Josef Sommer as Palmer Strickland
Nicky Katt as Joey Corto
Richard Edson as Tick
Michael Jace as Wade Beemer
David Packer as Lane

(Info courtesy of
Wikipedia)

Summary:

Set in the year 1999 during the last days of the old millennium, the movie tells the story of Lenny Nero, an ex-cop who now deals with data-discs containing recorded memories and emotions. One day he receives a disc which contains the memories of a murderer killing a prostitute. Lenny investigates and is pulled deeper and deeper in a whirl of blackmail, murder and rape. Will he survive and solve the case? (Info courtesy of IMDB)

DVD/VHS/Blu-Ray/Soundtrack:

DVD | Blu-Ray | VHS | Movie Soundtrack

Lenny & Mace {Lenace} Shipper Thread:

I just saw this movie this morning & I loved it and I especially looove Mace & Lenny together I definitely ship them now!! Anyone else love this movie??

Last edited by 80s90sIsTheBest; 09-22-2013 at 07:55 PM
80s90sIsTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:42 PM
Elite Fan

I've loved this movie for years now. I saw it again a few months ago and I loved it still.

Yes! Haha. Mace and Lenny are awesome. I think I cheered when they finally got together.
ROCKSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR (View Post)
I've loved this movie for years now. I saw it again a few months ago and I loved it still.

Yes! Haha. Mace and Lenny are awesome. I think I cheered when they finally got together.
Yeah it's kinda of strange though with this romance because usually it's the man who pursues or wants the woman in the movie about romance, but in this case it was Mace who did so it was kinda of a role reversal there. I love the movie, but at the same it was a weird one too because I don't like the sci-fi types, but this one was a little different thank goodness and I loved Angela Bassett she's always an amazing actress! This was definitely a different role for her and I'm glad she took it because she's right she usually ends up playing victims of things so I loved this for her it let her do something else besides play the victim or get hurt or have a trauma going on with her character. I didn't really know anything about this movie all I knew was that Angela was in it and I've always respected her work and loved her as an actress and that's really the reason I watched it in the first place so I was surprised when Mace & Lenny got together in the end, but at the same time throughout the movie I noticed that she kept on protecting him for some reason I didn't know why wondered about it and I kinda sensed that she might be in love with him, but wasn't quite sure because they didn't really have that romantic all out chemistry for that they seemed like just friends. Don't get me wrong I loved that they got together I love them with each other and this movie was quite long too, but I was really into it so I didn't mind..Now I feel like watching it again. I even already have a shipper name for them too yeah I'm weird - it's Lenace cute huh?
Old 09-24-2013, 06:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevneyIs4ever (View Post)
Yeah it's kinda of strange though with this romance because usually it's the man who pursues or wants the woman in the movie about romance, but in this case it was Mace who did so it was kinda of a role reversal there. I love the movie, but at the same it was a weird one too because I don't like the sci-fi types, but this one was a little different thank goodness and I loved Angela Bassett she's always an amazing actress! This was definitely a different role for her and I'm glad she took it because she's right she usually ends up playing victims of things so I loved this for her it let her do something else besides play the victim or get hurt or have a trauma going on with her character. I didn't really know anything about this movie all I knew was that Angela was in it and I've always respected her work and loved her as an actress and that's really the reason I watched it in the first place so I was surprised when Mace & Lenny got together in the end, but at the same time throughout the movie I noticed that she kept on protecting him for some reason I didn't know why wondered about it and I kinda sensed that she might be in love with him, but wasn't quite sure because they didn't really have that romantic all out chemistry for that they seemed like just friends. Don't get me wrong I loved that they got together I love them with each other and this movie was quite long too, but I was really into it so I didn't mind..Now I feel like watching it again. I even already have a shipper name for them too yeah I'm weird - it's Lenace cute huh?
Ha! Love the ship name! It sounds cute. Oh I know. That's one of the reasons I love the movie. Angela B. is playing a different role and the movie itself truly is strange. Hee. I love sci-fi so I watched this movie ages ago and loved it. I saw it again recently and discovered I was still into it.

LOL I was just going to say that I want to watch it again now. They had great chemistry so I was pleasantly surprised they got together. I loved her protecting him and being a good friend. It was just cool.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Ha! Love the ship name! It sounds cute. Oh I know. That's one of the reasons I love the movie. Angela B. is playing a different role and the movie itself truly is strange. Hee. I love sci-fi so I watched this movie ages ago and loved it. I saw it again recently and discovered I was still into it.

LOL I was just going to say that I want to watch it again now. They had great chemistry so I was pleasantly surprised they got together. I loved her protecting him and being a good friend. It was just cool.
Yeah it is cute and I'm surprised too that they got together because usually it's the man whose attracted and pursues (guess that's the word) the woman but this is a little different which I love it's a different way of looking at that type of thing. Yes it is very strange for Angela to be in that type of movie but that's good because she's always is victims in movies so this was great in having her do something different than she usually did and she even said that to an extent as well which I agree I think this movie is my favorite of hers that she's done and I haven't really seen her in much either.

I'm also surprised that I managed to find a couple of fanfiction stories on Mace/Lenny too! I just wish I could find a chaptered fic now on them. If I could just find that then I'd be happy. BTW I sent you a friend request.

Last edited by 80s90sIsTheBest; 09-24-2013 at 10:18 PM
Old 09-30-2013, 08:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah it is cute and I'm surprised too that they got together because usually it's the man whose attracted and pursues (guess that's the word) the woman but this is a little different which I love it's a different way of looking at that type of thing. Yes it is very strange for Angela to be in that type of movie but that's good because she's always is victims in movies so this was great in having her do something different than she usually did and she even said that to an extent as well which I agree I think this movie is my favorite of hers that she's done and I haven't really seen her in much either.

I'm also surprised that I managed to find a couple of fanfiction stories on Mace/Lenny too! I just wish I could find a chaptered fic now on them. If I could just find that then I'd be happy. BTW I sent you a friend request.
It's great. I wish movies would show us this kind of relationship more often. Angela was super assertive and awesome and also had a crush and got her crush! Haha. Amazing stuff.

Hee! I didn't know there was fanfiction. Cute!! I accepted the request! I've been on and off in the past week because of school but I'm catching up!
Old 10-01-2013, 05:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It's great. I wish movies would show us this kind of relationship more often. Angela was super assertive and awesome and also had a crush and got her crush! Haha. Amazing stuff.

Hee! I didn't know there was fanfiction. Cute!! I accepted the request! I've been on and off in the past week because of school but I'm catching up!
Yes I wish we did too!! It's weird because as I re watched it a 2nd time I realized that Lenny wasn't that stupid he knew Mace was in love with him! and as I watched it a 3rd time just yesterday (I now have the DVD so I can watch anytime) I also realized that Mace was a bit..jealous of Lenny or even Lenny & Faith because of course she was in love with him I can't believe I didn't notice these things the first time, but I guess as they say you learn something new everyday.

As for Mace & Lenny they are an odd couple, but somehow they make it work between them and make a great time you know what I mean.

I think when they finally got together that they were able to make it work out and stayed together and maybe even got married that's what I like to think happened.

And yes there is fanfiction for the movie it's all up in the OP page I've linked all of the ones I've found (so far there might be more I'll keep on looking around for more & new ones)

And yes I've always loved Angela's work she's just one amazing actress!! Very versatile which I don't want to say it's rare, but you don't run across it often. I'm trying to see more of her work, but I think this movie is like up there as a favorite of mine.

It's so sad though that this movie is so underrated too and I don't know why it's so awesome!! At the same time it's a confusing movie at first you know because of all the clips and stuff, but you start to get it.

I also downloaded the soundtrack from the movie pretty amazing stuff on that!

And thanks for accepting the friend request!
Old 10-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Elite Fan

But of course!

I haven't seen the movie in a while so I may have to schedule something soon just to refresh my memories of all the details since it's on Netflix. Haha. Yeah. She was completely jealous! Right. I love how unconventional their thing is from beginning to end. And I think they definitely stayed together. In their crazy world they managed to find something real.

It's sad the movie's underrated, but it's still out there which is cool.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
But of course!

I haven't seen the movie in a while so I may have to schedule something soon just to refresh my memories of all the details since it's on Netflix. Haha. Yeah. She was completely jealous! Right. I love how unconventional their thing is from beginning to end. And I think they definitely stayed together. In their crazy world they managed to find something real.

It's sad the movie's underrated, but it's still out there which is cool.
Wow it's on Netflix! I heard it was, but wasn't sure wow that's awesome & you should definitely watch it again to refresh! Did you know that there's 2 deleted scenes on the DVD that were never shown in the DVD? Since I now own the DVD I've seen them and wow the first one is very intense!

And yeah I hate that a lot of the great movies are so underrated too because they are classics! unlike the movies/TV shows now which they just thrown together there's nothing great about them or they are just about subjects and not messages (good ones) it's horrible how everything's changed now from back then.

BTW you should also read those fanfiction stories on them & start posting in the Mace & Lenny thread

Last edited by 80s90sIsTheBest; 10-02-2013 at 06:16 AM
Old 10-10-2013, 08:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Wow it's on Netflix! I heard it was, but wasn't sure wow that's awesome & you should definitely watch it again to refresh! Did you know that there's 2 deleted scenes on the DVD that were never shown in the DVD? Since I now own the DVD I've seen them and wow the first one is very intense!

And yeah I hate that a lot of the great movies are so underrated too because they are classics! unlike the movies/TV shows now which they just thrown together there's nothing great about them or they are just about subjects and not messages (good ones) it's horrible how everything's changed now from back then.

BTW you should also read those fanfiction stories on them & start posting in the Mace & Lenny thread
Yup! Oh I didn't know. I love those details. It's fun when DVDs come full of extras like that.

There's a lot a good TV now but not nearly enough great movies. Something happened to the movie industry; they need to recover and start making exciting stuff again.

I'll check them out during Christmas break. Oh sure, I'll try to make my way over there.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yup! Oh I didn't know. I love those details. It's fun when DVDs come full of extras like that.

There's a lot a good TV now but not nearly enough great movies. Something happened to the movie industry; they need to recover and start making exciting stuff again.

I'll check them out during Christmas break. Oh sure, I'll try to make my way over there.
Yeah now w/ movies they just throw things together that's what happened with movies and TV shows no one cares anymore about anything and all of the topics now with TV shows & Movies are about violence/sex/drugs no one writes meaningful and important things anymore.

And great!
Old 10-26-2013, 05:06 PM
Elite Fan

Few movies have actual stories.

BTW, denofgeek listed Strange Days as #1 underappreciated movie of 1995. Unsurprisingly, we agree. The top 25 underappreciated films of 1995

Here's part or their write-up:

Quote:
Strange Days divided critical opinion, too, though we're rather inclined to go with the late Roger Ebert on this one, who gave it four-out-of-four and praised the power of its visuals and ideas. Set in a near future Los Angeles where a people can vicariously enjoy the memories of others via a virtual reality machine called a Squid, the film's about Lenny (Ralph Fiennes) a black market vendor of these experiences. When Lenny comes into possession of a snuff Squid memory, he's drawn into a conspiracy that involves corrupt cops and murder.

The VR theme may date Strange Days somewhat, but it's without doubt the most complex and interesting 90s film to deal with this technology - like Christopher Nolan's Inception, Bigelow's film depicts the Squid device as an addictive drug, and her collision of violence and voyeurism give Strange Days an uneasy added dimension. The most underrated mainstream film of 1995? For us, it really is.
Old 10-26-2013, 05:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Few movies have actual stories.

BTW, denofgeek listed Strange Days as #1 underappreciated movie of 1995. Unsurprisingly, we agree. The top 25 underappreciated films of 1995

Here's part or their write-up:
Thank you for that! and yes it's definitely underrated & unappreciated.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:15 AM
Elite Fan

This was one hell of a kiss!!! Damn & that look

Lence Love

Last edited by 80s90sIsTheBest; 11-16-2013 at 11:21 AM
Old 11-20-2013, 03:57 PM
Elite Fan

Wow! I actually did NOT remember that. Well, they did wait a long time.
Reply   Post New Thread