Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2004, 09:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by m&m fkan
When does it come out for us.....in the states?

Claudia
No Date Yet, no info yet think they will wait after they release in the theaters this sep, and then announce, and least thats my guess....
capesidefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 02:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Here's a link to an entertaining DD fansite in Italian:

http://www.donniedarko.it/

it is quite trippy, yet still easier to navigate than http://www.donniedarko.com/ (even though the nav links are in Italian(!)). Someone put a lot of work into it.
pixiedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 09:16 PM
Master Fan

it just brought me to the regular site...I could never figure out how to get through it...

Claudia
Old 10-01-2004, 07:56 PM
Master Fan

What's Donnie Darko about?
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 05:42 AM
Loyal Fan

a thumbnail description:

Quote:
Donnie Darko (2001): While not a traditionally scary movie, the cult classic Darko is a thought-provoking masterpiece about a troubled teenager and his visions of a giant rabbit fortelling the apocolypse. Still with me? Donnie sleepwalks out of his room, narrowly missing a deadly accident that would have killed him. This sets in motion a chain of events that could bring about the end of the universe and sends Donnie down a path to a deadly climax at a Halloween party. Donnie Darko is rated R for language, some drug use and violence.
from an article that recommends it for Halloween viewing:

Movies to Get into the Halloween Mood
Old 10-06-2004, 10:42 PM
Master Fan

That's awesome!
Thanks for the link!

I'll be watching this Halloween night!

Claudia
Old 10-07-2004, 03:45 PM
Master Fan

Sounds pretty cool. I'll have to go and see it.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

My brother bought this movie a few days ago and I finally watched it last night. It was alright. There were some bits that I didnt understand to much.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 08:03 PM
Master Fan

It's one of those movies you either love or hate....I had to watch it a few times before I really "got it"...

Claudia
Old 10-23-2004, 03:19 AM
Loyal Fan

Donnie Darko in his mind's eye (One little boy, one little man) is a new review on rogerebert.com (though not by Ebert), rather dry, but it posits that the whole thing is about Donnie's forbidden desire for his sister.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:27 PM
Addicted Fan

Hi
I'm here only now because in Italy DD is shown only now, just three years later than the rest of the world... we really live in a parallel universe, don't we?

This movie really captivated me . I'm on the edge of becoming obsessed but it's so deep that I couldn't help myself think about it.

G
Old 12-06-2004, 01:53 AM
Passionate Fan

I watched this movie a few nights ago because I had heard it mentioned a few times. I for some reason thought it was a superhero movie, not a movie I had to think about.

I did NOT like it one bit. The stupid rabbit scared the crap out of me, I had no idea what was going on either. I don't like movies I have to watch more than one time just to understand. In my opinion it just means they didn't go a good enough job of explaining it.

I just wish movies came with a little guide that explained what the hell was going on. Airplane jets crashing into a house? And they never figured out where it came from either so that's what confused me!
mh67511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 04:19 AM
New Fan

Donnie: What happens if you tell mom and dad about this?
Samantha: you'll put ariel down the garbage disposal.
Donnie: God Damn right i will.

Samantha: Hi Cherita.
Cherita: Chut up!

Hehehe, i couldn't resist!!!
Old 12-24-2004, 05:30 AM
Master Fan

Okay, I finally rented the DD DVD and watched it and got kinda confused about some parts. Could someone explain the philosophy of time travel? I kinda understand how the paths coming out of the people's chests show where their destinies will lead them; Donnie's path leads him to his Father's closet and his handgun hidden inside (am I right on this?). So, why did the jet engine make it when Donnie came back in time? I don't understand how something in the future could come back to a particular event in the past.

Could someone just explain the whole film to me?
Old 12-24-2004, 06:31 AM
Elite Fan

For Xmas: I got the coolest DD gift ever! I got a poster signed by the cast, w/ a letter of authenticity. And ... I could not be happier. It's hanging up in my room. And it's sooo cool!

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread