Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2008, 03:28 AM
Master Fan

I am still absolutely, mindblowingly in love with this movie I don't think that feeling will ever fade, for me. It's honestly one of the best movies, if not THE best movie I've ever seen.

I'm reading the book now, and without telling you too much, it differs a lot from the movie
life_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by life_style (View Post)
I am still absolutely, mindblowingly in love with this movie I don't think that feeling will ever fade, for me. It's honestly one of the best movies, if not THE best movie I've ever seen.

I'm reading the book now, and without telling you too much, it differs a lot from the movie
Ohhhh, I'm with you. It's incredible that a movie that relies on secrets NEVER gets old. It's masterful, really. I love it more every time I watch it! The performances were perfect. Ugh, I want to watch it right now!

Cool! I'd love to read the book someday.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:15 AM
Master Fan

I totally agree. That really is amazing. Most movies like this one can be good one time, but once the secrets are revealed they're kind of spoiled. Like you said, this one just keeps getting better and better. And I am personally intrigued to find all of the little clues throughout the movie, when I watch it.

Plus, I just love the performances and everything. It's just.. perfection. Which is why I never get tired of seeing this movie

You should read the book, it's very good. It adds a couple of extra layers to the movie, so to speak. And it's definitely best to watch the movie before one reads the book, cause otherwise the movie would be entirely spoiled, of course
Old 03-07-2008, 11:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I totally agree. That really is amazing. Most movies like this one can be good one time, but once the secrets are revealed they're kind of spoiled. Like you said, this one just keeps getting better and better. And I am personally intrigued to find all of the little clues throughout the movie, when I watch it.

Plus, I just love the performances and everything. It's just.. perfection. Which is why I never get tired of seeing this movie

You should read the book, it's very good. It adds a couple of extra layers to the movie, so to speak. And it's definitely best to watch the movie before one reads the book, cause otherwise the movie would be entirely spoiled, of course
I know! Everytime I watch it I can't wait to find out "the secrets" all over again! It's just a great puzzle.

I'm always amazed I didn't realize Borden had a twin and that one of the one was already inside the house when he says to Sarah, "you think that little lock can keep me out?" and he walks out, and when she opens the door, he's there offering her tea. It's SO obvious! But that's the beauty of the movie.

The scene when he says to Sarah's nephew, "The secret impresses no one." takes a new meaning after the movie ends. It's such a well crafted film.

The book sounds good! Generally, I like to read the book before watching the movie, but for this one, I'm SO happy I wasn't spoiled!
Old 03-10-2008, 08:15 AM
Master Fan

Yeah I've thought about that too, and I'm actually also wondering how the twin could get into the apartment still, must be tricky!
Old 03-10-2008, 07:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah I've thought about that too, and I'm actually also wondering how the twin could get into the apartment still, must be tricky!
I know. They must've been really good with locks. lol
Old 12-01-2012, 05:18 PM
Elite Fan

The acting, cast, story, everything about this movie was so perfect!
Melissa Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:50 PM
Master Fan

I only liked Bale
Old 12-06-2012, 09:12 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Video Games

I loved this movie, not a thing wrong with it (Except it ends)
Subject87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject87 (View Post)
I loved this movie, not a thing wrong with it (Except it ends)
I agree. It could have been longer and I would not have minded at all!
Old 12-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Video Games

Me either, I loved Bale's performance in this movie.
Subject87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject87 (View Post)
Me either, I loved Bale's performance in this movie.
Yes! I loved it too. Bale is so intense, enigmatic and so mysterious. He was the perfect choice.
ROCKSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Elite Fan

I loved the desperate nature of Jackmans character, especially after his wife died.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:04 PM
Master Fan

This was one of those movies where I went "HUH?? What just happened?" when the twist was revealed. It's one of those that you need to rewatch just to let it sink in.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddleskittlesღ (View Post)
This was one of those movies where I went "HUH?? What just happened?" when the twist was revealed. It's one of those that you need to rewatch just to let it sink in.
By the end though, I was really wondering if

Spoiler:
Reply   Post New Thread