Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2004, 11:41 AM
Master Fan

Wasn't there one more scene after she and carl didn't sleep together? Like 2? There was one where she's in the office late at night, as usual, and carl leaves and say "Merry Christmas," and she's like, "merry Christmas." I think that was supposed to be the last chance for her to go for it. And then after he leaves, she calls her brother for once (instead of the other way around). And then they show her visiting her brother on Christmas and them sharing memories of their childhood. I think her 'love story' was supposed to be about her and her brother. Like sibling love, rather than the other kind of love.

I'm pretty sure that the guy never slept with the secretary, and that he was only away for business.

"And what if I wave my wand and nothing happens?"
"Throw it away and punch him on the nose," Ron suggested.
JavieBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 05:35 PM
Loyal Fan

JavieBot - that's true but that all happened during the "regular movie" and not the wrap up stuff they did for everyone else. If I remember correctly.
summerbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think they showed her at the end of the movie, because her character's relationship had already been settled, so there wouldn't be anything to show since nothing had changed. Caps from their failed night together

There are great quality caps of the movie here. Credit goes to crumblingwalls.

Sasha
S.A.S.H.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 12:11 PM
Loyal Fan

SASHA - that was my thought. Either that or oversight. I think that they could have at least shown her doing the same old thing though so that we would know that it wasn't just an oversight you know?
Old 08-13-2004, 01:06 PM
Master Fan

I too really enjoyed this movie. I think my favorite couple was Hugh Grant...who I'm so in love with... and that really cute girl with the big thighs. She was really pretty. I went to see this movie at the theater then bought it when it came out on DVD. The Colin Firth story line is probably the most romantic. I loved it when she was keeping house for him and all the pages of the book blew into the water and she jumped in and he jumped in after her. The little boy in the movie...Sam I think it was. Was so cute!
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 01:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Michelle25
I think my favorite couple was Hugh Grant...who I'm so in love with...

The little boy in the movie...Sam I think it was. Was so cute!
Ditto on Hugh Grant - he's just fabulous. I think he was perfectly cast in this and Bridget Jones in particular. He always does a great job.

I was disappointed that they cut a scene with the boy and his stepfather that was pretty hilarious. It was in the deleted scenes.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

That little boy's love story was the cutest thing ever.

Sasha
Old 08-14-2004, 10:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by S.A.S.H.A.
That little boy's love story was the cutest thing ever.
I agree...This movie was so great, and how everyone interwined was cool; they were all "related" to each other in some way.

**Actress^Animal Lover^Flutist^Writer**
amusic20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 12:46 AM
Passionate Fan

Has anyone seen the movie WITH the commentary?
It's so funny...
Speaking is Richard Curtis, Hugh Grant, Young Colin [ I think that's his name...you know the little boy?] and Bill Nighy...
So funny!

iconcredit
Katherine Behr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Katherine Behr
Has anyone seen the movie WITH the commentary?
It's so funny...
No, but I want to! Sounds hysterically funny.

Sasha
Old 11-18-2004, 12:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Cute pic

Sasha
Old 11-18-2004, 12:58 AM
Cy!
Dedicated Fan

This movie is by far the coolest movie ever! It's bloody brilliant but unfortunately I did not see it in theaters...but I bought it on dvd! Keira is goregous and Hugh Grant does his little dance marvelously.
Cy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 01:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

That dance scene cracked me up.

Sasha
Old 11-18-2004, 08:13 AM
Loyal Fan

your av's of colin - he is gorgeous isnt he . I watched this the other morning and had a good cry . i think it is a lovely movie and also gets you in the christmas spirit. I love keirs knightleys story init. its just heart wrenching to see him so in with her and knows he can never have her

"You look good wearing my future"
Twiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 09:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Twiggy
I love keirs knightleys story init. its just heart wrenching to see him so in with her and knows he can never have her
and the bit when he pretends to be a bunch of carol singers, and tells her how he feels! OMG so amazingly cute!

Love the kids story, its really sweet.
i saw him in this kids tv program after and just thought he was so cute and kept thinking he was "the kid from Love actually" and not the character he was playing

Who does the commentary on the dvd?
Reply   Post New Thread