Old 06-01-2016, 12:00 PM
Elite Fan

thanks for the news, Lyundell !

~ Pari ~ addicted to brainies Icon by me
Old 06-08-2016, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Batman: The Killing Joke Coming to Theaters on July 25th – DCComicsMovie
Quote:
Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment are really giving the fans what they want as they have decided to team up with Fathom Events and release their first R-rated animated film Batman: The Killing Joke, in theaters for two showings on July 25th, 2016 at 7:30pm and 10:00pm local times.
Old 06-09-2016, 07:05 AM
Elite Fan

Great news for the fans!

Old 06-21-2016, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ben Affleck is unhappy with Batman script, wont move forward yet
Quote:
"I think they [Warner Bros.] have a date for it," Affleck said. "Although, I don’t know if I would necessarily be able to make that date because I don’t have a script that’s ready yet. So that’s my -- my timetable is I’m not going to make a movie until there’s a script that I think is good because, I’ve been on the end of the things when you make movies when you have a script that’s not good yet and it doesn’t pan out."

Experience is a brutal teacher, and it sounds like between Daredevil and the critical response to Batman V Superman Affleck's had enough of suiting up for a film that's undercooked.

"I have a script, we’re still working on it,"
the actor added. "And I’m not happy enough with it yet to actually go out there and make a Batman movie, for which I have the highest of standards, I would say. That’s something that would have to pass a very high bar for me. It’s not just like, 'Yeah, that might be fun, let’s go try this out.'"
Get Your First Look At The Dark Knight's Upgraded Batmobile For Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE
Quote:
"You have missile launchers, you have cannons, you have machine guns," explained production designer Patrick Tatopoulos.
Old 06-23-2016, 06:45 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the news, Lyndell!

Old 06-30-2016, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome

Old 07-01-2016, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

'The LEGO Batman Movie' is a 90-minute Easter egg full of comic and movie references - Batman News

Quote:
The LEGO Batman Movie producers Phil Lord and Chris Miller for an update on the movie. And right off the bat (no pun intended), it sounds like director Chris McKay is the right guy for the job!

“Chris McKay, the director of the movie, is a real Batman aficionado and knows really arcane stuff that was only in one issue of the comic book in 1972, and that sort of thing,” Miller said. “And he has a very large Catwoman tattoo on his forearm,” Lord added.

So what can fans expect? A giant 90-minute long Easter egg full of references from the comics, all the way up through the movies, including Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice!

“So, it is chock full of stuff for Batman aficionados. It is just a 90-minute Easter egg,” Miller explained. “And it heavily honors the comics. So, it covers all the way through to Batman v Superman,” Lord concluded.
Old 07-02-2016, 11:46 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the stuff, Lyndell!

Old 07-09-2016, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm glad Ben Affleck isn't settling for mediocre but wants a better script. We all know how Green Lantern turned out.
Old 07-11-2016, 12:10 PM
Elite Fan

Ben Affleck 's choices are very good the last years!

Old 07-20-2016, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Batman: The Killing Joke Theatrical Screening Expanded To A Second Night

Quote:
Due to unprecedented demand, a second date and two additional show times have been added. Participating locations for July 26 are limited and ticketing is being set up continuously so click on the orange “Buy Tickets” button to purchase today. If online ticketing is not available for your location, please check back often or visit the local movie theater box office.
Old 07-24-2016, 12:36 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the news, Lyndell !

Old 07-26-2016, 09:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Thanks for bringing that over!
Old 07-27-2016, 07:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

BOX OFFICE: BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE Debuted With An Impressive $3.1 Million Yesterday Evening

Quote:
The demand for Batman: The Killing Joke was so high that Warner Bros. decided to give it a limited two day theatrical run, and it seems that's paid off in a big way for them. Box Office Mojo reports that the animated feature earned a solid $3.175 million yesterday, a figure which isn't all that far behind what many wide releases earn during their Thursday night showings. This figure obviously doesn't take into account viewings from today or overseas, so it will be very interesting to see exactly how high it goes.

Debuting in 1325 theaters, you have to believe that the success of Batman: The Killing Joke could very well lead to us seeing more of these animated DC Comics adaptations on the big screen. Who know, their days of being direct to home video movies could be nearing an end after impressive performance.
'Killing Joke' rehashes controversy with new movie
Quote:
But backlash set in almost as soon as the animated movie premiered last weekend at Comic-Con, where the audience questioned the addition of an out-of-place sex scene between Batman and Batgirl (Tara Strong), a relationship that has traditionally been depicted as a mentorship......

The graphic plot also troubled many. In both the comic and the movie, Killing Joke strongly implies that the Joker rapes Commissioner Gordon's daughter Barbara (who is also Batgirl) after shooting her.

"Superhero stories can be as serious and as real as literary ones, but it doesn’t have to be R-rated to get there,” Faraci says. “(Moore) danced over the line.”

So why reincarnate the controversial comic in the first place?

Executive producer Bruce Timm says the comic has always been on the short list of graphic novels DC has wanted to adapt.

"Fans have asked for — pretty much demanded — an adaptation of The Killing Joke," Timm says. "So clearly, a very popular story in spite of — or maybe even because of — the various controversies surrounding it. Whether we succeeded or not will, of course, be up to viewers to decide."
Old 07-27-2016, 10:54 PM
Elite Fan

That's awesome !!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread