Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-09-2014, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ty Davis Jr./Coby Bell Appreciation Thread # 11 ~ We Get to Carry Each Other

RECENT FILMOGRAPHY
2010 Burn Notice (TV series) : Jesse Porter
2010 Halo: Reach (Video Game) : Trooper Sgt 2 (voice)
COMPLETE FILMOGRAPHY LIST

MEMORABLE TY/COBY QUOTES

Coby Bell: (About working with Skipp Sudduth) He and became such good friends. We're still really tight. We would just make each other laugh all the time and then be real serious when the cameras were rolling. But when they yelled 'cut,' we'd start goofing around again

Coby Bell: When I first booked [Third Watch], I had just started dating my girlfriend, who is now my wife. We only started dating six months before and everything was going well and I get this job. They said, we were either going to shoot in San Francisco, Miami, Seattle or New York. So we didn't know for a week where I was gonna live. Then we found out and boom, I had to move to New York...took me a while to get used to. [New York's] just go, go, go.

RECENT ICONS

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 01-26-2016 at 03:29 AM
Old 06-09-2015, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ty Davis Jr./Coby Bell Appreciation Thread # 11 ~ We Get to Carry Each Other

It was the finale of Revenge-the son appeared on there. Near the very end.

But I do think you're right and it's Scandal, for some reason.

It's a black woman accused of something, and the son says "She's innocent. She didn't do anything." or something along those lines.

He showed Nolan her picture in the paper, along with an article, and Nolan said Emily was looking out for him.

They were in Nolan's bar.

Kim
Old 06-09-2015, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, I feel so stupid now.

I saw that boy on the finale.

I don't think he was meant to connect Nolan with Scandal or any other show.

There was an interview after the end of the show, where the Revenge PTBs explained how a different show (which was never picked up) where Nolan might have appeared:

Quote:
So was Nolan’s happy ending just to be able to help other people who need revenge?

Yes, but also that he’s absolutely able to stand on his own. When we saw him say to Emily that he’s trained for four years under the best sensei and that he’s going to go take care of this Margaux situation, it’s a bold move for him because he’s going without her. And he learns, “Oh, I can do this. I’ve become my own person in the nature of this show.” One of the reasons we did the lovely arc with Tony dating him is that Nolan was with a real person, and he’s become a real person—still with his eccentricities and his brilliance, but it’s now grounded in the world where he doesn’t feel like an outsider. He could stand on his own two feet, and when that young man comes to him, and without Emily there, he says, “I can help you,” and knows that he can do it.

Was the plan for him to be in ABC’s Kingmakers, which failed to get a series order at ABC?

I don’t know that there was a plan for him to be the through-line, but definitely it had been discussed that had Kingmakers gone—and I’m very sad for Sallie Patrick that it didn’t—but there was definitely talk of him possibly showing up in the show because he is definitely still part of our universe. There definitely would’ve been an intention to have a character show up on Kingmakers.
I think they're making it clear that the young black man was a different character than whatever character that actor may have played on another show.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ah, thanks for explaining and posting that.

It was all kind of confusing.

Nolan needs his own show.

Thanks for the new thread!

Kim
Old 06-11-2015, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

It would have been awesome to have seen Nolan go on to appear on his own show or another show.

But I don't think it's gonna happen.

At least, it doesn't seem like will.

Who knows, they may come up with something else.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It may take some time.

More patience from us.

He's just so sweet, and cute, and smart.

Kim
Old 06-13-2015, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

For me, it's also that we don't often get surprises, you know?

You tend to know who's out there in the world of acting.

And, when you meet someone new, it often takes a while for them to get there?

He was awesome from the start.

And he stayed awesome.

So I don't want him to disappear now.
Old 06-13-2015, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, the thought of him disappearing really sucks.

At least I have the final episode recorded, and the Genie is surge protected now.

Doesn't mean I'll always have it, but I'll definitely buy one or two of the season's episodes.

Probably 3 & 4, but I'm not sure.

Kim
Old 06-14-2015, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

If you want my opinion, buy the first and last season.

The first season was really good.

The last one wasn't great, but I could see why you'd want to have it, sentimally speaking.

The first one is really where it was at.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, thank you.

Cause I hadn't seen 2, and I really didn't see all of 3.

Thanks for the heads up.

And yeah, the last season for being sentimental, and having the end.

Kim
Old 06-15-2015, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Season 2 was awful.

Awful and pointless, so I really wouldn't bother.

If memory serves, the whole season was all about this shadowy organization pulling the strings on the Graysons and how they'd really been the ones to orchestrate the plane crash and terrorist activities the Graysons had pinned on David Clarke.

And, in the end, Conrad told Victoria that there had been no organization anyway. It had always just been him.

Of course, this was after Victoria had already killed one of "them" to "protect Daniel." Thus once again proving that Victoria has always been totally willing to kill people to get what she wants.

Seriously, save yourself. I'm sure it had good moments, but it's not worth your time or money.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks.

That's good to have a heads up on.

I seem to remember trying to watch season 2, and not having a clue what was what.

Kim
Old 06-17-2015, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Season 2 was so convoluted, even people who never missed an episode had trouble keeping track of the tangled web they tried to weave.

It got to be so ridiculous that even the show's PTBs back off.

Because having Conrad come out, at the end of it all, to say that it had always been him pulling the strings and that there never was a larger organization?

Smelled like such a rat.

It was obvious that the PTBs realized they had painted themselves into a corner and didn't know what the heck they were doing.

So they Deus ex Machina'd the crap out of the plot and made everything Conrad's doing.

Which, of course, led to some people going, "Ah, ah! You see, Victoria is totally a blameless pawn in this whole thing."

Meanwhile, she's actively killing people.
Old 06-18-2015, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for explaining all of that to me.

I was definitely clueless about season 2, and really remembered none of what I watched.

I like having the insight.

And how sickening that Victoria comes out innocent looking and blameless in that.

She's been a killer from way back.

And I was glad they killed her, though that was too good for her.

Kim
Old 06-18-2015, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Honestly, I'm not even sure I remember Season 2 correctly myself, it was such a hot mess.

So all that explanation could be just my version of what happened.

I mean, Victoria definitely killed at least one woman. I remember that much.

The rest... It gets hazy when I try to make sense of it.

I'm glad if it could give you some idea of what happened.

But the main thing is, there is no good in watching season 2.

The actors were certainly good, but nothing made sense.