Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2006, 07:41 PM
Moderator Support Team

I have to say I loved the thrid one. My favorite so far!! Loved the more personal aspect to it. And yep, felt JJ's fingerprints all over it. Remined me much more of Alias than Lost.

Loved the cast, but thought most of them were very underused.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:15 PM
Banned

I liked MI 3. I saw it on Friday night of last week. It was good. Tom Cruise was good in it too and Phillip Seymour Hoffman was excellent as the bad guy. I liked Keri Russell being in it eventhough she was only in it for like 10 minutes. JJ Abrams did a good job. Tom Cruise still makes good action movies. I can't forget about Ving Rhames. He is the only other person besides Tom Cruise to be in all 3 Mission Impossible movies. Jonathan Rhys Meyers was also good in it.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:47 PM
Loyal Fan

I've only seen parts of the first two on television. I was expecting the worst and to hate this movie mostly because of Tom Cruise's shenanigans, but I went to support Hoffman and Abrams.

Maggie Q (didn't catch her character's name) looked great in that red dress at the Vatican, . Michelle Monaghan would look like the love child of Katie Holmes and Liv Tyler if they were capable of reproducing. And yeah, it was sort of reminiscent of an Alias episode even though I haven't watch the show in years, but I ended up the movie enjoying for what it was: a mindless, popcorn summer film. It's good to see Abrams keeps some of his former cast from the unemployment line.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

I saw it on Tuesday but I didn't like it much, the acting didn't dissapoint me (in fact I think it was great but I agree it was really underrated, possibly to don't spoil the movie) but some parts were plain silly while others were cool as the "we are family" and the villian parts - there were some overused things but still were working fine.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

I have mixed feelings on the film.

I went to see it to support Philip Hoffman, Keri Russel, JJ Abrams and everyone BUT Tom Cruise... But the film itself isn't that great. Granted it is a much more "personal" story compared to the other two films in the series, but I also think this is why it didn't seem like an MI movie as well.

This film had only two big action setpieces (when they rescue Keri Russel and the ambush on the bridge) compared to the others where there were not only more of them, but they were also a more natural progression of the story. I am not saying more is necessarily better, but the ending was kind of anti-climactic and kind of unbelieveable in terms of Mihchelle Monahan's character -- Which I won't spoil for those who haven't seen it.

All in all, not the worst movie I've seen in a long time, but definitely not the best. MI3 is going to have tough competition this summer with better movies like X-Men III, PoTC II, Superman Returns and a few others, so I expect to see it drop off the top spot in the weeks and months to come.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Master Fan

I never wanted to watch M: I: 3 because normally I don't watch action shows, but my classmates wanted to watch it so I tagged along. I had low expectations of the show, so I was pleasantly surprised because it was not bad. Quite implausible in some scenes (believe me, Tom Cruise should've died doing some of the things he did, but then again it's a movie), and rather cliched, but it's an action show. It was also rather anti-climatic.

But I was really happy that Jonathan Rhys-Meyers was in it, and he was good (though him and Maggie Q were underused). I also have a bit more respect for Tom Cruise since I know he did a lot of the stunts in it himself (but that, of course, doesn't say much because I pretty much hate him and all his Scientology and Katie Kate Holmes crap). Overall, though, it was good, mindless summer blockbuster stuff.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:37 PM
Passionate Fan

I saw this movie on Wednesday. The only reason I went to see it was Jonathan Rhys Meyers. He was amazing in the movie. But, I agree with the poster who said he was very underused. So were Ving, Maggie and Kerri. But they were all wonderful. Tom was surprisingly okay. I thought I was going to cringe, but I was perfectly okay sitting and enjoying the action. JJ Abrams did a really good job.
Oh, and I have a confession to make: I think I have a slight crush on Hoffman! Sorry, Jonny!

(icon by Me)
Old 05-15-2006, 01:45 PM
Elite Fan

I really don't have a desire to see any of Tom's movies just because of his nonsense lately but my hubby really wants to see it.

Have a happy holiday & prosperous new year!
Old 05-26-2006, 03:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

Saw this one yesterday...sort of as a celebration with some friends for the end of our exams! I really enjoyed it, it had me on the edge of my seat the entire time! Nail bitingly tense!
Old 06-13-2017, 01:11 PM
Moderator Support Team

Mission: Impossible 6 Adds Michelle Monaghan | Collider
Old 06-13-2017, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

They are making another? Wow.
Old 06-14-2017, 12:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep. That last one was great so I hope they can keep up the momentum.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope so too!
Old 06-15-2017, 01:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

yeah i really enjoyed the last one
i hope that this one will be too
Old 06-18-2017, 11:27 AM
Moderator Support Team

Mission Impossible 6: New Image Reveals Female Leads | Collider
Closed Thread   Post New Thread