Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-07-2005, 07:43 AM
Addicted Fan

Christina Aguilera Finishing 'Raw' LP, Waiting For Perfect Film Role

Singer has been reading scripts and working on as-yet-untitled soul album.

by Corey Moss

BEVERLY HILLS, California — Christina Aguilera has laid relatively low since canceling her tour with Chingy a year ago, but not because there's nothing to talk about.

"I'm finishing the next record, planning a wedding, searching for the [perfect film] role — there's lots going on," the singer said last month at Vanity Fair's annual Oscar party, which she attended with music executive Jordan Bratman, who proposed to her in February.

Aguilera is nearing the finish line on her as-yet-untitled follow-up to Stripped, and the sound might surprise fans.

"It's very special for me," she said. "It's a retro blues/jazz/soul record, but a really meaty, gritty, real raw record of soul. So it'll feel good — a feel-good record."

Aguilera kept the production details to herself, but revealed that she has yet to re-team with Linda Perry, the former 4 Non Blondes singer who co-wrote and produced "Beautiful" and has since gone on to work with one of Aguilera's rivals, Kelly Osbourne.

"I would love to [work with Aguilera again], but I don't force myself onto people," Perry said recently. "If she calls, I would look forward to it. If she doesn't, I'm sure she'll make a great record no matter what."

As for Aguilera's movie debut, it looks like that might have to wait another album cycle.

"I've been [reading scripts, but] I'm waiting for the right role," she said. "It's very important that I don't play myself in a film."

The singer has also been watching a lot of movies and was happy about the Best Actor and Best Actress winners at last month's Academy Awards.

"Jamie Foxx is great," she said. "I got entranced in his performance. I thought we were watching Ray Charles. He was pretty amazing. And [I have] a lot of respect for Hilary Swank for putting on 19 pounds of muscle. I mean, that's nuts. That's crazy. Good inspiration for whenever I take that path myself."

This report is provided by MTV News

Source:vh1.com
Old 03-07-2005, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

rem, thanks for the article. I'm hoping we'll get a release date soon.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:15 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
"It's very special for me," she said. "It's a retro blues/jazz/soul record, but a really meaty, gritty, real raw record of soul. So it'll feel good — a feel-good record."
I'm so excited. Exactly how I wanted the next album to be like.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:11 AM
Passionate Fan

Rem thanks for the article. i hope we get a release daate soon too. i'm so excited for the new album.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Christina Parties After Oscars

Over at the Pacific Design Center, Elton John hosted his 13th annual post-Oscar bash for his AIDS foundation by taking the stage with Scissor Sisters — and presenting guest of honor Elizabeth Taylor with a cake and a Chopard watch in honor of her 73rd birthday.

Taylor, who was assisted by a retinue of helpers, stepped out of her limousine and walked the red carpet just after 11 p.m. before sitting down in her wheelchair and being taken directly to the VIP area, where Tim Allen, Harry Hamlin, Pamela Anderson and a newly engaged Christina Aguilera and fiancé Jordan Bratman were hanging out.

"Elton's a friend, and it's a great charity," Anderson said. "I don't really go out to many of these parties. If I was going to go anywhere, I'd go here."

Aguilera proudly flashed her engagement ring but revealed that no wedding date has been set yet.

"I'm in the middle of finishing a record right now, so that's first and foremost," the singer said. "But I would love to have a winter wedding. That's my goal."

Another highlight? Jamie Foxx winning best actor for Ray because "he really nailed it," Aguilera said. "I do think Hotel Rwanda was a great film that didn't get enough attention. It made me want to go join the U.N."

Source: USA TODAY

E!'s Party Girl At The Oscars

There are also the not-to-be-outdone stars, themselves, like a blue organza-swathed Christina Aguilera settling into a downy cream couch with her fiancé, Jordan Bratman...

Drinks: The official beverage of Oscar is, what else, Champagne. Cristal, Perrier Jouët, Dom Perignon...all the bubbly biggies. Eschewing the headache-inducer drink in favor of hydration are Hayek and Aguilera, who instead sip bottles of Evian.

Party Pooper: Hey, Xtina, I was hoping for some action from you! She looks absolutely adorable in her poufy powder blue dress and blond Marilyn Monroe tresses, but she hardly seems to be having a blast. From the moment she arrived, she has done nothing but snuggle with her fiancé. In between exchanging little lovey kisses, the two check their cell phones and just sorta, well, sit there.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Recent Christina & Jordy Pics
Old 03-09-2005, 10:45 PM
Passionate Fan

Wow Christina has her hair straight again?? it's such a nice change. I like the up do, very elegant!

purplestar
Old 03-10-2005, 08:26 AM
Master Fan

Yay, the Marilyn hair has gone. Heh. So glad that she seems to be moving on. She looks so much better like this.

So thrilled about the new album. Argh. Bursting with excitement.

Squeee!
Old 03-10-2005, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I always wanted to see how her ring looked...well here it is:

It's very pretty....

She looks cute here.

So in

Old 03-10-2005, 06:53 PM
Passionate Fan

Pat the ring does look pretty. she's so happy..
Old 03-11-2005, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

She truly is...good for her. Now she needs to make us happy and release her album.
Old 03-12-2005, 03:46 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_J_23
She truly is...good for her. Now she needs to make us happy and release her album.
Yes, she does!
Old 03-12-2005, 01:34 PM
New Fan

shes got one heck of a rock
Old 03-13-2005, 06:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I her ring. Its very unique.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:20 AM
Passionate Fan

NEW PICTURES

At Steve Sollitto's (her make-up artist) surprise party at The Abbey
March 12, 2005