Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2020, 02:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks

I liked Scream 4 more than 3, that's for sure. Still don't like S4 that much overall though
Old 03-13-2020, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I liked Scream 4 more than 3, that's for sure. Still don't like S4 that much overall though
I honestly hated what I saw of Scream 4. Didn't like the new cast and the originals who did come back felt shoehorned in and basically their faces read "we're here for the big lovely paychecks".

Scream 3 was such a stretch and nowhere near as scary as the first two, but I suppose at least it rounded up Sidney's story and went into more detail about how she didn't know everything about her Mother's life.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-14-2020, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It sure did

That's certainly true
Old 04-07-2020, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

The reactions to Scream 3 will mostly depend on what people wanted out of a SCREAM trilogy.

- If they wanted a Sydney arc, then I can imagine that most people were happy with Scream 3 as a concluding part. She gets true confidence at the end knowing her ~demons~ are put to rest with the death of her half-brother and ends the movie allowing the door to stay open (a symbolical and physical point of change for her).

- If they wanted a gore-oriented series, then Scream 3 probably wasn't quite enough to impress people.

- If they loved the original killers (Billy & Stu), then they're probably not too happy that the arc about Stu coming back as the killer in the 3rd movie was dropped.

... Personally, I'm a mix of all three. However, the thought of Stu coming back doesn't impress me. Sydney shoved a TV on his head in the 1st movie - he was clearly dead.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-07-2020, 05:18 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Huh, I NEVER heard that Stu was supposed to come back in the third movie. I don't get how that would work either. In general, I liked Scream 3 but it's not better than the first two movies IMO. It's better than Scream 4 I guess, I like them all though.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I did a few years ago

Would have been a terrible idea though
Old 04-08-2020, 05:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Huh, I NEVER heard that Stu was supposed to come back in the third movie.
Yeah I think even the actor Matthew Lillard confirmed that he had read a script that stated something along the lines of Stu being designed as the original killer.

But then Kevin Williamson left to do other things and a new writer came in (I think it was Ehren Kruger who also wrote THE RING) and they did the version as we saw it theatrically.

The fandom loves this Stu concept and hates that it didn't happen, and I'm like -- he died in front of our eyes. That TV blew him to pieces. He wouldn't even have a head, surely?
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-08-2020, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It would have made no sense for him to still be alive.
Old 04-08-2020, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I think fandoms are so used to characters being brought back from the dead in ridiculous ways that nothing phases them anymore
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-08-2020, 09:08 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

First time I'm hearing it, that would of been a horrible idea. Yeah, he got a TV thrown on his head and he got electrocuted. Out of the two, I would of rather seen Billy come back but he got shot in the head point blank so that would of made even less sense than Stu. I wish Randy could of came back alive, I still hate that he was killed in Scream 2.
Old 04-09-2020, 12:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
I think fandoms are so used to characters being brought back from the dead in ridiculous ways that nothing phases them anymore
So true
Old 04-09-2020, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
First time I'm hearing it, that would of been a horrible idea. Yeah, he got a TV thrown on his head and he got electrocuted. Out of the two, I would of rather seen Billy come back but he got shot in the head point blank so that would of made even less sense than Stu.
They would have to do something really ridiculous to bring either of them back, i.e. ret-con the 2nd movie by having the events of 1 all be a nightmare or something.

Otherwise they're just playing the audience for fools

I know Billy and Stu were popular characters but their arcs were clearly done with that movie. I was disappointed that Matthew Lillard was presenting a Stu comeback as a good idea

Quote:
I wish Randy could of came back alive, I still hate that he was killed in Scream 2.
I think it made sense that he died (because it showed that nobody is invincible in the original cast), BUT I hate the way it happened it made him and the group look stupid and irresponsible.

The concept of them splitting up to look for the killer when they know they're being watched, and after all the jokes and comments from Randy about following the rules when in a horror trilogy... Gosh, it made all that look irrelevant. It means he didn't pay attention to his own rules.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-10-2020, 01:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Hated how Randy died too, but it was an massive hint that one of the killers was very close with Billy.

Was dumb that he didn't pay attention to the car though
Old 04-10-2020, 03:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Yeah I liked that building suspense as the killer got more enraged when Randy started mocking Billy as a "Momma's boy"

I looked on youtube and saw that many people felt that Billy's mother being chosen as one of the killers was just a rip-off of Friday the 13th.

Hmm, I kinda see their point.

I mean, there was no hint in anything that Billy said that his Mother was psychotic. All he ever said was that she cheated on his father.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-10-2020, 04:56 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I liked that Billy's mother was one of the killers in the sequel lol.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread