Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2004, 03:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by lilaznangel_17
abby-anne - You seem to like the movie a lot! And I liked the second one more than the first too. I love the two scenes that you typed up, especially the Nicholas/Mia one!
Of course! After the movie, I walked out with a big smile on my face. It's a great feel-good movie. After the credits I want to watch it again. Too bad it was getting late for me. I'll definitely watch it again next week.
Old 08-28-2004, 06:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

I can't decide which one I like better. Probably the second, but I still love the beginning of the first, where she's all nerdy.

The intern guy!!! I loved him! He was so funny.

~*~
Spike: Death is on your heels, baby. And sooner or later, it's gonna catch you. And part of you wants it. Not only to stop the fear and uncertainty, but because you're just a little bit in love with it.
Calmly Chaotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 07:56 PM
Extreme Fan

I think that I liked the 2nd one more.

Thanks for the quotes! I loved that M/N scene. Perfect ending I was soaring with happiness after it
Old 09-01-2004, 03:09 PM
Extreme Fan

Here are some Princess Diaries avatars!

Old 09-01-2004, 06:41 PM
Extreme Fan

Love the avatars! esp. like # 3 and the last two
Old 09-04-2004, 01:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

I want to so badly.
icon: xthebesthing
*Kaylee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 08:37 PM
Absolute Fan

i took my sis to see that movie a week or so ago. i thought it was really cute! funny definatley! I liked the story and thought it was cool how they made her older in this movie. it was a nice fun movie definatley!

"can we take a ride, get out of this place while we still have time?"
terresita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 09:06 PM
Obsessed Fan

I love it! I've seen it twice so far and plan to see it again with my mom. It's adorable. I actually like it better than the first, too. Mia and Nicholas are my new ship. (Chris Pine is beautiful.) The fountain scene is a favorite. And I loved how they kept Mia clumsy and everything but also let her grow more confident as a princess.

Joe and Clarisse's relationship was well-done. I just wish Mia's mom had had a bigger part.

Snagging some of the beautiful M/N avs from kyleschick and lilaznangel!

Jen | tumblr
dixieland_dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 02:36 AM
Obsessed Fan

Ooh...love all the avs, very pretty!

I don't think the sequel was as good as the first one. It was hilarious and I couldn't stop laughing, but it lacked something the first one had. I'm not sure what. I was also disappointed that Michael wasn't there at all. I mean, I know Robert was touring with Rooney and everything, but he was one of my favorite characters in the first one.

But on a bright note, I love all the jokes thrown in that alluded to the first film, and of course, hearing Julie Andrews sing again...who doesn't want to see the movie just for that?

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
22 Umbrellas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 03:23 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by dixieland_dreamer
[B]I actually like it better than the first, too. Mia and Nicholas are my new ship. B]
Me too!!!

Rain Candy, i know what you mean. the first one was magical because we saw who she was and how she was in her element. she was insecure and we were able to see her become a young woman. in the 2nd one, nothing about her really changes, except the fact that she finally picks who she should be with
Old 09-06-2004, 05:54 AM
Passionate Fan

Is that why Michael wasn't in it cuz the actor wasn't touring? I wish they could have worked around it. I loved them together.
"You said we were destined to be together."
avie: thanks Paul!
nessa24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 12:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

I ended up boycotting this one cause of the no Michael. I would have been biased and booing the whole time, so I saved my money. Glad y'all had a good time though
Old 09-07-2004, 01:57 AM
Extreme Fan

Oh no, you guys! One bit of advice: Everyone who hasn't gone to see it because Michael was not a main character in the movie, get over it, get off your butt and go to the theatre!! (I meant that in the nicest way)

You guys should really give these new actors a chance. The relationship in the second one was just as good, if not better, then the M/M relationship in the first. They were just different.

I was really reluctant to see it at first because I wanted Michael to be in it (and maybe I wouldn't have seen it if I hadn't gone to the premiere and seen how nice everyone was, and wanted to show my appreciation for them by watching their movie), but it's so silly not to see it because of that.

It's not as if Michael was completely forgotten. Mia talked about him at the beginning of the movie, and it showed a picture of him in her diary as she was flipping through it. She still cared about him, and they were still friends.

You can't punish the movie for not having Michael in the film, anyways. I believe he's not a part of the second book, which the films are based upon, so if anything, blame Meg. But then again, that would be really pointless and rude, considering she was the one who created the character of Michael in the first place, wouldn't it? And besides, the actor who plays Michael has his own thing going on, musically. Who knows if he would've even taken the role had it been offerred to him? Even if he had, it doesn't matter, because he wasn't.

I'm sorry for going on about this, but it just really frustrates me to see all these people who are going to miss out on one of the best movies of the summer because they think it can't be as good without a certain character. What about all the other characters in the movie? Don't you love them just as much as Michael? Won't you give actors like Chris Pine and Callum Blue a chance to win you over? They really make the movie great. And aside from everything, after seeing the 2nd movie, you realize, Michael wouldn't have really fit. The first one was brilliant with him in it but the second one was just as brilliant, in different ways.

Please, you guys, just go and see it. If you still don't like it afterwards, then we can talk. But please, oh please, if the only thing holding you back from watching it is the fact that there's no Michael, then forget about it for 2 hours and go see it. Then see if it was worth the reluctance.
Old 09-12-2004, 09:44 PM
Extreme Fan

So, I was wondering about the PD2 movie vs. the PD2 book. Are there any major differences?

And for the people who have the soundtrack, is there anything interesting inside the insert? Like, pictures?
Old 09-12-2004, 11:39 PM
Master Fan

The Princess Diaries book series and the movies are different. The book series is still in the same year as Mia finding out about being a princess. And Michael is still in them, he will be attending university soon in them though.

But yeah, for those people who are boycotting the movie just because Michael isn't in it, I'm sorry but that is no excuse. The movie is great. And it is full of new characters and actors who will win you over.