Register

Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2021, 04:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

A series not a movie, but I spy a whole bunch of familiar faces from the originals, prequels and sequels!

I spy a young Ben Solo being haunted and afraid

Trailer for Lego Star Wars: Terrifying Tales coming to Disney+ on October 1 ~

Chuck Blair
3 words, 8 letters
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

You know, I wonder if Rian Johnson ever looks back at the throne room scene in The Last Jedi and wishes he'd had Kylo choose Rey and make a great escape with her instead of what he actually did?

He was a big fan of those two characters as a duo (in all forms of the word) and I really believe he feels he let them down because of the terrible way that JJ Abrams and Chris Terrio handled them in The Rise of Skywalker.

They shared such intimacy in TLJ that TROS feels like a waste. With the exception of their kiss scene, there are so many pointless duels in TROS (reinforced by the presence of Palpatine supposedly) that it takes away the romanticism of it all and just makes it rather cold.

Look at Adam's acting here, FULLY focused on Daisy - he's portraying the character as determined to be with her.

Chuck Blair
3 words, 8 letters
Gwen
Old 09-18-2021, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Lynne Hale, head of Star Wars PR and over-seer of the Prequel movies, set to retire after 35 years. Congrats to her on a successful career and nice tribute tweet by Rian

Chuck Blair
3 words, 8 letters
Gwen
Old 10-07-2021, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

So, Marcia Lucas (George's former wife + editor of the original trilogy) spoke out on her view of the sequels and... Yeah, having read her point I can't blame her.

But I also agree with this tweet that counter-argues the fair point that we were led to assume Han + Luke + Leia's deaths would have some sort of positive outcome on their heir aka BEN SOLO who... Literally dies 15 minutes after being redeemed.

The fact that he's dead after an arc similar to his grandfather Anakin but somehow new girl Rey is free to adopt his mother's family name + we just have to endure it as 'The End'?

So it does feel like a waste of time and original characters were unfortunately tainted in the process of making what was clearly a not-clearly-thought-out sequel trilogy.

Chuck Blair
3 words, 8 letters
Gwen
Old 10-23-2021, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I love the symbolism in this TROS poster of red and blue combining to make purple for the Dyad (Ben/Rey) connection, evoking memories of the Grey Jedi from the books.

Chuck Blair
3 words, 8 letters
Gwen
Old 10-24-2021, 06:23 PM
Moderator Support Team

I got a Hot price of a buck on thsi Blue Ray Rise of Skywalker from the libary used book/ video shelf
[MCU Fan Art thread]
Make Them Laugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Director of latest WONDER WOMAN movies had "creative differences" with LucasFilm, causing her to exit the project

(In other news: water is wet )

Can we PLEASE stop churning out SW movies just for the hell of it?? It's getting ridiculous.

Chuck Blair
3 words, 8 letters
Gwen
Old 12-28-2021, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

remembering Carrie

yesterday marked 5 years of her passing
Old 12-29-2021, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I saw Mark Hamill tweeted the credit of her name in THE LAST JEDI that referred to her as "Our Princess"

I still think it greatly hurt the sequel trilogy that Carrie and Adam Driver were robbed of screen time together. Leia loved her son so deeply and wanted him to come home.

Chuck Blair
3 words, 8 letters
Gwen
Old 02-09-2022, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

So, I haven't watched the Boba Fett series but apparently Luke turns up

and it gave way to this extremely relevant article about the stupidity of de-aging beloved characters through CGI, plus a franchise's inability to strike a good balance of nostalgia and progression -

Chuck Blair
3 words, 8 letters
Gwen
Old 02-28-2022, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

We all know that Carrie was never one to refrain from honesty. If taken at face value, I can understand people feeling that she comes across as whiny and ungrateful in this quote BUT she makes valid points. Leia does fit into the "unnecessarily moody/angry" category for her attitude towards Han in the first two movies. And I also like that she appreciates ROTJ for emphasizing the warmer aspects of her personality. -

Chuck Blair
3 words, 8 letters
Gwen
Old 03-01-2022, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

The extremely underused actors of Knights of Ren

Chuck Blair
3 words, 8 letters
Gwen
Old 03-29-2022, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Some really interesting concept art for TROS

The Mustafar and Knights of Ren stuff should have been extended. Too much filler nonsense in this movie.

Chuck Blair
3 words, 8 letters
Gwen
Old 04-01-2022, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 04-05-2022, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

That's ironic; I watched youtuber Jeremy Jahns' review of Attack of the Clones recently and he thought it was a disgrace to the series that George let Samuel have a purple saber just because he personally thought it would be cool

I see Jeremy's point. Usually, everything needs justification in the Star Wars universe.

Chuck Blair
3 words, 8 letters
Gwen
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top