Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2005, 09:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCkLeS4dAwSoN
Oh, no, I wasn't referring to you, sorry.

So, what was everyone's fav. part of this movie?
For me it was when he yells at Charlie as a test and Charlie passes. I thought Gene did that amazingly.
you're like the cold December snow in the warm July sun
icon by querita @ livejoural
Sofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 10:02 PM
Master Fan

"WRONG, sir - WRONG!"

So.freakin'.powerful.and.scary. *shivers* That really is a great scene, Silver Dawn.

And of course it's followed by my all time favorite line, "So shines a great deed in a weary world."

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I lovek the opening with all the chocolate, omg, that is just incredible! And yes, seeing the inside of the chocolate factory for the first time, it's so magical!
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 07:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Awww, ok, I thought since they were different titles, it was okay, but I understand.
Yeah, the remake is to be called Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but I'm sure many people would get confused, since they have the same basic plot and all.

Anyway, I loved this movie. Gene used to scare me a little when he did the screaming thing at the end, because I thought he was mean to do it... but now I think it's a great scene.

I loved the Oompa Loompas; but I have to say I always loved when everyone enters the colorful room where all the scenery is candy - I always wanted to go there.
barbeegurl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 08:49 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Oh, no, I wasn't referring to you, sorry.

So, what was everyone's fav. part of this movie?
My favorite part is when they first see the candy paradise and Gene Wilder sings pure imagination. Of course, it's a little obvious that some of the candy there were just actually painted balloons and styrofoam, but it was just

Til further notice
I'm in between
From where I'm standing
My grass is green
Princess Bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love the whole "Pure Imagination" song too! Omg, just everytime I see this movie it's like an experience, I love it!

I love the ending when Willy tells Charlie "Oh, but Charlie, you remember what happened to the young boy who suddendly got everything he want...he lived happily ever after."

Oh, about Gene scaring you, see he never scared be, but Johnny does in the trailers for the remake, lol.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder what the gilmore girls would think about the remake since it was in season 1

The start of the movie with chocolates showing yum
Old 07-05-2005, 03:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Who was everyone's fav. kid, besides Charlie?
Old 07-05-2005, 05:12 AM
Elite Fan

I thought Veruca was cool. She could be a real b**ch though! But that's what I like about her

I have a lot of favorite scenes but this one had me rolling. It was during the scene when Augustus was drowning in the Chocolate River

Mrs. Gloop: Don't just stand there, do something!!
Willy Wonka: Help...police...murder

And Willy Wonka obviously doesn't care.

Well, I saw the trailer of the new movie and since this is gonna be a bit OT, I don't see Veruca and Violet being friends (Sorriez, that "Let's be friends" line in the commercial kinda threw me off)
Lain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 09:45 PM
Master Fan

Oh, gosh - I love it all, the "Pure Imagination" song , the opening chocolate productions scenes, the grandparents in the same bed (which, when you think about it, is a bit creepy and weird), Verouca, Violet...actually, I guess the things that disturbed me, since I saw this in the theater when it first came out (I was just the age of the kids), were the other boys - I hated Augustus and the cowboy kid...

Okay, I have too many thoughts about this and they're rushing my mind keeping me from being able to comment!

One thing, which I don't know if any of you are old enough to remember, but when the movie came out they carried most of the candies in the movie. Sure, a few still exist, but they actually stopped making them all and then brought them back. It was kind of cool (now they're pretty standard as far as flavors go, although they were rather unusual back then).

Oh! Oh! I know - the opening scenes at the factory when the seemingly old Willy Wonka comes hobbling out, get's his can stuck, then "falls" and tumbles. Genius - I so SERIOUSLY *heart* Gene Wilder!

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 11:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think I love the "cowboy" kid
Old 07-05-2005, 11:11 PM
Elite Fan

I'm so glad I found this thread!! I absolutely this movie. The original will always hold a special place in my heart and it's the reason I Gene Wilder. There was something so natural yet magical about his incarnation of Willy Wonka.

I agree his introduction with the cane was fantastic. No one else could have quite pulled that off.

I borrowed a friend's DVD and listened to the commentary by the child actors (obviously as adults) while watching the movie and it was great. They said that none of the golden ticket winners or their family members were allowed to see the Pure Imagination room until the camera was rolling. So the reactions you see in the film are the actual reactions of the actors when they saw the room for the first time.
I always think it is great when the actor's genuine reaction is used in films because it brings a lot of reality to the project.

I think Veruca was my favorite character because I love her song. That whole scene showed she had some talent because of the way she flipped from one attitude to another. I just loved her sassiness.

I think my favorite thing about the movie though is that as things progress, Willy Wonka's hair gets crazier and crazier. Gene Wilder seemed to take the character to a level that you aren't expecting. From the unpassionate decrees of "Stop....don't" etc. to the very passionate anger he thrusts as Charlie you never seem to know what's going to happen next.

It's just an all-around great film!
Kate #144
SOD
Kate & the Star Whores
Dreams are like paper. They tear so easily. ~ Gilda Radner
icon by unknown
dizzy_izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 11:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
They said that none of the golden ticket winners or their family members were allowed to see the Pure Imagination room until the camera was rolling. So the reactions you see in the film are the actual reactions of the actors when they saw the room for the first time.
That's a great idea
Old 07-06-2005, 01:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzy_izzy
I think my favorite thing about the movie though is that as things progress, Willy Wonka's hair gets crazier and crazier. Gene Wilder seemed to take the character to a level that you aren't expecting. From the unpassionate decrees of "Stop....don't" etc. to the very passionate anger he thrusts as Charlie you never seem to know what's going to happen next.

He probably doesn't want the bad kids to come back anyway. This happened in both scenes with Violet and Mike, he was like..."Stop...don't...come back"
Lain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 04:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzy_izzy
I'm so glad I found this thread!! I absolutely this movie. The original will always hold a special place in my heart and it's the reason I Gene Wilder. There was something so natural yet magical about his incarnation of Willy Wonka.

I agree his introduction with the cane was fantastic. No one else could have quite pulled that off.

I borrowed a friend's DVD and listened to the commentary by the child actors (obviously as adults) while watching the movie and it was great. They said that none of the golden ticket winners or their family members were allowed to see the Pure Imagination room until the camera was rolling. So the reactions you see in the film are the actual reactions of the actors when they saw the room for the first time.
I always think it is great when the actor's genuine reaction is used in films because it brings a lot of reality to the project.

I think Veruca was my favorite character because I love her song. That whole scene showed she had some talent because of the way she flipped from one attitude to another. I just loved her sassiness.

It's just an all-around great film!
Aww, glad to have you a part of the thread as well!

I liked Veruca too when I was a kid, I was the spoiled single child, brat like she was, so I could related, LOL.

I loved her song as well "I want today. I want tomorrow! I want wrap it all up in my pocket, give it to me NOW! I want the world..."
Reply   Post New Thread