Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-17-2011, 07:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Eddie Cibrian/Jimmy Doherty Appreciation Thread #6 ~ Because He Might Just Be a Playboy

RECENT FILMOGRAPHY
Chase (TV series)
– Havoc (2010)
– Above the Law (2010)
COMPLETE FILMOGRAPHY LIST

MEMORABLE EDDIE/JIMMY QUOTES
Eddie (on why he decided to go back to acting): I needed some money and I did not want to do the normal thing. I looked back and said, "It was the easiest money I ever made. If I could just do one or two commercials a year..."

Eddie (on switching roles from soap opera hunk to one of New York's bravest on Third Watch): There's no hair and makeup for firemen. We just put on our uniforms, get a little dirty and go out there and play. It would be any kid's dream.

"You're the only woman, I ever really loved." - Jimmy to Kim about his engagement to Brooke.

"Your hair looks nice." - Jimmy
"It's in a ponytail." - Kim

"Didn't anyone ever teach you the no talking in the urinals rule? That's why there's graffiti in front of you, so you got something to read while you're keeping your mouth shut." - Jimmy to Carlos.

"Uh, Doc. Carlos. Some guy just jumped out the window." - Jimmy

"Life's not about hanging on to someone because you care about them. Sometimes when you care about someone you have to let them go. My mission statemnet is going to begin with living each day as if I deserved what those guys did for me." - Jimmy

"Bosco, you working or just modeling the uniform?" - Jimmy

"That`s his bus." - Jimmy, pointing to Carlos.
"What happend to covering each others back?" - Other firefighter
"It`s Nieto!" - Jimmy

"Well, I'd buy you a monkey .... Haven't you always wanted a Mon-key?" - Jimmy

EDDIE FANS
1. CJG18
2. montana_rosalie
3. loveslullaby
4. Yellow Mustang Girl (Carol)
5. Wildfire Girl (Karen)
6. Natasja1982
Old 03-17-2011, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Karen! Love the title.

Kim
Old 03-17-2011, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

new thread
the title

mia toretto brian o'conner
lex luthor lana lang | jordan ♥ t.c.
clary fray ♥ jace herondale | jax ♥ tara
haylie | icon | LJ | tumblr
Old 03-17-2011, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire Girl (View Post)
I've gotta get caught up on my Eddie news. I get DAILY tons of updates in my email now and I can't get caught up
Unfortunately,very few of those updates are about Eddie.It's all about LeAnn's weightloss,a sighting of them in a bar in Chicago or about him getting the part in 'Playboy'(although that's old news now).Nothing interesting in terms of filming other than a photo from inside his trailer on set.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree. Lots of illegal paparazzi pictures, loads of gossipy crap, and of course nothing on the new show since it's still being filmed.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hope we get some new show info soon. I'm excited

Old 03-18-2011, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Not directly about Eddie,but concerning filming of the show itself.

Quote:
‘Playboy’ television pilot coming to Evanston

The iconic Evanston home has been cast in the role of another icon — Chicago’s Playboy Mansion — in an NBC television pilot about 1960s Playboy clubs.

History center Executive Director Eden Juron Pearlman confirmed that crews from Twentieth Century Fox TV would be at the Dawes House for two days next week filming scenes for the pilot. Executives are expected to announce in May whether the show has been picked up as a series.

Show producers contacted the center some time ago about the prospect of using the interior of the Dawes House as a substitute for the Chicago Playboy Mansion, which served as home to Playboy founder Hugh Hefner from 1959 until the mid 1970s, when he packed up the party and his pajamas and moved to Los Angeles.

Pearlman said that crews would be using some rooms on the first floor of the Dawes House, but primarily the library.

“The reason that we’re working with them is that they are using only a portion of the house that we are comfortable with,” she said, adding that history center staff is always careful about how the house is used.

“On a semi-regular basis, we get people calling us for various projects,” she said. “Very often, they don’t pan out because we are extremely careful about how we use the house. It’s our greatest treasure.”

Pearlman said producers have been “very conscientious” about using the house for the pilot. Staff from the history center will be on hand to supervise and ensure that the house, and its contents, are undisturbed.

According to a report in Variety magazine, the hour-long drama, entitled “Playboy,” will focus on a group of women who work as Playboy bunnies in the New York Playboy Club. The report states that Brian Grazer, Francie Calfo and Chad Hodge, who also wrote the script for “Playboy” and has written for the now-canceled Fox show “Tru Calling,” are producing it.

The Dawes House is no stranger to stardom. Its exterior was featured in the 2002 Tom Hanks and Paul Newman film “Road to Perdition.”

Pearlman declined to disclose the details of compensation for the filming, only to say that the history center considered the compensation generous.

The interior of the Charles Gates Dawes House, home of the Evanston History Center, has been cast in the role of Chicago's Playboy Mansion in an NBC television pilot. (Jonathan Bullington/TribLocal)
Old 03-18-2011, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks LL for catching me up!
Old 03-19-2011, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hm, 1960's shouldn't be near as racy, just era appropriate for the 60's. Sounds interesting to me-a lot of potential. Thanks for that!

Kim
Old 03-19-2011, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's a network show, so it literally can't be all that racy to begin with.

I think, mostly, we need to wait and see if it's any actual good. Never mind the pseudo-raciness of it.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly. I think it'll be an interesting commentary on the times back in the 60s vs today
Old 03-19-2011, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

We'll see if it makes it to air.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for that information.
Hopefully if it gets picked up NBC doesn't cancel it so fast.

Old 03-20-2011, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Arriving at LAX March 19

Old 03-20-2011, 06:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh they look so cute. And I LOVE her shirt scarf combo!