Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2004, 12:37 PM
Cotton Candy

I know! But, I guess if she woke up in time it wouldn't have been a tragedy, would it? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-10-2004, 06:38 PM
Obsessed Fan

I love this movie. Definitely a great version of Romeo & Juliet - my favourite, personally. The cast was spectacular and Baz is just a genius!

Bryana
Old 03-11-2004, 10:26 AM
Cotton Candy

Quote:
Originally posted by fallfromgrace:
<STRONG>Definitely a great version of Romeo & Juliet - my favourite, personally. The cast was spectacular and Baz is just a genius!</STRONG>
I concur 100% [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2004, 08:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by BfEeNlJiAcMiItNy:
<STRONG>I know! The ending is so aganizing bc you just want Juliet to wake up. You are literally yelling at the screen(or atleast I was). And she wakes up too late.Sooo sad.</STRONG>
I know!! When I was watching it for the first time, I was like, Oh, look. Juliet just woke up. Now she'll take that poison out of Romeo's hand. Now - okay, NOW - NOW, JULIET!! OH MY GOD! ROMEO!

It was very misleading, that part.

"It does not say that."

"You're right. But it would be so classic if it did."
Old 03-11-2004, 09:59 PM
Cotton Candy

Well, I knew how the story ended, so I can't say I was shocked, but it does have that edge-of-your-seat quality to it, regardless.

Old 03-16-2004, 05:27 PM
Cotton Candy

I ordered the DVD, video and both soundtracks the other day [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I can't wait until they come!

Old 03-17-2004, 01:34 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by DCreekFreak:
<STRONG>I ordered the DVD, video and both soundtracks the other day [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I can't wait until they come!</STRONG>
[img]smilies/look.gif[/img] When will they arrive?

Oh and once they do ... Enjoy! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I love both soundtracks, but the second one (with mostly instrumentals on it) is my favorite. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Love Psych and fanfic? Check out Psychfic. It has the best fan fiction I have ever read.
Old 03-17-2004, 08:38 AM
Cotton Candy

I'm not sure. Hopefully, sometime this week. Thanks [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Yeah, I used to have one of the soundtracks. I believe it was the first one and I loved it. That was a long time ago though and we movied since then, so I have no idea where it is now. I used to have the video too, hehe.

Old 03-17-2004, 02:40 PM
Loyal Fan

I got the DVD for Christmas. Did you order the special edition one?

"It does not say that."

"You're right. But it would be so classic if it did."
Old 03-17-2004, 05:46 PM
Cotton Candy

Cool! Yes, I did [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-17-2004, 06:30 PM
Extreme Fan

I just love Shakespeare in general(I was a theatre kid) and I once did R+J in the style of 1920's prohibition mafia(I was Juliet).

but this was always a fun movie version for me. hmm. I think I'll make some R+J movie goodies.

anyway, yeah, I had the second soundtrack too, and I really liked it alot, but I lent it to my partner for some project my freshman year of high school and she left it at some uncle or something's house and I never got it back!!

aw, I'm feeling so nostalgic for movies today!
Old 03-17-2004, 06:35 PM
Cotton Candy

That's really cool!

I was never really a big Shakespeare person, but this movie just really had an impact on me (maybe the whole "Leo madness" factor had something to do with it, hehe).

Ooh, I would love to see some of your WSR+J avatars! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 03-17-2004: Message edited DCreekFreak ]

Old 03-17-2004, 08:04 PM
Extreme Fan

okay, I've made a few avs and icons

enjoy!
Old 03-17-2004, 08:33 PM
Ultimate Fan

Oh wow...I love this movie a lot... [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

This is my favorite adaptation of the play, period, in life, ever. Baz Luhrman is a creative genius, and I can't get enough of Leo and Claire's chemistry together on-screen. I always wanted them to be dating in real life... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Getting to the point, the sad truth of the matter is that I can recite large portions of the play to begin with because I had an Oral Interpretation project from 9th grade that I still remember to this day -- and that was almost 5 years ago. Heh...yeah. But what got me started about thinking on that is the thread title -- one of the best scenes in the play and the movie. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Well I'll stop rambling now...point is the movie is excellently made, and I hate how Leo never gets any recognition for any of his roles -- it's always irked me and it irks me still. Limey Hollywood bastards... [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
Old 03-17-2004, 09:30 PM
Cotton Candy

Miss Shannon-Thanks so much for the icons! They're beautiful! I snagged a bunch [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by .:NiennaValandil:.:
<STRONG>I hate how Leo never gets any recognition for any of his roles -- it's always irked me and it irks me still. Limey Hollywood bastards... [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]</STRONG>
That's not true. He got an Oscar nomination for What's Eating Gilbert Grape?. But, in general, you're right. It's unfortunate too. He was amazing in this movie, as well as Titanic.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread