Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2014, 09:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

Divergent Series #1

I'm afraid this will end up like "The Host" movie.

But if they continue with this movie's sequel, then they should continue with "The Host's" sequel right away.
ireeagleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ton of hype . I Max movie ok for and kinda aimed at teens . So it should do very well , there is to be at least 2 other sequels
Old 03-20-2014, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

From what I hear its better than the book so will have to wait an see
Old 03-21-2014, 12:07 AM
Addicted Fan

yes, it will not be as big as the hunger games. Noone will top J Law.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:19 AM
Obsessed Fan

perhaps a better question than will 'divergent' flop?.... is anyone seeing 'divergent'?

knowing nothing about the books upon which this film is based on...i will....why?.....there's a theatre not far from my home that has family days on tuesdays and thursdays where the price of admission is only $4.00 all day long.....and it's just a harmless way to spend some time before going shopping......most of the time i don't feel to cheated if the amount of money that i pay to see a film is the above listed amount......unless of course it's a film like 'machete kills' which i saw in the same theatre which in hindsight was a total waste of time and money.........
mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

There's no way it's going to end up like "The Host". That movie barely made $10 million in it's opening weekend and 'Divergent' already made $5 million in its Thursday showings alone, and it wasn't even officially released until today. It won't be as big as 'The Hunger Games' but it's on pace to do quite well. With the fact that 'The Host', 'The Mortal Instruments', 'Vampire Academy' and 'Beautiful Creatures' flopped so badly, all 'Divergent really has to do is make somewhere in the neighborhood of $50 million this weekend to be considered a success.
GRITS83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

box office mojo .com

Playing at 3,936 locations, Divergent opened to an estimated $22.8 million on Friday. That includes $4.9 million from late Thursday shows. While that opening day figure is nowhere close to Twilight ($36 million) or The Hunger Games ($67.3 million), it's still one of the best young-adult debuts ever.

If Divergent plays like The Hunger Games, it will wind up with around $52 million for the weekend. That seems likely, given the demographic breakdown: the movie attracted more men than expected (41 percent), and was split evenly between those over and under 25 years of age. Combine that with an "A" CinemaScore, and Divergent may not be as frontloaded as its genre and poor reviews suggested.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:39 PM
Master Fan

From a non-stats pov I can't speak for all the movie goers on the planet, but as a movie lover who is generally bored to tears by Hollywood nowadays I am actually looking forward to this it may not be the best movie ever made but it's certainly filling a gap Yeah, it may not beat HG but it looks more interesting than that to me HG only worked cz of J-Law
Old 03-23-2014, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Divergent

Domestic Total as of Mar. 23, 2014: $56,000,000 (Estimate) weekend take pretty good
Old 03-26-2014, 12:33 PM
Elite Fan

I saw this last night and thought it was a decent movie overall. There were a few things I think would have been confusing for viewers who hadn't read the book but oh well. I enjoyed it. Not amazing, but good. And Ashley Judd and Kate Winslet killed it.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:03 AM
Loyal Fan

I thought Divergent was an awesome movie and liked the plot considering I have not read the books. I like the themes from this movie, especially about destiny and gifts and choosing what one wants versus what they've been given. I left the movie with so many questions/hypotheticals. I've considered reading the books, but I don't know if it's a good idea, especially if I end up watching the movie sequels.
ane_rosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:59 PM
Addicted Fan

Loved it, I loved shailene woodley.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captivating (View Post)
I saw this last night and thought it was a decent movie overall. There were a few things I think would have been confusing for viewers who hadn't read the book but oh well. I enjoyed it. Not amazing, but good. And Ashley Judd and Kate Winslet killed it.
True I agree.......

Last edited by navami; 03-31-2014 at 07:09 PM
navami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:46 AM
Total Fan

I haven't read the book but I went to the UK Premiere the other day and I really enjoyed the film. Shailene was such a strong lead, no J-Law but who is? The story seemed strong and I am intrigued as to where the sequels will take the story. The only thing I really disliked was the relationship between Four/Tris. Am I supposed to find the line 'If I wanted to hurt you, I would have' romantic or sexy? I didn't. I found it borderline abusive.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:08 PM
Supreme Fan

Saw it, loved it. Theo James was fantastic and the chemistry between him and Shailene carried the movie.

So when you healed me, you risked all of this getting out, didn't you?
Yeah.
Why?
It was you.
|Max Evans + Liz Parker|
Sawyer&Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread