Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2022, 10:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Is that pretty good? I did not know of it.
DreamWorks traditional animation

an underrated IMO beautifully animated movie with a soundtrack featuring Hans Zimmer score and Bryan Adams songs

and Matt Damon does the inner dialogues/monologues and thoughts for the main horse character Spirit

no talking animals in this one
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
Happy Belated 20th Anniversary to Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron being released in theaters. It was about a week ago.
currently re-watching

the nostalgia this movie still has over me and hits

once that music starts playing

seriously no other early 2000s animated movie compares for me
a belated anniversary re-watch rn

my favorite characters are Spirit, Little Creek, and Rain

and my favorite relationships are between Spirit and Little Creek

and Spirit and Rain

+ What would you rate this movie out of 5 stars?

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 06-11-2022 at 10:55 PM
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

my favorite scenes from the movie below

Old 07-21-2022, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

FINAL DESTINATION 5 (2011)

I hate that this canonically stands as a prequel to the first movie.

The only good part of the movie was the few inventive death scenes.

Aside from that? The brilliant Tony Todd was underused (and looked comically bored), the new characters were all bland and poorly acted, the lead couple were terrible

And the fact that this had to desperately link itself to the superior original at the end says it all. They knew this was the only way to pull in even a minute of the audience's interest and yet it's not even a clever tactic. It's cheap to rely on archive footage to try and give your story a last minute sense of purpose.

I slightly preferred this to the second movie, but I hated that one so it's not saying much.

ratings wise, I'd give it no more than 4/10 aka stars
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 08:07 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Wow, I disagree hard with you on FD5. I only like the first, second, and this film out of the whole series. I think it had great deaths (Especially the girl getting the eye laser surgery *cringes*) I also thought that one guy losing his mind cause his girlfriend died, and killing others to stay alive longer was interesting. The twist at the end was one of the best things about the film! When I first saw it, I was shocked and floored! I loved it, especially cause I didn't see it coming at all. Final Destination 5 is way better than the third and fourth film IMO.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Wow, I disagree hard with you on FD5. I only like the first, second, and this film out of the whole series. I think it had great deaths (Especially the girl getting the eye laser surgery *cringes*) I also thought that one guy losing his mind cause his girlfriend died, and killing others to stay alive longer was interesting. The twist at the end was one of the best things about the film! When I first saw it, I was shocked and floored! I loved it, especially cause I didn't see it coming at all. Final Destination 5 is way better than the third and fourth film IMO.
It's rare that you and I disagree on movies

Yep, unfortunately I can't be swayed on this one. I really didn't like the cast in the fifth movie, nor did I like the script. Its only positive to me was the isolated death scenes. They came up with some interesting ones (the acupuncture one was clever, and the botched laser eye surgery one really got me, as it hit close to home )

I hated the main three actors, especially the two who die on the plane at the end. I recognized the girl from the Dallas TV remake and she was bad in that, too.

I liked the third movie a lot, for the same reason as the first one - the cast were good. Its plot wasn't as strong as the first movie but I found Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Ryan Merriman to be very sympathetic in their roles. I also loved the guy who played the goth who worked in the store.

The fifth one was too busy concerning itself with the 3D effects and cared a lot less about making the characters people to root for.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 08-31-2022, 07:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Dragon Ball Super new Anime from Toi animation . If you’re not a fan of the Dragon Ball series it’s not worth seeing because you wouldn’t get half of the inside references . The 4K animation the story was well told
Old 11-13-2022, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Black Panther Wakanda forever … i am not very good and doing reviews ! I enjoy the movie to a point … I don’t like the way they introduced prince namor … . Otherwise I enjoyed the movie I thought It ran a little long
Old 12-24-2022, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

9/11: Ten Years Later [2011]

This is an updated docudrama of the 2002 Naudet brothers film, 9/11. With some heartfelt narration by actor Robert De Niro (who clearly adores New York and is literally shown to be standing on the top of a broken city), the film revisits the horrors captured on camera of the terrorist attacks in America that day whilst also catching up with the firemen & cameramen from that day, to reinforce their ongoing suffering ten years later.

It is harrowing, raw and real. The mental suffering of that day is apparent, the survivors' guilt among the brave firemen who risked their lives that today in an attempt to save others. It is a story of boys becoming men, of ordinary people becoming extraordinary... The Naudet brothers and Jim Hanlon edited this film together beautifully. They give a poignant voice and a first eyewitness account of the very first plane hitting the tower, providing the only known footage of that moment.

Documentaries are not for everyone. That said, nine times out of ten, they prove to be the most beneficiary depiction of a real event for audiences to learn from. You're understanding it from the people who were there, not listening to a scripted performance or an edited viewpoint. This film is a success because it's fearless in its patriotism and it prioritizes emotion over story-telling. Using close-up shots of the courageous firemen, It urges you to understand a perspective of that day that is not widely known. That of men who narrowly avoided a terrible death that day, but went on to experience an aggressive burdening and ultimately succumb to further terrors later in life.

If history is important to you, if mankind's survival intrigues you - this film is for you.

5/5 rating
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-28-2022, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Leave Her to Heaven [1945] - History/Drama/Romance

+ What did you like best about the movie? Why?

An unflinching portrayal of a femme fatale; a rare story-arc involving a deranged woman who will stop at nothing to make others as miserable as herself. It also doesn't allow her actions to go unpunished, which is a rarity for a movie with a central female lead.

+ What did you like least about the film? Why?

Could have done with more scenes involving the brilliant Vincent Price. Also, Richard should've been more upfront with crazy Ellen about his feelings for Ruth and his anger over his brother's murder. People let Ellen dictate things for way too long. I know that's the point of the story, but it gets a little ridiculous.

+ Who was your favorite character in the movie? Why?

I think Ruth is very admirable. Her love for Richard is unselfish, making her the entire opposite of her brutal sister.

+ Who was your least favorite character in the film? Why?

Ellen is the obvious answer. Killing a young boy and framing your sister for your death is despicable.
But I would also add Russell, because in spite of my love for Vincent Price, his character is embarrassing in his devotion to Ellen - who made a mockery of his love for her till the very end.

+ Comments:

A very well made noir romance/drama with a gripping performance of an extremely irritating lead character.

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-29-2023, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES -- Fantasy/Drama/Action

The pit scene bringing heroic closure to Thomas Wayne's epic quote "why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up"

It's pretty much guilty of what Spider-Man 3 was accused of: Over-crowding of characters and plots.
The Selina/Bruce ending is not earned at all.
Miranda's swift turn to Talia feels like a cheap way to bump Selina up to Bruce's endgame girl.
The Mayor and Bane's deaths are clearly rushed.
Cillian Murphy was forced into this just like in TDK and it totally mocks his great and important role in Batman Begins. His character looks on drugs in this one
Rachel Dawes' entire history with Bruce is undermined and basically destroyed by means of forcing Bruce to move on with a superwoman.
Bruce surviving the atomic bomb is the biggest JUMP THE SHARK material I've ever seen put to film.
Alfred's "I envision you in a Paris cafe" romantic wish being fulfilled is way too sappy for a Batman movie.

Bane. Somebody said it sounds like Sean Connery putting his voice through a muffled speaker and now I can't unhear it oh and Tom punching that pillar was bad a s s

Alfred is basically exposition in this movie. He's just there to say "stop trying to kill yourself", "get over Rachel already", "go to that cafe in Paris" and sadly doesn't feel like a real person anymore. Just a voiceover tool for Bruce's conscience. He was better utilized in Batman Begins. He had personality back then.

+ Comments:

Not the best of the trilogy nor even the second best.
A solid conclusion when compared to most third trilogy instalments that's for sure, but I'm not keen on the whole time jump because I just got the impression that Nolan wanted everyone to forget where Bruce came from and his closeness to Rachel Dawes, who we were initially led to believe was his soulmate. Selina Kyle is in this one just for the sake of Catwoman being in a Batman series. It doesn't feel like a natural romance arc.
I don't like Bruce having to leave Gotham behind in the end, either.
A bonus was the score of course, always great to hear Zimmer.
Plus Christian Bale was SUPERB in the emotional beats plus he had a whole lot of physical strength to prove in this one and really held his own against Tom Hardy
Have to say that the movie would have had more resonance had they actually had the guts to kill Bruce in the atomic bomb. Bringing him back was a stretch beyond believability.

7.5/10
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-30-2023, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Totally should’ve done this for Guardians of the Galaxy 1 when I re-watched it last August

I’ll do one soon
Old 10-08-2023, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

My Fault [2023] - Indie/Drama/Romance [Spanish with English Subtitles, Amazon Prime, based on Mercedes Ron's novel]

Fantastic chemistry between the leads and brilliant performances. Understatement to say that both of these things are rare for a book adaptation of its genre. Also really well paced, never boring nor too quick; the racing scenes are exhilarating and the romance is swooning.

A rare time to say, no flaws! I liked everything. Secondary performances served well. Soundtrack is gripping. Script was faithful to the book.

Noah Morgan, brilliantly played by the beautiful Nicole Wallace. A funny drunk has cute scenes with the dog and step-sister. Strong without being arrogant or condescending, doesn't put up with Nick's nonsense. Equal and passionate partnership.

Nick literally calls Anna "the typical school bully" and he's not wrong. Cliche situation of the hot mean girl can't figure out why the hot mean guy prefers the new well-behaved vulnerably girl to her so she goes out of her way to interfere.

+ Comments:

I hope Gabriel and Nicole are in many more projects together. They play off each other so well, humorously and romantically. They just click.
I was impressed by how the N/N relationship was portrayed and filmed with so much intimacy, especially given the Covid restrictions at the time of filming.
The villains are not over the top. That's rare. Kudos to the actors of Noah's father and Ronnie who could have easily toppled over into exaggerated violent performances; they levelled and grounded it so well.
I am SO looking forward to the continuation of Nick and Noah's romance in YOUR FAULT and OUR FAULT which have been confirmed by Amazon and currently being filmed

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 10-09-2023, 10:23 AM
Elite Fan

Totally Killer [] Fun movie. Kiernan was great. It was campy. Hilarious. Somewhat scary/intense/inventive. I had a blast watching it. I'd highly recommend especially for Halloween viewing.

kenny | credit

Last edited by smoothaise; 10-11-2023 at 10:32 AM
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 01:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

I enjoyed watching that too in October

Agreed

It was campy and fun

It was interesting how Kiernan’s dad was played by lochlyn munroe

To me it felt like another Sabrina riverdale crossover and also a tribute to slashers specifically scream with some back to the future elements mixed in
Old 12-22-2023, 03:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

sharing this here

Sharing my thoughts about 2 movies I recently watched for the first time 2 nights ago

Quote:
The first one was a movie called Shortcomings that came out earlier this year

an indie movie

dramedy

My favorite character was the friend played by Sherry Cola

I appreciated the lesbian representation in this movie with her character and her performance was personally my favorite of the movie

in general I liked the Asian American representation in the movie as someone who is also of Asian American heritage myself

I did like the filmmaking/storytelling style

it reminded me of (500) Days of Summer with the passage of time and the usage of the title cards to represent that

I also liked the general discussion of cinema as someone who loves cinema
Quote:
The second one called laggies was also an indie movie

romantic dramedy

I found it randomly when I was browsing amazon prime video looking for something to watch

never heard of it before

this one came out in 2014 and has famous faces like keira knightley, chloe grace moretz, and sam rockwell to name a few

I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I ended up doing

I thought I would like it because I like keira and chloe in other things I've seen them in but I ended up liking it more than I initially thought I would

haven't seen sam rockwell in a lot of things but I did like him in this movie

I thought both keira and chloe did really good acting and their dynamic and chemistry with each other was really good

it was definitely relatable for me with keira's character as someone also in my late 20s to also feel like I'm floating aimlessly in life

recommend this one especially if you are a fan of keira and chloe's acting
Reply   Post New Thread