Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2004, 04:49 PM
Ultimate Fan

Troy (2004) #1: "War is young men fighting and old men talking..."

Well, given the mixed reactions to the film from the other thread, I think it would be interesting to conduct a poll:

Which scene in the movie made you wish there was a portal between real life and a movie screen so you could slap the actors and the director and do everything yourself, only right this time?

Now those of you who didn't like the movie, you can't cheat and say "EVERY SCENE"......I'll be back with my answer later.

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]

Last edited by sumiregusa; 06-17-2004 at 01:07 PM
sumiregusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 09:10 AM
Elite Fan

Re: Troy: "War is young men fighting and old men talking..." **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Quote:
Originally posted by The Fifth Element

Now those of you who didn't like the movie, you can't cheat and say "EVERY SCENE"......I'll be back with my answer later.
**** there goes my answer...now I have to really think

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 11:01 AM
Banned

If Character counts then Paris when he ran from gettin killed n was hangin onto his bro, but other than that i like the film.
sexypinkdots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

I would have changed Hector's death scene.

Sasha
S.A.S.H.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 02:56 AM
Absolute Fan

Strifer

now it's just another popcorn flick.

i think thats a bit of a cope out, im not having a go at you i really am interested in your opipion.
i dont think it will go down as another pop corn flick it touched me and many other people i know very dramtically

anywho what i woudl change

i would change the look brad pitt makes just after he is talking to his mother he has this whole movie stare happening, makes me laugh everytime, look so corny

i think they had to have the scene of paris running away from Menelaus it showed what paris was all about, how weak and coyish he is
‎''The Dark Lord will rise again, Crouch! Throw us into Azkaban, we will wait! He will rise again and will come for us, he will reward us beyond any of his other supporters! We alone were faithful! We alone tried to find him!''
ImmortallyUsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 02:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by S.A.S.H.A.
I would have changed Hector's death scene.

Sasha
O_o i wanna change that 2!!! So sad
Old 06-20-2004, 06:59 AM
Elite Fan

I liked the death scene. Noble of him to fight, but he should have taken Helen back when shee was shown to him.
Old 06-20-2004, 12:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by **Benji's Trucka Hat**
Strifer

now it's just another popcorn flick.

i think thats a bit of a cope out, im not having a go at you i really am interested in your opipion.
i dont think it will go down as another pop corn flick it touched me and many other people i know very dramtically
I wrote an extensive review on the previous thread...where I explained in detail what my opinion of the movie is, so I don't think that I "copped out" by any means. The Illiad has also touched many people, including me when I was 12 years old and read it or the translation of it.

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 05:48 PM
New Fan

I finally watched the film.I know i should have seen it before but i couldn't have a chance.

The movie is better than i expected after what i heard how much they changed the book.I loved the movie.

I was kind of suprised because when i watched the trailer it was said "if love is worth fighting for" i thought the movie will focus on Paris and Helen's love. they didnt seem that in love, if you know what i mean.when i walked out the theather all i thought about was just Achilles and Briseis's love.I loved the lovestory of them! best part of the entire film, by far and also there is Hector.The role of Hector came to life perfectly with Eric Bana.The movie changed my opinion about him.

Also Rose Byrne.She did it really good, so good that I love the character.

Also Hector's baby he is the cutest baby i've ever seen
Stargate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 02:13 PM
Passionate Fan

Helen and Hector's scenes....i thought they look like they were in love or something...to weird...
Orlando Bloom....every single scene....i think he can do so much better than that...

"I do feel that I play beautiful tennis" ...arrogant?...no, just the truth Lleyton Hewitt

"Ephram: You gotta stop doing that.
Amy: What?
Ephram: Saying things that make me wanna kiss you"
*MaRiGoLd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 12:14 AM
Absolute Fan

marigold
ima have to diagree with you on orlando doing it better than that
i mean he was supposed to act like that he was playing paris

anywho does anyone have the movie script yet?
can anyone find it online ?
‎''The Dark Lord will rise again, Crouch! Throw us into Azkaban, we will wait! He will rise again and will come for us, he will reward us beyond any of his other supporters! We alone were faithful! We alone tried to find him!''
Old 06-29-2004, 09:17 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by **Benji's Trucka Hat**
marigold
ima have to diagree with you on orlando doing it better than that
i mean he was supposed to act like that he was playing paris
Yeah i know...but he's fighting for the love of his life...he's starting a war....and that's how he reacts?....i'm not sayig he did it wrong...i'm just saying that he could do so much better than that...

"I do feel that I play beautiful tennis" ...arrogant?...no, just the truth Lleyton Hewitt

Old 06-29-2004, 09:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by *MaRiGoLd*
Helen and Hector's scenes....i thought they look like they were in love or something...to weird...
Orlando Bloom....every single scene....i think he can do so much better than that...
I think Orlando did a super job!! He made me look at him a sneer at his pathic wimpyness. Everyone was takin in on his wimpyness, which shows how good his acting is. It was Orlandos chance to show his fans a different side of him and im glad he did it. I mean who wants to watch a guy that does the same role after role.....?
Old 06-29-2004, 10:42 AM
Passionate Fan

I dont know....the thing at the end...with the arrow...made think of Legolas all over again....and i'm not saying that he did a bad job....not at all!!...please dont think that!!
I'm just trying to explain that he could do so much better....

Old 06-30-2004, 02:24 AM
Absolute Fan

i know what your saying marigold

but thats always going to be a tough thing for orli to get away with

whever he picks up a bow and arrow he will always be legolas

i personally thought he did very very very well and he contrasted away from legolas very well
well those are my thoughts

i watched it for the 4th time today i cant get enough of it
Reply   Post New Thread