Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2004, 02:42 AM
Moderator Support Team

There was this baby in the theatre when I watched who cried a little sometimes at jumpy parts. But when Sunny says something (her goo goo ga gas), the baby would respond with a similar language.

I never read the books so I dunno if Jim Carrey was over the top or not to play the villain, but I did enjoy his performance. Violet was soooo pretty. I liked the movie a lot since it reminded me of the fantasy books I used to read as a kid. I like how a lot of things were kept secretive and mysterious throughout, like you never really get to see the faces of the parents and Jude Law. The art direction was just beautiful.

One thing though...a certain cameo in the movie was rather random.
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 02:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

Aw, I want to see this movie! But I never had the chance...I better try to go one of these days.
XxDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 04:52 AM
Master Fan

First time I have ever been creeped out by Jim Carry as one of his characters. I know it sounds silly but I am sure I am not alone when I say he was just creepy.

I did love the movie, the kids were great how much smarter they were then the grownups. But I think I like the books better, I have read the first one and in the middle of the second book.
Old 12-27-2004, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just got back with my brother from seeing this and I it! It was funny, adventurous and touching. Was it me or did anyone else jump a bit when that damn snake came popping out of thatat cage and at the camera? Sunny was such a cute baby! I wanted to hug her and Violet was beautiful and Klaus is going to be one sexy guy when he grows up

I think my favorite scene was when they were in their Aunt's house by the ocean and that storm started ruining the house. I noticed all that stuff that the Aunt was saying that was dangerous and all actually happened when the kids were in the house during the storm. It was pretty cool.
My LJ

Last edited by AutumnColorsღ; 12-27-2004 at 06:52 AM
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 07:32 AM
Elite Fan

I jumped too! Not the first time he jumped out, but when the typewriter jammed, and Snicket was like "Where were we? Ah yes, the snake." POP! That scared me.
Old 12-27-2004, 10:03 AM
Passionate Fan

I saw this the other night with my friends. I definately liked it; it just seemed a bit long to me, highlights were Jim Carrey and the Biting Baby with it's subtitles. And Klaus will be a nice looking guy, when he hits puberty I wonder how old he is?
Old 12-27-2004, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think he is 14 years old if Im not mistaken

JacquiJack- I jumped a bit at both parts but the first time the snake popping out of the cage, a few people in the audience including myself jumped
My LJ
Old 12-27-2004, 11:51 PM
Master Fan

maybe I'll go see this on Sunday with my nephews.

The more I think about it, the more appealing it is to me...

Claudia
Old 12-28-2004, 03:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Yep, Liam (Klaus) will be 15 this January, and man, when his big blue eyes filled the screen, I was almost floored He's just five months younger than me! Like butterflyz said, when he hits puberty, he'll pretty nice looking

I did enjoy the movie and I adored the end credits. The best I've ever seen, really. Then again I don't really stay for the credits since they're always boring, but these were amazing. Very creative.

Emily Browning is gorgeous and she played Violet so well. I really didn't find Jim Carrey much scary or funny either. He was really goofy and I know it is a comedy, but he has to be scary at some parts.

There's a ton of foreshadowing in this movie and it had elements of the first three books, so I think there will be probably be a sequel depending on how well it does (and I think it's doing pretty well).
Old 12-28-2004, 03:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

I wish I had stayed for the credits but my brother wanted to get home since we got out of the thearte at 2am.

I fount this pic of little Liam, isnt he cute!?

My LJ
Old 12-28-2004, 05:29 AM
Addicted Fan

Now I’ve read the first book, half of the second book and half of the third book, so I had an idea of what I was getting myself into by seeing the movie. I thought the movie was great! I think Jim Carrey made Count Olaf too much of a cool character which I wasn’t to happy with. Jude Law doing the voice over for Lemony Snicket didn’t go over with me well either but aside from that I loved the movie. Now if you don’t mind I need to go find my copies of the books and read through all of them.
Ms. Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 03:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

I saw this movie yesterday and I liked it. The acting and the scenery and everything was great. The setting was pretty confusing though. I don't know if I found it that funny though because the theater was packed and full of little kids who laughed histerically during funny parts which to me made the funny parts not so funny lol.

Does anyone know if they're going to make a sequel?
XxDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 09:04 PM
New Fan

I don;t like Jim Carry at all.. i only saw the movie because well i thought someone in it was kinda hot. Anyways I "as usual" Hated the charactor Jim played but the rest of the movie was wonderful!
Shenzi- He said we're mangy!
Banzi- Did i hear stupid?
Ed- Huh?
(From Brodway lion king)
Rafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 09:06 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by XxDreamer

Does anyone know if they're going to make a sequel?
Yeah they are already half way done with it.
All the charactors will be the same except for Sunny
Shenzi- He said we're mangy!
Banzi- Did i hear stupid?
Ed- Huh?
(From Brodway lion king)
Rafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 09:56 PM
Elite Fan

Sunny will be played by a different actress/es?! The twins who played her this time were soooo cute!
Reply   Post New Thread