton.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:46 PM
Elite Fan

He's a busy boy...and the networks know we want to see him all the time . Now, if only the radio people clued in
Old 10-13-2004, 05:11 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by brasha
[size=large]
But the coup de grace comes that same night, when Aiken's one-hour NBC Christmas special will air.
I bet FOX is lovin' this idea.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:50 PM
Elite Fan

From here
Quote:
Hey, everyone one else gets DVDs, why not Clay Aiken? And so it shall be. RCA will release Clay Aiken's DVD, title unspoken for now, on December 14.
Old 10-23-2004, 12:06 AM
Master Fan

I would DIE if a DVD of Clay came out. I'm still upset that the AI2 DVD never came out. But a full Clay DVD? YAY!