Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-16-2005, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Eppy 6.16 MI Crossover Discussion ~ IN THE FAMILY WAY

IN THE FAMILY WAY - IN A SPECIAL CROSSOVER EPISODE, NEAL MCDONOUGH AND KELLI WILLIAMS FROM NBC'S 'MEDICAL INVESTIGATION' ARRIVE TO HEAD OFF MYSTERY DISEASE THREATENING NEW YORK -- RECORDING ARTIST WYCLEF JEAN GUEST STARS -- In a special crossover episode, Dr. Connor (Neal McDonough) from NBC's drama "Medical Investigation" and Dr. Durant (guest star Kelli Williams) from the elite N.I.H. team, are called into New York after a captured jewelry store thief who is AWOL from the Army displays unusual symptoms of an unknown contagious disease that is spreading fast -- and his accomplice is still on the run. Meanwhile, Cruz (Tia Texada) witnesses a gangbanger in her custody as he is gunned down by a 13-year-old boy and she senses a slick rival (as Marcel, guest star Wyclef Jean) is behind the murder. In addition, Yokas (Molly Price) has doubts about her former partner and a worried Carlos (Anthony Ruivivar) gets a pleasant surprise. Coby Bell, Cara Buono, Nia Long, Josh Stewart, Skipp Sudduth and Jason Wiles also star.

DURING PART TWO OF THE "MEDICAL INVESTIGATION"/"THIRD WATCH" CROSSOVER EVENT, CONNER AND YOKAS WORK TOGETHER TO TRACK THE SOURCE OF THE MYSTERIOUS ILLNESS THAT HAS INFECTED PARAMEDIC CARLOS NIETO AND THREATENS NEW YORK CITY -- As the drama that began on "Third Watch" continues, the rest of the team joins Conner (Neal McDonough) and Natalie (Kellie Williams) in New York as they race against the clock to determine what the deadly virus is that has landed paramedic Carlos Nieto (Anthony Ruivivar, NBC's "Third Watch") and the robbery suspect that he was attending to in the ICU. Conner teams up with Detective Faith Yokas (Molly Price, NBC's "Third Watch") to search for the robber's accomplice, whom they hope will lead them to the source of the disease. Meanwhile, Eva (Anna Belknap) tries to console Holly (Yvonne Jung, "Third Watch") as she waits to learn if Carlos is going to live or die. As more infected people arrive at the hospital, the team must race against time to track the source of the mysterious illness before more patients die. Chris Gorham and Troy Winbush also star.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:51 AM
Master Fan

New thread....New TW this Friday Promo is also up at NBC.com but only about the crossover thing.

Quote:
... In addition, Yokas (Molly Price) has doubts about her former partner...
I´m all excited to see how they play this whole not able to aim story...oh well of course I´m excited about everything regarding B/F
Old 02-16-2005, 12:33 PM
Passionate Fan

New thread!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXA82
I´m all excited to see how they play this whole not able to aim story...oh well of course I´m excited about everything regarding B/F
Me too...
Icon by neel luvs tony
Old 02-16-2005, 01:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
In addition, Yokas (Molly Price) has doubts about her former partner
She's got to make him understand by telling him how much she cares about him!Damn.
Old 02-16-2005, 01:02 PM
Addicted Fan

I just hate how little is seems like B/F is going to be in this one.....
Old 02-16-2005, 02:15 PM
MST Manager

Should be a good one! I usually like crossovers.

I won't be around Friday night because Aaron and I are going to see "Phantom of the Opera" and dinner, so I hope you enjoy the episode, Watchers.

I'll post my comments sometime over the weekend, hopefully.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Did you all read the details of the MI portion? Seriously?

Quote:
they race against the clock to determine what the deadly virus is that has landed paramedic Carlos Nieto and the robbery suspect that he was attending to in the ICU. Conner teams up with Detective Faith Yokas to search for the robber's accomplice, whom they hope will lead them to the source of the disease. Meanwhile, Eva tries to console Holly as she waits to learn if Carlos is going to live or die.
Poor poor Carlos will end up in ICU. And Holly is back!
Old 02-16-2005, 04:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

OHHH I can't wait for the Carlos/Holly stuff! I am a HUGE shipper of them now, they are my fave couple thus far!

Best news ever, I will be home for this eppy! so I can watch it friday night! YAY

Charlie: "You all, everybody!"

{TW} Watcher # 42, Real 55-David #11, G/C shipper #38
Sugarplum Fairies #133
Old 02-18-2005, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well I'll have to watch it later than usual because I have a speech tournament tonight with my reader's theater. I'll probably start watching both TW and MI at 10:00. But I'll post as soon as it's all over.
Old 02-18-2005, 03:35 PM
Loyal Fan

OMG! This eppie looks so amazing! I can't wait to see what happens!

I will be here on the laptop posting away!

See you in 3 hrs guys!

Bryan

If you want to be a REAL CRUZ FAN, check out http://www.geocities.com/cruzfanclub/

{TW} Watcher #41

{The Real} -55David- #24

Thanks Wild For The Great 100 x 100 Avies!
Old 02-18-2005, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Random thoughts per usual ...

Ok, so don't shoot me, but I was ok with the Sasha/Sully stuff this eppy. Maybe I just missed Sully so much it didn't bother me. Who knows? Or maybe I loved his opening "Crap" line so much I forgot about Sasha, or maybe I just loved lovable fatherly Sully so much I didn't care if it was involving Sasha or maybe I liked the continuity with him bringing up Tatiana and the such. But it doesn't matter. I was ok with it.

He he he Faith rocks. I love that beanie thing she wears. I love how she's so confident and Faith like as Detective Yokas. And I liked the way she played off the MI guy.

But Bos and Faith. I mean, I understand where Bos is coming from. How hurt he must have been that Faith wouldn't shoot for him, but it pained me so to see him walk right past her in the 55 and not say a word. But I was loving how Faith followed him into the locker room to check on him, to push him and find out how he qualified. But gah it hurt hearing him goad her on being the big NYPD detective and the such, but I do understand where he is coming from. How hurt he must be that everything he knew as life has changed. I mean, his brother is dead, he isn't 100% healthwise, his body he has relied on for years is failing him and he cannot see the same, walk the same, doesn't look the same, and his only partner is not with him anymore. Yeah. Tough. I just need this to be fixed. And I hope what Faith finds at the range is that Bos was able to qualify on his own and not that someone else covered for him. Please oh please let him have qualified on his own.

Uh ... where was Ty? Did he even have a line? Not that I missed Finney only having a few lines.

Not really caring one way or the other about the Cruz and Marcell and Santiago saga right now. But I have a feeling it might be carrying through later.

Loved having Holly back, but it was sudden with no explanation and all. A bit odd. But at her wanting Carlos to meet her parents.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:15 PM
Extreme Fan

TW is on an hour early on CTV! how odd is that? MI comes on anyway so who knows why it is an hour early! I heard sirens and I thought that it was on the street outside, until I heard Sully talking to Sacha!!

2009-2010 What the heck happened Storm???
Old 02-18-2005, 09:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Gah I so hope that our fellow Canadians aren't missing it!
Old 02-18-2005, 09:51 PM
Addicted Fan

for this eppy(s). But...not entirely....

As much as I still sort-of-don't-like-Sasha....I liked the scene of her and Sul talking....How he brought up Tatiana....etc. And it was funny when he looked right at her after the wife of the storeowner said something about "raising kids without a father".

And how awesome was that "Crap!" at the beginning? Totally sneaked in a drop of old TW that's been missing for so long Some things never change.

Though Ty and Finney were in it very little, I was at their remarks to the prisoner....about him hurting his tongue and Finney said "Poor baby." Finney didn't bother me much, but he didn't really have a chance to in this episode. Ty was his same, sweet self but had even less screentime than Finney. As usual.

Ty and Finney in 55-David??!?!?! This sucks. I want 55-Charlie as 55-Charlie and that means Ty and Sul! And I want 55-David....though unrealistic this close to the end....and that means Bosco and Faith! Finney and Sasha can go.....whatever. Make a new squad or something. They can be in 55-Whatever. Ok...that was stupid.

Smilie limit....
Old 02-18-2005, 09:51 PM
Addicted Fan

Smilie limit....

The whole disease thing was vomit-worthy. And poor Carlos in ICU. For a split sec, I almost thought he was going to die! Poor Holly. But I, too, thought her whole "coming back" thing was really sudden.

No mention of Kylie, as usual. [rant] I'm losing hope that Holly will ever even know Carlos has a daughter out there. Or maybe he doesn't? Did she not get the transplant and died? Of course, that wouldn't have been a big deal, which is why we didn't hear of it, right? [/rant]

Bosco...no....no.....no. I'm so confuzzled. First of all, I'm assuming Bos knows how Faith got to be detective. Which means he knows she killed Mann. (When? Well, of course they didn't show us when this was disclosed.) But, does he know why she really killed him? Will he ever? I've been waiting.... I'm anxious to see how he requalified. I really was thinking Faith would come through and do it for him, but she didn't....so now I'm more confuzzled.

The whole cross-over thing wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. But that one Dr. Connor guy.... Is he a robot or something?

The lion scene. I was dying. I didn't know what to expect behind that door....but a lion?

I'm not sure what to think of this whole Cruz/Maddox situation. But it sorta caught my attention this time, more than it did last. So, I guess we'll see. ......And Santiago is hot! Cruz might not seem like she's into him....but she's just good at hiding things. Either that or whatever this "illness" she has, has permanently hindered her vision. Raaaaow!

But not as hot as mi Bosco.......::squeals:: How cute was that when he was all joking around with Swersky.....

Bosco: I'm gone for a few months and you let this whole place go to hell?
Swersky: You tryin' to piss me off the first day?
Bosco: No, I'll save that for tomorrow.

I liked to see that side of him...sort of a glimpse of the old, sarcastic Bosco.

So next week.....Vampires? Well, maybe if they throw enough in, we'll forget about all these storylines they started....then they won't even need to finish them! How conveinient! Just ranting some more.

But Holy Did I see Bosco? In uniform?!