Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2005, 06:03 PM
Master Fan

Bridget Fonda is hot. I saw her in Single White Female and Lake Placid.
The Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 06:20 PM
Master Fan

Rent this one. You'll love it. She's totally kick ass in it. I've got the dvd.

"What we've got here is...failure to communicate"
Galaxia21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 06:20 PM
Master Fan

Cool I will get it some day.
The Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 02:26 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Survivor
I never saw Leon and only half of Taxi. I should rent them tho.
Hey, lucky number 4. You should watch Leon. I mademy cousin watch it with me about two months ago, and she's still obsessing over it until now. Hasn't returned my DVD. Oh, and re: Taxi. Although, the new one's also semi-made by Luc Besson, it's mostly just Hollywood-ized crap. You should get the original French version. There are two sequels even, I think.

Oh, and there's a new Luc Besson movie out, the one with Jet Li. Unleashed, I think. Can't wait.

Re: Point of No Return. What's it about? I mean, without spoiling it. I'm thinking about renting it out tonight.

Til further notice
I'm in between
From where I'm standing
My grass is green
Princess Bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 02:27 AM
Obsessed Fan

Oh! I thought Tango & Cash was nice. I have a thing for Sylvester Stallone.

Til further notice
I'm in between
From where I'm standing
My grass is green
Princess Bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know better
But I still feel you all around icon
fall like stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 09:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

by "Sin City" i was like Wow!
MartyRoryFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 11:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

Action movies get a bad rap in the U.S. mainly because they are percieved as "mindless" entertainment... And in some respects they are right because for every good "Kill Bill" there are about a thousand "Hudson Hawks" out there that don't do much for the genre but re-inforce the stereotype of the action movie being nothing but explosions, CGI natural disasters, gunfights and no story.

Michael Bay (Bad Boys; Pearl Harbor) is partly to blame for the decline in this genre in the last few years because he makes movies that literally fit the stereotype to a tee (all action, no story or characterization). Plus, he has contempt for the movie-going public and the craft of film making by saying all action movie audiences are "horny teenagers" -- As well as using a direction-style that rips off other, better directors and uses cheap tricks like shaking the camera to fake a feeling of energy and excitement -- And I find this highly insulting considering that GOOD action directors... John Woo, Bryan Singer and Chris Nolan... Treat audiences like adults (no matter their chronological age) and that in itself goes along way in how a movie plays out to begin with.

The other big bias that action films have against them is a lot of people like to think of themselves as "intellectual film fans" and like to trash the action movie genre simply because they want to look smart and feel better about themselves... When they should remember that film making itself is subjective and should just get off their high horses and get a life -- To be blunt.

As far as my favorite action films...

I used to love the Die Hard movies... Until I realized how phony they really are

Some of the best action films were from the '80s like the "Lethal Weapon" series as well as some of Arnold's classics that are now cult favorites like "Commando" and "The Running Man".

Presently, I am more into action films that do more than just blow stuff up and have slow-motion gunfights. I like movies like "Batman Begins", "Red Eye", "Training Day" and others that have deeper themes within them like fear in Batman Begins, appearance vs. reality in Red Eye and man vs. man in "Training Day" that ultimately expand the canvas beyond the confilcts and action you see on screen.
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:25 PM
Elite Fan

I love action movies! But I've been in love with the Bourne series for years now. The Bourne Supremacy is truly the best of them all, and one of the best action movies I've ever seen.

I came out of theater with a headache from the bang bang action and a tear in my eye for Bourne's cold and violent life. It was wonderful.

Quote:
Action movies get a bad rap in the U.S. mainly because they are percieved as "mindless" entertainment... And in some respects they are right because for every good "Kill Bill" there are about a thousand "Hudson Hawks" out there that don't do much for the genre but re-inforce the stereotype of the action movie being nothing but explosions, CGI natural disasters, gunfights and no story.
I agree.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:06 AM
Master Fan

May I be added?

I'm a fan of action movies too but I'm a little picky. Anyway, Rush Hour movies, Matrix films, The Tuxedo and Sin City are my favorites.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:19 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gean (View Post)
May I be added?

I'm a fan of action movies too but I'm a little picky. Anyway, Rush Hour movies, Matrix films, The Tuxedo and Sin City are my favorites.
Sin City is fantastic. My favorite action sequence is the shooting in Old Town!

You're added!
Old 01-19-2008, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainstorm18 (View Post)
I also love all the Die hard movies
Die Hard would have to be my favorite action movie ever. It made the genre what it is. I really like the subsequent ones as well, but the original will always be the best. I also love Leon: The Professional, V for Vendetta, Con Air...so many.
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:08 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCkLeS4dAwSoN (View Post)
Die Hard would have to be my favorite action movie ever. It made the genre what it is. I really like the subsequent ones as well, but the original will always be the best. I also love Leon: The Professional, V for Vendetta, Con Air...so many.

The original Die Hard gets my vote for best action movie EVER. But, I didn't care for either of the sequels that I saw. In fact, I didn't even see Live Free and Die Hard because I didn't want to be disappointed....again.

Should I rent it and watch it? Was there a general concensus from the fans that it was any good?

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 17
Chabo the Wolf Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, nothing will ever beat the original. I have the other 3 sequels, just 'cause I love John McClane that much. The 4th wasn't too bad, minus having to be censored a bit for the PG-13 rating. The Unrated version isn't much different, you just get to hear most of the stuff that was bleeped out of the original. If just to see the latest version, I'd suggest it. It's neat bringing Lucy McClane back into the mix as well.
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:43 PM
Elite Fan

I've only seen Live Free or Die Hard out of the Die Hard series. Some people would beat me up for that.