Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2006, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love watching all the special features on the DVD, its interesting how they created the lion and other animals in the movie.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It rocked for CGI back then.
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 11:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

It sure did, they had some great graphics thats for sure, and the monkeys in the kitchen
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The monkeys and those spiders....awful.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCkLeS4dAwSoN (View Post)
It rocked for CGI back then.
This was THE movie to watch to be amazed. How times change. I do have to say, it NEVER gets old for me. I could watch this all day long.

When it came out, I saw it in the theater with my mom, I was young so I was actually kind of scared. Ahhhhh, times gone by.

The monkeys stealing the cop car is priceless. And I always get teary eyed at the end.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep, I definitely got scared when I first saw it as well. I thought the movie was the coolest movie ever made when I was a kid, lol.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:48 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

ITA. When you watch it as a kid, it's kind of scary. But of course now when I watch it, it's just really entertaining.

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
dancing in the rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 04:32 AM
Master Fan

Aaw, Jumanji! I hadn't seen this or thought about it in years, and then it was on tv a couple of weeks ago, and it totally took me back to my childhood. It's such a great family movie, entertaining, funny but also a little bit frightening! I really enjoyed it

I remember the spiders creeped me out too, but that's because I have a MASSIVE phobia of them. Honestly if that ever happened to me, I'd go crazy screaming. The lion used to scare me too, just the idea of there being this huge, powerful predator stalking through your home *shudders*

Randomly, I really loved the bit when the little boy runs to the shed to get the axe, and picks it up without realising to break open the door, before it hits him that he has it, and he turns to the camera for a second with a blank look on his face before running back into the house Breaking the fourth wall was a bit obscure for that kind of film, but it added a little moment of humour among all the madness!
Old 04-08-2008, 04:55 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

^ Ohh yeah, that scene with the ax, totally forgot about. I remember I laughed so hard, my sides were gonna split

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
dancing in the rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynter (View Post)
Randomly, I really loved the bit when the little boy runs to the shed to get the axe, and picks it up without realising to break open the door, before it hits him that he has it, and he turns to the camera for a second with a blank look on his face before running back into the house
That was great.
Kyls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynter (View Post)
Randomly, I really loved the bit when the little boy runs to the shed to get the axe, and picks it up without realising to break open the door, before it hits him that he has it, and he turns to the camera for a second with a blank look on his face before running back into the house Breaking the fourth wall was a bit obscure for that kind of film, but it added a little moment of humour among all the madness!
That was such a good moment. His look to the camera was perfect!

For some reason, the fake lion really scared me.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:48 AM
Passionate Fan

Jumanji. OMG. I love this movie. I remember when it came out, I wasn't allowed to watch it, because my mom thought I'd get nightmares. but then I just went with and saw it with some school friends. and it did scare me. haha.

and then my friend got the board game, and we kept thinking that one time we'd get sucked into the game. man my imagination was way too overactive. and then they made a jumanji cartoon for tv, it was lame.

ahh I miss childhood. everything was so much simpler then.
ash515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash515 (View Post)
Tell me about it. And you could just get lost in fun movies like this.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash515 (View Post)
Jumanji. OMG. I love this movie. I remember when it came out, I wasn't allowed to watch it, because my mom thought I'd get nightmares. but then I just went with and saw it with some school friends. and it did scare me. haha.

and then my friend got the board game, and we kept thinking that one time we'd get sucked into the game. man my imagination was way too overactive. and then they made a jumanji cartoon for tv, it was lame.

Them were the days!

My mom watched it with me and when the board game came out I asked her to buy it for me and her answer was, "NO WAY! That game is scary." Moms.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I remember being disappointed in the board game. I guess I wanted it to be as cool as it was in the movie. I didn't want to grasp the concept as to why it couldn't be exactly like that at the time.
Reply   Post New Thread