Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-16-2016, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh! I thought you listened to the radio at home.

That's good to know, about Buffy.

Oh, good to know to that I should stop if they get boring. I know that seems like common sense, but it's truly something I would overlook to do if I didn't like it.

Thanks for the insight into them.

Yikes, Nicholas doesn't do any, does he?

Kim
Old 01-16-2016, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

No, the only time I've ever listened to the radio is back home when I would take the city buses, and that's at least 15 years ago now, or when I'm in the car with my brother or stepfather/mother, which doesn't happen a lot.

I've never listened to the radio in my life.

Maybe if I had, I would now.

But it's just not something I'm in the habit of doing.

I'm sure Nicholas probably does do some audio commentaries, but probably not by himself.

When actors do audio commentaries, they pretty much never do them alone (as opposed to, like, Joss Whedon who does a lot of them alone).

I don't really remember, to tell you the truth, but I do know that actors never do audio commentaries on their own.
Old 01-17-2016, 04:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Music was my escape, and I liked having the radio on rather than changing tapes or CD's. I've never been big on putting too much effort into it.

Thanks for letting me know that about the actors not doing audios alone. I might be able to just skip him, or I might not care, given I get more of that it's Xander I hate, not the actor.

Kim
Old 01-17-2016, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've never had a radio, but I also think I've never wanted one because of that whole "rejecting anything that's popular" thing I developed as a result of the bullying I went through at school...

It's a long time ago, so all that really matters is that I really just never got into the habit of wanting or needing a radio.

When I look at how much people around me enjoy it, I can see that I'm obviously the poorer for it.

But, on the other hand, I think I do okay without one.

And, as for the audio commentaries, you could also just skip over all the ones that were done by the actors.

Or you could try them out, see what you think.

It's up to you.

Meanwhile, Rosewood is coming back March 2.
Old 01-18-2016, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I used it to escape, and to keep my sanity.

I don't think you're the poorer for it. At least not in my mind. I think, especially since you haven't missed having one, you're doing fine.

Though I've been here for 12 years now. In the metro area we used to live, I found out a lot of what was going on through the radio.

I just looked at my one of my Revolution covers, and they have deleted scenes, and gag reel, and stuff like that.

No commentaries on season 1. Or 2, that I read.

Lots of stuff though. At any rate, I think Buffy would be the best, because it's been a while since I've seen new episodes, and because I know the show so well.

I just think, since I still watch daily, that it would hugely be enjoyable.

Kim
Old 01-18-2016, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

The thing I enjoy about audio commentaries, when they're good anyway, is that they add to my enjoyment of a movie or a TV show.

Sometimes, it's really small things, like knowing that on the day they filmed that scene, everyone kept cracking up for no good reason.

And then I notice that a character has a smile that is not really a response to the scene, so I get where it's coming from.

And sometimes, it's something much bigger.

Like... I think the audio commentary for The Body (the one where Buffy's mom died) is Joss talking about how he wanted to do an episode about the boredom that happens when someone dies.

The tragedy of it, sure, but also how there's a lot of waiting around, not knowing what to do or how to feel.

And how Emma Caufield (who plays Anya) is saying a lot of things that people go through, but would never express, because death is so codified in our society?

I don't know. I just really liked it.
Old 01-19-2016, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think they will add to my enjoyment too.

Because I'd like to know more about some shows-Buffy really. I already love it so much, I want more insight into it.

I loved the things Anya said, and I so got her in that episode.

I love her anyway, but that was just, so real to me.

I was thinking of starting with season 5. Now I'm sure I want to.

I also forgot to thank you for letting me know when Rosewood will be back. So it's March for most of the shows I want to see.

Kim
Old 01-19-2016, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

If you do listen to the audio commentaries, or any of the other bonuses, let me know what you think about it.

I think I would enjoy hearing about your discovery of them.
Old 01-21-2016, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I will definitely let you know when I do.

I have it on my "I want to..." list. Just going to get through this ice storm and if we still have power, I'm thinking that's what I'll do.

I know when the satellite freezes we lose TV, so my DVD's will be some of my best friends.

Kim
Old 01-21-2016, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's good to have plans in place.

It's funny, I have a feeling this snow/ice storm to end all snow/ice storms won't be as bad as they're saying.

I could be very wrong, of course.

But, for one, your governments are actually preparing for it.

That tells me it'll all be okay in the end.

Which, of course, doesn't mean there won't be power outages and such.

Mother Nature is powerful.
Old 01-23-2016, 05:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We got 14 inches of snow and counting.

The snow stopped twice, and that's it.

It's been constant falling snow. And, the high winds come today. Which will cause a lot more power outages.

They way underestimated here. Charlotte, not so much. Here, without a doubt.

Mother Nature is indeed powerful.

Yes, them getting prepared is a huge help. Power trucks came from Ohio and Florida to help us.

Us being just outside the city doesn't help. We'll be last.

Kim
Old 01-23-2016, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm not gonna pretend that 14 inches doesn't change things...

But that's what a blizzard is.

I think this is just the part where it makes a difference because you all aren't used to getting a lot of snow during the winter.

Or, at least, not at once.

What do your power trucks do?

Do they clear the snow? Spread sand, salt or various other anti-snow chemicals?

Here, first they clear the snow away and then they spread the rocks/sand/salt stuff.
Old 01-24-2016, 05:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We didn't get the blizzard conditions.

Just snow and a little ice.

Up North is getting the blizzard. They are usually prepared. Not here in the South.

No, Power Trucks get the electricity back on as soon as possible, so people don't get frozen in their houses, because they really can't get out.

We ended up with 17 inches of snow.

Plow trucks will get around to us some time this week. They plow, but they don't sand or ice melt in the County. Just in the city.

Kim
Old 01-24-2016, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, when there's this much snow, I would imagine there's some element of the response that has to be to allow it to melt in its own time.

I'm not really sure, of course, because in the cities, they don't take many chances with that and, back home, the government only cleared national roads.

One of our neighbours cleared our road with his bulldozer.

But I've seen on the news that some parts of New Jersey have been experiencing a lot of flooding, and I'm assuming a lot of that will be the winds kicking up the actual ocean unto the shores and such.

But flooding is also what happens when the ground has to handle a whole lot of melting snow all at once.

Especially if the ground itself is thawing after a freeze of some kind.

Another reason why they clear the snow right away in cities, maybe.