Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2004, 07:18 PM
Master Fan

TGTAB # 2 - Shiny armour, white horse... we've got a hero downunder!

This thread is for all the Third Watch fans that are behind (TGTAB ~ The Girls That Are Behind)

If you´re a German fan and fell like posting in German it´s OK as for the usual part we´ll stick with English.

This idea was born to discuss reruns and to bawl about the leck of new eppies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Updating the 1st post on May 2nd 2005

Season 1 of TW reaturns to VOX Germany!

Maybe with the reruns some people come out of lurkdom

1. Welcome to Camelot May 10th 22.15pm on VOX

To discuss the eppies just jump to the last page

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

But as the lovely group that we are we also discuss other TV shows in which we were/are behind.

Big thanks go to CB for the title !

Big thanks go to Lea for having such a great heart and for her great donation !

I dedicate this thread to you two. Hope we´ll have a great time....no I have to correct myself: I´m sure we will.

Happy Posting

--------------------------------------------------------
Bringing the last post over from the first thread:

Quote CB:

Quote:
Nooooo! I've missed ER yesterday and the week before as well! I figured I could tape the rerun- but there aren't reruns of ER! What the hell's wrong with German TV?! I'm really pissed off because of that!

I have no idea who Kem is, even!

Haven't seen Nip/Tuck yet, either.
"What the hell´s wrong with German TV" - I guess that´s a good question to start this thread EVERYTHING

So here is my short summary.

It was again a Kongo eppy. We were giving a summary of Carter´s adventures in Africa. It was tough and very well done. Of course he fell in love with a smart girl having and Aids programm there. It was really well done and I loved to see a bit of the old Carter. Who desperatly tried to make the right things even just for a few people. Touching. But then there was is new big love "Kem" she´s the actress who played next to Tom Cruise in Misson Impossible Part II. Maybe I´ll search a pic of her later. This women from the Aids programm got pregnant Ok I see the point. They had to give a reason why Carter has to return. But why has he?! What about a ER in Kongo. I enjoyed all these eppies more than the actual ER eppies and did someone miss Carter in the Chicago eppies. I didn´t. So it looks that Carter and all he was looking for (love of his life and baby) are returning next week.

For Nip/Tuck it´s kind of undescribable. Maybe that´s why noone answered our questions Sometimes I think "What the f****???!" I should turn off or it´s boring but then there is this "lovestory" between Julian MacMahon (spelling ?) who loves the wife of his brother. At least I´d say he loves her. Difficult. Really.

Last edited by ALEXA82; 05-02-2005 at 06:10 AM
Old 12-29-2004, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for starting this thread. But I swear, I'm behind. I had to read the acronym 3 times to figure it out.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:15 PM
Master Fan

Karen was the first It feels really good to open a thread

Just added the explanation to the 1st post
Old 12-29-2004, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well congrats on opening your first thread ever. It gets addicting, so be forewarned.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Dang! And there I thought in a thread with only 3, 4 regulars I could be first to post, but NO! See Kar stealing the glory away from me! It's not like she's usually posting here- she just did it to spite me, that evil girl!

Gah, can't believe I missed two episodes in a row. I actually enjoyed this season's episodes very much, partly because I love that new nurse (Sam?) so far. And the Congo episodes were awesome, I would never have expected such a strong political statement in a show that's as mainstream (yes, it is, let's face it ) as ER is. So, does Kem have Aids? Because we've already had a main character with Aids.
Watcher #43 ~ Vicious Trollop #3

Keeper of Samantha's goody closet

NBC executives: Go. To. Hell.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Okay, here I am. I am officially a TGTAB, even if I can't post in German. There. I said it! You may all now me.

WWLD
VIRGOMUM RULES!
Old 12-30-2004, 02:34 PM
Extreme Fan

But, can you prove you're really a TGTAB? I mean, everybody could claim that! So, to establish whether or not you're really behind, please answer following question:

How far behind are you?

a) Not at all, actually.
b) A bit.
c) Quite a bit.
d) Really far.
e) Really really far.

You're admittance to this thread will be based on your answer, so think about it!

Old 12-30-2004, 07:53 PM
Master Fan

behinders?!

LLF - this "post in German if you like to" is just because this behind idea was born out of the lack of new eppies here and because the 1st thread was called "German Thread" because of that...but we never had anyone posting in German...just kind of don´t know...nobody came out of lurkdom to post in German and we love to post in English...hope anything of what I said made any sense

----> None the less WELCOME

Yeah how far are you behind? Did you just start watching now in season 6? Think so because of your Finney Jr. love

CB - I´m still so happy

Yes 2 eppies...the Congo one this tuseday was really great. As I said. Haven´t loved Carter that much in ages! No, Kem has no Aids, it´s just her work in Congo...a programm for all the poor people...new medication e.g. You´ll see her next week I don´t know she seemed so dedicated to her work there that it seemed very out of the blue that she got pregnant. And of course she did agree to go back to the states to have the child there (I mean I also would, who wouldn´t Carter is a real good party with all his money - but that´s just sarcastic me ) I hoped for more Congo eppies. The tuseday one was really tearjerking and great. Especially the way it handled the political issuses, not only the war stuff there put also the Europeans contra Americans on the Iraque topic. And I totally agree with you there I never expected a main stream show like ER to do this!
After all I really felt sorry for Abby and started to like her. She wasn´t in that eppy but Carter was so in love with her before she ever knew and he was the one who so wanted to be with her and then just screwed it when some problems occured. Ran to Afirica and fianlly he makes the statement to Kem "I found was I was looking for"??? For what. To forhet Abby, to found a family....Poor Abby. Yes that was really me saying that

Karen - Thanks I also opened the first thread (the German one) but after all it was special to open this one ´cause I never thought we´d get the first one over 250 posts. And as CB said once. We had over 2000 views And well for the rest I´m really addicted to this board after all There is no doubt

Sorry but gis is getting a really long post Thansk for staying tuned.

On the behind topic... I watched Rat Bastard yesterday. And it was really strange how they portrayed Sasha. So difrent from when I first met her In Monsters. She was so self-pleased. What did she think Ty would do? And the way she acted towards Swersky...I see her point she wants to fight bad cops but what??? Ty is a bad cop and she had to report about this ticket from eppy 2 or 3. Ty really is a bad cop I definetly felt the Sasha hate! Not only that Finney agreed to partner up with her and she really leadhim into danger. I don´t know what they want to tell us with that.

Ty/Sully - It was so great to see them back together and the way Ty wanted Sully ozt of this past thing...and when Sully said to him that his father said teh same thing before he dies :sniff: I hope they will work it out. Ty needs Sully and Sully so needs Ty :sniff:

Faith - I seriously never ever want to get in her way She was awsome. When she stopped 55-David (bawl: what about the good old times ) with Sasha and Finney...her look. I would have been afraid ! And she definetly expressed her anger...better than Cruz did. Her agressive way was a bit lame and didn´t scare Sasha at all. And I really feel more for Cruz in this. Sasha was a real rat regarding her. I mean Faith always had her family and her stuff to deal with but the rape thing between Sasha and Cruz. I´d feel like sent to hell and back if I were Cruz.

Last edited by ALEXA82; 12-30-2004 at 08:05 PM
Old 12-30-2004, 08:11 PM
Master Fan

----> had to split the first post obvioulsy too long

....After all only one week before a new eppy airs and I´m really interested to see how this IAB theme turns out. "Finney Sr. is out of controle" Gotta love that show

Oh and here comes the promised pic of "Kem" (Thandie Newton)

I´m so sorry to say that but the other eppy you missed was pretty much about Sam and her son and Luca...but nothing happened between them yet.
Old 12-30-2004, 08:47 PM
Extreme Fan

Great, another Sasha hater! I still remain on my POV that she didn't have another choice than to act like she did. She had Finney Sr. on her back. And she didn't mean Ty when she said that about bad cops- she never investigated him- but Cruz, who definitely had her share of dirty-copness.

Sorry, it's just tiring to be the only Sasha fan on this board. Well, I guess that makes me unique...

Rat Bastard was obviously an episode where I disagreed with pretty much everybody else. Not only did the cops leave Sasha to die (which I don't think is right but I can understand that to a certain point), but they endangered Finney as well- he could have been in real trouble for all they knew.

I'm sure Ty and Sully will be alright again. The last scene with them and Faith together realizing they were up to their necks in trouble hinted to that, I think.

On ER, I thought the whole Abby/Carter thing was weird. I wanted them to be together, but when they finally did... zero chemistry. And you're right, it looks like the writers chose to forget about how much Carter fought to be with Abby- and now suddenly he finds the Big Love again?? I could kick my own butt for missing those two eppies!

Thanks for posting that pic! I'm definitely looking forward to next Tuesday.

Guess what, I'm listening to the Over The Rhine CD, the one with the song from "After Hours". I finally got it today, and it's really great! I'll put at least "Give me strength" on your DVD.

Old 12-30-2004, 09:25 PM
Master Fan

OMG that is what can I say :sniff: thank you CB for everything.

The Sasha thing... I know what you mean I still think she has her reasons but she reported about Ty and that ticket. Given. And it was really strange how she acted in Rat Bastard. Not leaving or at least working the desk or agreeing to transfer. It seemed as if she had zero understanding why especiall Ty, Faith or Cruz felt betrayed. That´s what I disliked about her there.
For the fact how she was treated by the other cops it wasn´t such a big surprise. I remember season 1 when Ty got in trouble for shooting an innocent to save Sully or some other random moments the IAB was never ever given a good word about. By nobody. And these rules were made clear. Don´t work with them, don´t even consider to help them in any way. They are our enemy no.1 . Faith´s statement, Bosco´s statement and Sully´s. Everybody knows. And yeah it´s evil from Finney Sr. not to transfer her. But that´s what he is. So I can understand cruz for hating her, Ty and Faith and that all the others behaved like that as well is this spirit/rule with "blue" like Sully tried to explain Ty when he was a newbie. Strange but maybe that´s what it is. And Sasha knew it.

ER - But Luca is so sweet. And I´d really prefer him more with Sam than with Abby. I guess the´ll find a way. Sam still thinks Luca has no idea about kids but we all know better. Sigh. Gotta love Luca. And I hope that the writers will do something with the Luca/Carter friendship now. And I saw the preview I guess i´m in the Abby/Carter ship after next week. That´s weird. Can´t believe I ever would
Old 12-30-2004, 09:44 PM
Extreme Fan

I wasn't surprised at how the cops treated her, I was surprised they would risk to sacrifice Finney in order to have their revenge on her.

But did she report Ty and the whole ticket thing? I admit that was something I didn't really understand, I thought she kept it quiet but was mad at Ty for bringing her in such a situation.

And IAB shouldn't be Enemy No. 1 for cops who've nothing to hide.

I don't really understand why Sasha insisted on getting back to work as if nothing had happened either. Well, maybe I'm completely wrong about her and she is evil, but I could imagine she's hanging on because she's hoping to redeem herself to Ty in some way... No idea. I guess we'd better stop on that Sasha thing and agree to disagree.

I've always loved Luca, right from day one. Remember when some guy beat Abby up because she helped the guy's girlfriend get away or something? I sooo worshipped him when he went to that bar and kicket the ***** out of that bastard! Everybody should have a Luca around. I always thought Abby and Luca had twice as much chemistry than Abby and Carter.

Old 12-30-2004, 10:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
But did she report Ty and the whole ticket thing? I admit that was something I didn't really understand, I thought she kept it quiet but was mad at Ty for bringing her in such a situation.
I think she did ´cause Finney Sr. knew about it in "Sins of the father"

Quote:
...I guess we'd better stop on that Sasha thing and agree to disagree...
I think we don´t really disagree but maybe it´s just too late now for me and I´m way too tired. I think we agree in some way. Especially on the Finney thing. That was strange.

I can darkly remember that Luca scene...he´s simply a good guy. And so cute
Old 12-31-2004, 04:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Collaroy-Beach
But, can you prove you're really a TGTAB? I mean, everybody could claim that! So, to establish whether or not you're really behind, please answer following question:

How far behind are you?

a) Not at all, actually.
b) A bit.
c) Quite a bit.
d) Really far.
e) Really really far.

You're admittance to this thread will be based on your answer, so think about it!
I'll take "e" - really really far. Final answer.
Quote:
Originally posted by ALEXA82
----> None the less WELCOME

Yeah how far are you behind? Did you just start watching now in season 6? Think so because of your Finney Jr. love
I saw an episode here and there during the first 5 1/2 seasons. After I stopped working nights, I saw the latter half of S5 and all of S6 so far, soooo... I guess you could say I've seen the equivalent of one season and a few spare eppies. It wasn't until I was able to watch regularly that I got hooked. It was obvious that there were things I didn't know about from prior seasons, so I looked for DVDs. Now I'm just trying to score eppies on the street.

WWLD
VIRGOMUM RULES!
Old 12-31-2004, 05:57 AM
New Fan

Well the countdown is on ... 6 hours to go till 2005 !!! Sadly no partying for me..hubby is at work till 11pm tho if he gets home in time I may pop down to the club for a drink or 2 I am actually more excited that its only just over a week now till I can get the next eppy of TW than the start of a new year LOL

I didn't realise you guys were ER fans too!!! We are only 6 months behind with that here..season 11 starts in february,but I couldn't wait that long so,of course,have been downloading and watching it .Where are you all up to with it???

Little Finney ..where about are you?? Have left a post in the downloads thread for you..I am sure we can find a better way than emailing/Bit Torrent to get to the eppy's you are missing

Well I best run...hubby has just walked in (5 hours EARLY!!!!!!!) looks liek I might be heading out after all!.Have a great NEW YEARS ..talk to you all in 2005!!!!
Watcher #47 virgomum