Elite Fan

Those are gorgeous
Old 05-08-2018, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Johanna!
Mi||iê Måë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 09:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Drew Barrymore was so good in the movie. She's hilarious on her new show. Well, not so new now it's getting a season 3!
a fine mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love SCD! She's such a sweetheart!
Old 05-11-2018, 04:58 PM
Addicted Fan

"Just breathe."

Wiser words have never been spoken, but the emotion in Drew's voice... hit much more than the need humans have for oxygen.

And no, she's not sweet as you say. Not even remotely sweet.

She is a warrior for the entire female sex (as has been proven too many times for me to need to say this, but if you doubt me, just google "Drew Barrymore" and "feminism" because she wasn't just a producer on Charlie's Angels -- the ultimate female empowerment show, even though it also... sexualized... the stars, but she brought women's rights to life in this very film).

Just breathe.

Just breathe.

Just breathe, then say to yourself that you deserve that fairy-tale ending of a man who loves you more than he loves life itself, but is the same man that you can rescue from danger by carrying him away....

Because all women deserve to have room to breathe in their most intimate relationships, and deserve to be adored by the men they trust with every breath.
hopeless romantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I watched Charlie's Angels the other day actually.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:40 PM
Addicted Fan

I have a genuinely weird connection to this film....

I am descended from a French Huguenot, and the Henry in the movie was called Henry IV (or Henry the fourth), and some of the stuff in the movie is true (not in the sense that he founded the University of Paris -- La Sorbonne was created in 1257, but it is possible that Henry IV created another university that accepted people without money....

The history of Henry IV of Navarre is worth reading, particularly so because he was the first and only monarch of France who was a Protestant.

So the depiction of him as being a "free thinker" was true.

But the history of that period is quite dark, and involves "wars of religion."

Regardless, I have an anesthesic for you, and it is Leonardo da Vinci's actual painting, which looks so much like the forgery for the movie that you need to look at it with awe:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_of_a_Woman_(Leonardo)

It is in Parma, Italy, where it has always been, and I hope you will never eat pizza without asking for parmigiano-regiano grated on top again.
Old 05-12-2018, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's really interesting! I love when films pull from history. Very exciting.
Old 05-12-2018, 07:01 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm kinda a history addict, lol.

But yeah, it's quite rare to watch a movie that is even remotely true to history.

If you'd be willing take a free movie rec from me, one of my favorite books growing up was The Scarlet Pimpernel, and while I'd be ashamed to call either the book or the film "historically accurate," the film version, starring Anthony Andrews and the never-more-gorgeous Jane Seymour (unless you count her beauty in Somewhere in Time, which first introduced me to Rachmaninov's Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini, so... there's an actual rhapsody that my mind associates with her, lol -- and it co-stars Christopher Reeve, that gorgeous, gorgeous man!!! so it's a bit... drool-worthy too...), and you can watch all of The Scarlet Pimpernel (beware, it's just a bit over two hours long, but...) every moment is almost as thrilling as Ever After...), and it's the rarest sort of film adaptation: one that uses the book on which it was based as a verbatim source for both the action and the dialog.

You can buy it from the usual sources.

But beware of the cross, the double-cross, and... the cravatte jokes, lol.

Last edited by hopeless romantic; 05-12-2018 at 09:29 PM
Old 05-12-2018, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that!

I would remove the link to the full movie though, technically that's piracy and Youtube just hasn't removed it.

I can rent if from iTunes here though, so thanks for the recommendation!
Old 05-12-2018, 09:28 PM
Addicted Fan

I am so sorry.

Please all -- buy the link to this movie (AKA, don't rent it -- even your sons will want to watch it over and over again!!!).
Old 05-12-2018, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, we don't post links to illegal downloads or streams. You can share stream links or download links in PMs.
a fine mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^^ Thanks for clarifying and thanks for removing the link! No worries on posting it to begin with, that's what reminding is for!

I can rent it from my iTunes, so I might do that tomorrow afternoon. I'll let you know when I do watch though!
Old 05-14-2018, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So I watched "The Scarlet Pimpernel" last night. Very cute movie. Such a young Jane Seymour and Ian McKellan! He was good as the villain.

Reminded me of EverAfter a lot with the pretending to be one person to change your stars sort of feel!

Thanks again for the recommendation!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top