Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2018, 11:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

My favorite movie musical is Hairspray and I got interested in it after I got the soundtrack of it and then my parents took me to the theater to see Hairspray and I was amazed that Nikki Blonski could sing and she played the perfect Tracy Turnblad and then I got the original 1988 Hairspray with Ricki Lake and I liked it as well and I also got the Broadway Cast soundtrack of Hairspray as well
Amapola
Old 06-01-2018, 11:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've never seen the Ricki Lake one but I did love the remake version. I remember there was a nation wide search for the perfect Tracy and Nikki definitely did amazing!

Old 06-02-2018, 12:05 AM
Elite Fan

I loved "Burlesque." Unlike most singers that go to acting, I feel Christina did good in the movie. I also liked her relationship with that guy (and his naked cookie scene lol) She did way better than Britney in "Crossroads." I remember back when it came out they made a huge deal about it, but I agree it's a forgettable movie. At least Britney didn't do any more acting after that. I think "Glitter" gets too much hate, I still kind of like the movie. It did come out a week after 9/11 so that's the reason it bombed. I only saw Mariah in "Wisegirls" and "Tenessee" and she was good in those films. She just got screwed over with Glitter and the bad release date. I also think it came out around the time she had that mental breakdown, not a good year for her.
Old 06-02-2018, 12:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I loved "Burlesque." Unlike most singers that go to acting, I feel Christina did good in the movie. I also liked her relationship with that guy (and his naked cookie scene lol) She did way better than Britney in "Crossroads." I remember back when it came out they made a huge deal about it, but I agree it's a forgettable movie. At least Britney didn't do any more acting after that. I think "Glitter" gets too much hate, I still kind of like the movie. It did come out a week after 9/11 so that's the reason it bombed. I only saw Mariah in "Wisegirls" and "Tenessee" and she was good in those films. She just got screwed over with Glitter and the bad release date. I also think it came out around the time she had that mental breakdown, not a good year for her.
I agree with you about Christina in Burlesque and that hot cookie guy is Cam Gingandet, he got his breakout role as Kevin Volchok in The OC, pretty sure his character was responsible for Marissa’s death on the show.

His bigger breakthrough role was as James in Twlight!

Yeah Mariah did have a bad year with that and not ripping on Glitter. It it kinda came out within the same year as Crossroads, 2001 to 2002 for Crossroads so one was bound to be hammered more.
Old 06-02-2018, 02:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

I remember when Mariah Carey's movie Glitter came out and when I first heard about it I thought it was just a new Mariah Carey album and then I later found out that Glitter was Mariah Carey's musical movie. And when the soundtrack came out I had a hard time finding it and every Kmart was out of it and it wasn't until I asked a Kmart employee where the Glitter soundtrack was and he told me it wasn't gonna be released until 9/11. I was gonna see Glitter at the movie theater but I ended up renting it and I was surprised at how good it was and Mariah Carey really shined in the role of Billie Frank and Tia Texada who appeared in NBC's Third Watch was great. Too bad Dennis the DJ and Billie Frank's crush died because it seemed that Billie and Dennis were gonna be a good couple and he knew what worked for Billie's career. I don't know why Glitter flopped but it was a great musical movie that showcased Mariah Carey's acting talents and it scored hits on the soundtrack with the songs Loverboy and Never Too Far were hits on the music charts
Amapola
Old 06-02-2018, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by reason to believe (View Post)
somehow, somewhere, I remember seeing this movie. (Even tho the genre isn’t my thing) and remember I thought Britney wasn’t that bad in it. But it was a forgettable movie, cause I forgot I watched it til I saw it here

yeah, it's a bubblegum-type teen drama and one I remember making headlines ONLY because of Britney, and she used it to promote her album at the time.

Here's Britney singing an N*Sync song (she dated Justin at the time ) -

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-02-2018, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^^ That was so cheesy to me! She could have sung BSB insead!

Quote:
I remember when Mariah Carey's movie Glitter came out and when I first heard about it I thought it was just a new Mariah Carey album and then I later found out that Glitter was Mariah Carey's musical movie. And when the soundtrack came out I had a hard time finding it and every Kmart was out of it and it wasn't until I asked a Kmart employee where the Glitter soundtrack was and he told me it wasn't gonna be released until 9/11. I was gonna see Glitter at the movie theater but I ended up renting it and I was surprised at how good it was and Mariah Carey really shined in the role of Billie Frank and Tia Texada who appeared in NBC's Third Watch was great. Too bad Dennis the DJ and Billie Frank's crush died because it seemed that Billie and Dennis were gonna be a good couple and he knew what worked for Billie's career. I don't know why Glitter flopped but it was a great musical movie that showcased Mariah Carey's acting talents and it scored hits on the soundtrack with the songs Loverboy and Never Too Far were hits on the music charts
Amapola
I think the release date effected the film mostly. with the WTC terrorist attacks.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie Mae (View Post)
^^ That was so cheesy to me! She could have sung BSB insead!

Must have been a shout-out to Justin

BSB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> N*Sync
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-03-2018, 01:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry I was never an N'Sync fan.

BSB all the way and besides. BSB's first album was out in Canada and Europe in 1995. When US was getting first BSB album, we were getting the second!
Old 06-04-2018, 01:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I remember being excited when BSB had a cameo on the TV show Sabrina The Teenage Witch which was, like, 20 years ago now.

Still my favorite musical:

SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS -

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-04-2018, 01:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I remember that tc spot too!

Here’s a musical style movie I loved!

2004’s Connie and Carla
Images in tags because of size!

Spoiler:
Old 06-04-2018, 02:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I've never seen it, but I adore Toni Collette! Really talented actress
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-04-2018, 02:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Connie and Carla is so fun!

We should watch that together just because!

Old 06-04-2018, 10:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

My mom happens to like Connie And Carla and the first time Mom and I saw it was when Dad was at work and we stayed home watching TV and Connie And Carla happened to be shown on one of the channels and we thought it was a really cool movie and Mom liked it so much that we bought Connie And Carla and my mother even liked the songs too
Amapola
Old 06-04-2018, 10:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it's so fun. Women dressed as men dressed as women!

Plus the songs were fun and the cutesy romantic storyline, the accepting people for who they are part too.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top