Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2006, 05:04 PM
Cotton Candy

The Parent Trap (1998) #1: Twice the fun, double the trouble!

******************************************************************************************

This thread is for appreciating The Parent Trap (1998).

******************************************************************************************

At a summer camp in Maine, 11-year-old Hallie Parker (Lindsay Lohan) meets Annie James (also Lindsay Lohan). Despite a curious resemblance, Hallie develops an immediate dislike for Annie, and the feeling is mutual. However, the two eventually discover they are twin sisters separated not long after they were born. Their parents, Elizabeth (Natasha Richardson) and Nick (Dennis Quaid), had met on the Queen Elizabeth 2 and married on that same voyage. After a divorce, Nick brought up Hallie at his Napa Valley vineyard, while Annie lived with wedding-gown designer Elizabeth in London. Neither twin was aware she had a sister, until their summer camp meeting. In order to learn more about their parents and ultimately bring them back together, the girls switch places, with Hallie flying to London and Annie to Napa.

Post away!

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 08-05-2020 at 01:20 AM
Old 09-21-2006, 05:21 PM
Elite Fan

Aw I loved this movie, especially the first one!
Old 09-21-2006, 05:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

Aw, this movie was so cute, it was definetly a favorite when I was little.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:42 PM
Cotton Candy

Welcome guys!
Old 10-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Cotton Candy

to Hallie and Annie
Old 10-29-2006, 11:29 PM
New Fan

I like this movie, actually during my college years, our professor gave this to us for our film showing, (psychology class)..THis is really great and this is for family..)

------------------------------------------------------

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do."
consolidated credit aarp homeowners insurance 2nd mortgage refinance loan
leahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 05:00 AM
Elite Fan

hello everyone!! I personally like hallie better!!
Old 11-02-2006, 10:06 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsession as an art form (View Post)
Really? How fun. What was he/she trying to show?

He was just trying to show the difference living with both parents.and what will be the effect of it..

The things that you might be and what you might get, when you live with your father and mother...

He tries to show, how important family is and what is the emotional and psychological effect of it to a child.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything."
"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything."
Old 11-02-2006, 10:06 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsession as an art form (View Post)
Really? How fun. What was he/she trying to show?

He was just trying to show the difference living with both parents.and what will be the effect of it..

The things that you might be and what you might get, when you live with your father and mother...

He tries to show, how important family is and what is the emotional and psychological effect of it to a child.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Chris; 11-14-2006 at 10:58 AM Reason: advertising
Old 11-04-2006, 10:03 AM
Master Fan

It's a cute movie! It was one of my favs when I was little, but I haven't seen it in a long time.
*Lucie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 05:50 PM
Elite Fan

I made a new banner for this thread. I hope you all like
obsession as an art form is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:37 AM
New Fan

Haley and Haley

I haven't seen the new version, but, I'm absolutely loyal to the Haley Mills version. I remember wanting to go to camp when I first saw it. You get to dance with boys?!? At camp? Of course... didn't happen.

But, I do have a Disney CD with Haley singing with Haley which was for a time was on repeat until my little ones commented after the fifth time... "Can we please change the song?"

I think Haley was dancing with a Mouseketeer in that camp dance. But, we age and our memories fade. Did she? Anyone with better memory? Was that handsome boy a Mouseketeer?
anna asukura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

this was my favorite movie when I was a kid! My sister actually rented one coz she wanted to reminisce haha... I actually thought that lindsay had a twin back then too lol

Bones [Booth/Brennan] ~ Everyone's a Shipper!
fairy_kiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:10 PM
Master Fan

i thought they were twins too. I remebr when it first came out i wanted to see it cause i was a fan of it takes two (with mary kate and ashley olsen) and it looks sorta similar then my mum didnt take me to the cinemas to see it i was dissapointed. but im glad i rented it cause it was a really good movie. Now when i watch it though i see alot of similarties to It takes two.

Join the The Goldbergs Campaign
Marki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

I love this film so much!