Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2019, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Have you seen the new "Child's Play" film?
Old 10-14-2019, 09:36 PM
Extreme Fan

I haven't seen the new Child's Play. Is it good?
Old 10-15-2019, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah. I mean it's a solid enough remake I thought. There's plenty of gore in it. If you are a fan of the other films in that franchise, this new 1 is worth watching I'd say.
Old 10-15-2019, 03:41 PM
Master Fan

I liked how the new Chucky implemented technology. An app that uploaded your details to the doll. That's what separates it from the original for me.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh23 (View Post)
Another film that gives me the creeps (though not reality based - I hope lol) is Jeepers Creepers. I still can't listen to that song without expecting a freaky monster to appear.
I think the first Jeepers Creepers was so good because the chemistry between the two leads was so good.

Same thing goes for Wrong Turn. Both of these films had solid acting and sympathetic characters, working as stand-alone movies.

Then the sequels are just in it for the money and don't care who they cast. The only Final Destination sequel I actually like is the third movie.

I saw Let Me In at the weekend (with Chloe Grace Moretz) and I'm baffled as to why people hyped this up years ago It is boring beyond belief and thinks it is clever by throwing gore in your face every now and then. Does a stupid "is she a vampire?" tease (which is never really answered) and then it literally ends on a boring shot of the young boy leaving on a coach. Has anyone else seen this movie?
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 10-16-2019, 04:03 PM
Master Fan

The original "Let Me In" was better, not the americanized version. I think it was Swedish?
Old 10-16-2019, 11:38 PM
Elite Fan

The first and last Final Destination films are the best ones. The sequels inbetween mostly suck. I only kind of like the second one cause Clear came back, but then they killed her in such a silly way it made her return a waste. So after the crappy sequels, the fifth one was a pleasant surprise. I recommend seeing that one, it went back to having creative deaths and has a great and shocking twist at the end. It sucks that most horror movies start out strong then start to get bad cause they make too many damn sequels. I don't get why people don't understand this and won't just stop while their ahead.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:17 PM
Master Fan

^^ I agree, but I also liked the third because of Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Kris Lemche.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:15 PM
Extreme Fan

I just watched The Autopsy of Jane Doe. It was gruesome. I had to turn my head a few times because I felt physically uncomfortable. That said, other than being very gross, I didn't find it all that scary. Has anyone else seen it?
Old 10-19-2019, 11:53 PM
Master Fan

I’ve seen it and agree! It had potential but overall was underwhelming.

I discovered a new trilogy, the third released this year, “Hell House LLC”. Had a found footage style set up, but really interesting!
Old 10-20-2019, 03:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

I watched The Autopsy of Jane Doe about 2 weeks ago and I was underwhelmed by it too. Some parts were okay but overall it was meh. The friend I watched it with and I made fun of a lot of it haha. She doesn't like bugs though so one part did make her squirm a bit.
Old 10-21-2019, 02:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I didn't like the 2nd Final Destination movie at all. The new cast were dull and it felt as if they didn't have a clue what to do with Clear.

The 3rd movie worked for me, because of the set-up of the rollercoaster ride (something many of us can relate to it in terms of fear) and the cast were mostly likable.

The deaths were also better in the 3rd movie (the tanning beds! Gah ) but I've read the novelization and don't understand why most of the romantic tension between Kevin and Wendy was cut out of the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettie Mae Page (View Post)
The original "Let Me In" was better, not the americanized version. I think it was Swedish?
that's right and they should have left it alone. The American one is excruciatingly boring

The Ring (by Gore Verbinski) has to be the best American remake ever. It's that rare time where I think it is miles better than the original Japanese movie. The tape itself has scarier images and Rachel/Noah are a strong detective duo.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 10-21-2019, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't remember seeing any of the ''Final Destination'' films.

I watched ''The Prodigy'' last night. It was OK. I mean, the birth scene I didn't need to see. Some of it was predictable such as the kid's dad in the car & what happened to him there. Also, if there are pets in Horror films, I think it's just an assumption that they either will die in them or something else terrible will happen to them. I just saw recently in the new ''Child's Play'' film something awful happen to a cat. I'm going to watch the new ''Pet Semetary'' film this week & of course of course seeing previous films with that title in it, since this is a remake it's safe to assume that animals are going meet their ends in it. The ending of ''The Prodigy'' was disappointing I thought. What about you?
Old 10-24-2019, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
I don't remember seeing any of the ''Final Destination'' films.
The first one and the third were my favorites because they had a cohesive plotline of "besting death's plan", plus I generally cared about most of the characters, whereas most of the sequels felt shoe-horned in for no other reason than it being a cash cow.

Also, those two movies had hard-hitting references to real life events such as John Denver's plane crash and 9/11. Done in ways in which didn't exploit the events but included them to make you feel the true danger these movie characters were in.

Quote:
I'm going to watch the new ''Pet Semetary'' film this week & of course of course seeing previous films with that title in it, since this is a remake it's safe to assume that animals are going meet their ends in it. The ending of ''The Prodigy'' was disappointing I thought. What about you?
I haven't seen 'The Prodigy'. What's the plotline?

Even though I like Jason Clarke, I'm not sure I care to watch the Pet Sematary remake just for him... I loved the original and feel that it was done to perfection (although the daughter really truly annoyed me )

Halloween in a week
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 10-24-2019, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

''The Prodigy'' is about a couple that have a son who shows incredible intelligence & they are thrilled by it, but then he shows violent tendencies & if you've seen ''The Good Son'' that starred Macauley Culkin & Elijah Wood'', it's somewhat similar to that, but perhaps scarier to some.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top